Sign in to follow this  
canarypie

bryan gunn???

That was one heck of a mood swing, from excited to pizzed off.  CP, I am thrilled about today as well, but remember how well we did early in the Grant and Roeder regimes before naming Gunn the next leader of the free world. 

he loves the club as much as anyone we want passion not some manager who just wants his cv to look good when he wants to move on

Giving caretakers the job after a couple of wins is never a good idea in my opinion. The effect of a new manager, caretake or permanent, usually results in an improvement of form but it never lasts.Ricky Sbragia, for example, stands zero chance of being in charge of Sunderland at the end of the year. That''s even if he lasts the season- I can see them going down to be honest.Gunny is a great bloke, but I don''t think he would be anywhere near successful.

[quote user="canarypie"]i would love him to be appointed manager and will definately take us up the league.[/quote]

WHY NOT? WHY NOT?

Did I know a caretaker manager who should bring a team who had 5 lost in 6 games to win? But to win 4-0? Also bring a player who did not score for us since March to scored his first goal of the season? It''s Bryan Gunn!!!

The point being made against hiring Gunn right now is that this is just 1 game, the game following dumping the manager who had the players doubting themselves.  The only way to hire Gunn full time is if he can, as interim manager for the rest of the season, keep this level of confidence going.

Beyond that, and for the next 2 weeks, we need to see if he can bring any players that will make a difference.  Truth told, we have the players we need to stay in the CCC if they are used correctly. His line up today indicated that he is willing to let the players we have play to their strengths, rather than trying to needlessly reshape them.  Even the hated Fotheringham contributed.  Do the other players really want him as captain?  If yes, then let him play on Tuesday.  If not, put him on the bench and see how we do with someone else leading the team.  If we suck, bring him on to settle things.  More likely, if we do well, let him watch and let the more committed lads take care of business.

We need a new manager who is willing to make the big changes that need to be made. 

The we can adopt "Raise A Little Hell" by Trooper as our song to set the mood for every home game!  It rocks, trust me, and the fans will sing along by the thousands.

Yesterday''s win was nothing short of  miraculous, but it''s not easy to tell after one single game if it was new manager syndrome or something else. It would be interesting to see Gunny in charge for a couple more games to see how it goes, and to bring in a new manager only when and if the fizz runs out. This way we could enjoy the benefits of the NMS twice at least.

Well I had a lovely day along with 24,000 others at the game. Had my son and grandson up from Suffolk and the three of us sang and cheered with the rest of the Barclay and the Snakepit and all the Ground too I should not wonder. The only tough bit for me was climbing Carrow Hill after a jar in the Gunn Club. My glasses got in the way once or twice too as I tried to wipe the tears of joy from my eyes. Pure pleasure, pure enjoyment and if Gunny can give me that feeling once by freeing the team from the shakles of the GR era perhaps he can do it again. Give him a chance I say until the end of the season. I was given a chance years ago to be an Export Salesman in similar circumstances and pretty succcessful I was for the next eight years. I was well liked as a person and I sold because of that... not because I spoke many languages . Let us see if Gunny can make a Manager because he is well liked by players, supporters, the Board and truth to say the whole City!

He''s not ready for Mangement yet IMO, but I think from what I saw yesterday he sould be handed a more important role than Head Recruitment. I think with Aidy B, Malky and Gunny on the stuff we have 3 determined men that know what the club is all about.