Sign in to follow this  
Rabbit

Jinx grounds

Coventry is only just up the M 40 from me but i shant be going saturday, every time i go there we lose, has anybody else got a ground they think is jinxed.
p.s thats why i did`nt go last season.

I second Selhurst.

I have seen us lose twice and draw once to palace and lose once to wimbledon.

Quite bad really as the ground is only 30 mins on the train from me.

selhurst.

since i''ve never lived in the UK, going to see norwich play has been tough. the one time i did get to go was selhurst when we lost to palace 2-0 couple of years ago. we were awful. absolutely second-rate. rivers was terrible.

hopefully my 2nd live norwich match will be a bit different and after 25 years supporting the canaries, i must make my pilgrimage to carrow road some day soon....

what about the ''Milennium Stadium''

that was jinxed, and now the side the jinx was on has changed!

I must agree I''ve seen dire performances at Selhurst against both Palace and Wimbledon, The wimbledon one was the worst, the season before they sold their souls and became MK Dons. They won 4-1 I think and only had about 200 fans combared to our 2000. Depressing.

The worst one though must have been at Loftus Road on Boxing Day a few years back. We lost 2-0. I think we started with Adrian Coote on his own up front, he was so poor we played the last ten minutes with Malky up front on his own. Dire. The only pleasant memory from the day being the guy next to me, avoiding eviction from the stewards by changing his insult towards Gavin Peakock to "Peacock you''ve got masturbational tendencies"

If I''m honest I may be cursed rather than a particular ground. I''ve had a season ticket since 1992-3 and have (i think) gone to at least two away games each season. I am yet to see the Yellas win away. Although the 3-3 draw at Middlesbrough''s old Red Tin Hut ground in 1993, was pretty special, last game of the season, ensured 3rd place in the Premier League.

recently, most of you are right, selhurst, but before that it had to be maine road (we didn''t win there for what seemed like centuries) - also any team in a lower division we drew in the worthington cup lol

nycanary, a quick question.. Please forgive me if this question has already been asked, but, was just wondering how you became a Norwich fan? This is a good thing to hear, who showed you the light???

yeah, maine road stands out more for me as i was at uni in the north west for 6 years. we would trudge along there every year almost knowing that we wouldn''t win. not quite a century gazza but almost - a third of one! 32 years i think it was until the day we broke it in 97. I was there and the atmos was like we''d won the cup or something. 2-1 Neil Adams and the Coote! (or was it bellamy?) As it turned out Man C ended up being relegated to div 2 that season!

Yes I agree - it must be Selhurst Park - dismal ground - horrible to get to - no parking - no space in the ground - impossible to get a cup of tea at half time - can never find the programme sellers - I can remember one game there when we won 2-0 - Jim Bone scored them both and I was kicked in the back and had a cigarette stubbed out on the back of my hand - though we won that one, we never seem to do very well there.

The only ground that I think compared to Selhurst Park was Plough Lane - the home of the original Wimbledon - Oh how I hated playing them with their direct style and we always came off at the end with players streaming blood.

I was living in Manchester when we won 2-1 at Maine Rd. Unfortunately I had to work that day so I couldn''t make the game - shame because I only lived a few minutes from the ground - but I loved rubbing my workmates noses in it when the final score came through!

we won at highfield rd last convincingly and i thoroughly enjoyed the day.
selhurst pk though is a jinx for me. i''ve been 3 times and we''ve lost all 3 to diiferent teams.
c pal & wim & charlton !