Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

18 GAMES LEFT

1) With 18 games left if we continue at same rate of points per game we will end the season with say 47 points. League 1? Who knows, it would be too close to call, probably down to goal difference.

2) If we have a 50% improvement in points per game we will end up with 56 points. Should be safe.

3) If we win every game till the end of this season we will finish on 83 points and probably a play off place.

Obviously number 3 ain''t going to happen, but once new manager is in place and the initial buzz dies down after a couple of games, can we really see a 50% improvement over the course of the rest of the season?

I think its still going to be tough and we ain''t out of trouble by a long way.

Can anyone reassure me?

I think we need to aim to win 12 games for definite safety. 12 games would be 36 points and give us a total of 55 points. I think that''ll be enough.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I think we need to aim to win 12 games for definite safety. 12 games would be 36 points and give us a total of 55 points. I think that''ll be enough. [/quote]*cough* 65 *cough*

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I think we need to aim to win 12 games for definite safety. 12 games would be 36 points and give us a total of 55 points. I think that''ll be enough. [/quote]itd give us 65 pts actually. That''d do tho! i''ll take 7 wins tbh, and a couple of draws.

think its going to be - played 18, won 6, drawn 3, lost 9 points 21. add that to our current 29 and would finish the season on 50 points.

squeaky bum time.

ok, we don''t wanna leave it till Charlto, last game. Impossible to predict the Scum game & i''m not sure away to Southampton on a tuesday night in january is very hopeful, Doncaster are gonna be fighting for their lives, which other 6 games we gonna win?

[quote user="Grim Roeder"] i''m not sure away to Southampton on a tuesday night in january is very hopeful[/quote]home to southampton...although their away record is pretty good tbh, still reckon its a very winnable game...especially if we have a new bloke in charge by then

[quote user="Soton Canary"][quote user="Grim Roeder"] i''m not sure away to Southampton on a tuesday night in january is very hopeful[/quote]

home to southampton...although their away record is pretty good tbh, still reckon its a very winnable game...especially if we have a new bloke in charge by then
[/quote]

Humble apologies for getting that horribly wrong, we are definitely at home to Southampton.

I really  hope you are right and we win lots of our games, I''m just having a reality check.

• It worries me when the Board approach Worthington r.e. new manager.
  • We traditionally follow up epic wins i.e. 4 - 0 with equally epic displays of woeful football.
  • I havn''t seen any new players come in yet halfway thru the window.

55 would certainly be enough.  I think Leicester went down on 52 points last season which was the highest for years, although some teams have stayed up around the 46 point mark.  Could be another high one this season because everybody - except Charlton - are picking up victories here and there.

I went to the Leicester game last season when they thumped us 4 - 0 and remember discounting them from relegation. Is there are similarity brewing here ???[:|]

We''re definite candidates for the drop - it''s going to be a very interesting/nervy run-in.

Getting an away win at Donny is the key.  After then we have a pretty tough run-in and a victory would get us believing again in the same way that the win at Blackpool did under Roeder''s early reign.  I don''t fancy trips to Wolves, Brum, Ipswich, Swansea, Preston and QPR much if we don''t get a result at the Keepmoat.

I think the home games are a bit kinder - there are some winnable matches there - but we can''t rely on that alone.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]I think we need to aim to win 12 games for definite safety. 12 games would be 36 points and give us a total of 55 points. I think that''ll be enough. [/quote]*cough* 65 *cough*[/quote]65, thank you [:D]Still, I think that has to be the target. Get 65 points and it''ll pull us well out of it.