Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Out of ten, how happy i'd be with these guys as manager

Starting at a base of 5Gunn or Malkay - 6 only experience lets him down gets an extra credit for being one of them ''Mr Norwich'' typesFerguson Jr. - 7 (8 with gunn as Asst.) gets a credit for his good work with P.Boro, and one for his dad''s good work.Aidy Boothroyd - 7.5 (8.5 with Malkay as Asst.). 2 credits for excellent work with watford, loses 0.5 for bad bits. Promoted, Prem season, Playoffs, then bad start this year to clear things up. 1 for knowing the club already, and 1 if he gets Malkay in.Ince - 7 1 credit for Macclesfield work and 1 for Mk Dons work, i''ll let him off Blackburn as it was a bridge to far for him.The Norwegian guy - 7 1.5 for work abroad, 0.5 for some yellow n green blood.Worthy - 5 1 for good work last time, loses 1 for the fact we shouldn''t really be going back on ourselves.J Calderwood - 6.5 1.5 for all the good work he''s done so far in his time at Dunfermeline and Aberdeen, it is the SPL tho.Mark Robins - 7 1 for past connections, 1 for amazing job at Rotherhamcba doing more, but wat do you all think? wat other names can yoou throw in?

What I find most worrying is that of these candidates, plus others that have been bandied around, such as Dowie, none of them hit me in the face with a ''wow - he''s the man''. There seems to be some sort of question mark against all of them. If you''re looking for someone against whom I don''t think there is a question mark, or at least not a very big one, it would be someone not on that list i.e. Peter Taylor.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Starting at a base of 5

Gunn or Malkay - 6 only experience lets him down gets an extra credit for being one of them ''Mr Norwich'' types
Ferguson Jr. - 7 (8 with gunn as Asst.) gets a credit for his good work with P.Boro, and one for his dad''s good work.
Aidy Boothroyd - 7.5 (8.5 with Malkay as Asst.). 2 credits for excellent work with watford, loses 0.5 for bad bits. Promoted, Prem season, Playoffs, then bad start this year to clear things up. 1 for knowing the club already, and 1 if he gets Malkay in.
Ince - 7 1 credit for Macclesfield work and 1 for Mk Dons work, i''ll let him off Blackburn as it was a bridge to far for him.
The Norwegian guy - 7 1.5 for work abroad, 0.5 for some yellow n green blood.
Worthy - 5 1 for good work last time, loses 1 for the fact we shouldn''t really be going back on ourselves.
J Calderwood - 6.5 1.5 for all the good work he''s done so far in his time at Dunfermeline and Aberdeen, it is the SPL tho.
Mark Robins - 7 1 for past connections, 1 for amazing job at Rotherham
cba doing more, but wat do you all think? wat other names can yoou throw in?
[/quote]

Ferguson - 8

Robins - 7

most of the rest either wouldn''t come or wouldn''t set the world alight imo, Boothroyd if he comes with Malky - 6

If I was the board I would be forgetting the interviews and falling to my knees before Mr. A Curbishley....as if we COULD convince him - it would be great. I just feel he fits Norwich in his personality and style and that it could be a match made in heaven.  All the other candidates leave me thinking ''ok'' but not excited

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]What I find most worrying is that of these candidates, plus others that have been bandied around, such as Dowie, none of them hit me in the face with a ''wow - he''s the man''. There seems to be some sort of question mark against all of them. If you''re looking for someone against whom I don''t think there is a question mark, or at least not a very big one, it would be someone not on that list i.e. Peter Taylor.[/quote]Precisely what i''ve been thinking which is why my vote goes with the Boothy & Malky combination think it''s the best option avalible,good call with Taylor tho, but imo he''s more than happy to stay out of the limelight and concentrate on lower league football.There was one outsider in the betting that caught my attention David O'' Leary just don''t think he''d come.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]What I find most worrying is that of these candidates, plus others that have been bandied around, such as Dowie, none of them hit me in the face with a ''wow - he''s the man''. There seems to be some sort of question mark against all of them. If you''re looking for someone against whom I don''t think there is a question mark, or at least not a very big one, it would be someone not on that list i.e. Peter Taylor.[/quote]Sadly, I think that is inevitable when talking about a lower half Championship side with no money to spend in the transfer market.It''s like the old joke about public toilets - "the best ones are all taken and the only available ones are full of sh*t."

[quote user="Costa-Canary"]agreed, curbishley is easily the best man for the job,but i really don''t think he would be interrested.[/quote]

would this be the same Curbishley whose Wet Sham team was criticised as dull, over-cautious and negative?

I''m not ruling him out but lets not blind ourselves to the negatives.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Except he ruled himself out earlier in the week.[/quote]

Did he? Missed that - ta

Taylor then 8.5

I must have missed something with Taylor. Apart from success with the under 21''s he''s been a disaster where ever he''s been hasn''t he?

Perhaps someone can enlighten me, otherwise i put him slightly lower than our old media friend Butch Wilkins. Pah!!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I must have missed something with Taylor. Apart from success with the under 21''s he''s been a disaster where ever he''s been hasn''t he?

Perhaps someone can enlighten me, otherwise i put him slightly lower than our old media friend Butch Wilkins. Pah!![/quote]He has done well in the lower league- won promotion with Gillingham and Brighton, and two promotions with Hull. He is going to add Wycombe to that list as well this season, but he hasn''t done anything at Championship or Premier League level.

Gunn - 6

Robins - 6

Boothroyd - 7

Mackay - 6

Ince - 7.5

Hareide - 5

I''d like Ince for what he did at Macclesfield and the fighting spirit and devotion he instills in his players.  He has good connections in the game and think (if we could afford him he would be good).  I also wouldnt mind a Boothroyd/Mackay combo.  I think most of the other names being banded around are less realistic (but then I didnt think Roeder stood a chance last time!)

[quote user="Libbra Lives"]

Gunn - 6

Robins - 6

Boothroyd - 7

Mackay - 6

Ince - 7.5

Hareide - 5

I''d like Ince for what he did at Macclesfield and the fighting spirit and devotion he instills in his players.  He has good connections in the game and think (if we could afford him he would be good).  I also wouldnt mind a Boothroyd/Mackay combo.  I think most of the other names being banded around are less realistic (but then I didnt think Roeder stood a chance last time!)

[/quote]

What about Warnock he gets results, Palace were in triuble when he went there, and now, ?

[quote user="one 4 the future"][quote user="Barry Brockes"]What I find most worrying is that of these candidates, plus others that have been bandied around, such as Dowie, none of them hit me in the face with a ''wow - he''s the man''. There seems to be some sort of question mark against all of them. If you''re looking for someone against whom I don''t think there is a question mark, or at least not a very big one, it would be someone not on that list i.e. Peter Taylor.[/quote]Precisely what i''ve been thinking which is why my vote goes with the Boothy & Malky combination think it''s the best option avalible,good call with Taylor tho, but imo he''s more than happy to stay out of the limelight and concentrate on lower league football.There was one outsider in the betting that caught my attention David O'' Leary just don''t think he''d come.[/quote]

Peter Taylor was manager at Stevenage for half  a season. He was appointed 2 days before we got Roeder. At the time I thought it was unbelievable that someone of his stature would drop to the conference. Having seen Stevenage several times during his reign, believe me you wouldn''t want to watch his style of football week in week out.

To be fair though it might be that he had to work with what he had at Stevenage. I''m by no means an expert on non-league football but from what I''ve seen quite a lot of it isn''t very pretty. Curbishley would be my best candidate but I think he''s said that he''s hanging on for a Premiership job.

Strange that Mike Phelan''s name hasn''t been mentioned.Currently Number2 to Ferguson at Man U and quite a few years experience of working with him.Has the green and yellow history factor and should have plenty of good contacts in the game.I suppose the downside is that he hasn''t proved himself at management and may not want to.