Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

Oi loike it looocall

Saturday was brilliant.  It felt like we had our own little "gang" back together again.  Jamie up front, playing well, and scoring, and Gunny as manager. As much as I''ve slated him since retiring from playing, all that went out of the window when I saw him on the sidelines doing a "proper" job.  It''s easy to forget over time, but for the second 45 on Saturday, he was back as Bryan Gunn, the greatest goalkeeper we have ever had.  The saviour in Europe.  The big reason we got into Europe in the first place.  The rookie when he first signed from Aberdeen and got bollocked from Steve Bruce on a regular basis.  The hero, who faced the death of his daughter with such incredible courage and fight.  The goalkeeper who even Eric Cantona had to applaud following a near miraculous save against Man U.  Being able to sing "Ees got no hair but we doooont care", and "Bryan, scratch your aaaarse" was great.  Took me back a fooo yeahs.  If a new manager takes over tomorrow, I will hold Saturday in my memory as a game where Norwich City Football Club were just that.  Norwich City Football Club.  On the ball City.........

[quote user="No Quarter"] Bryan Gunn, the greatest goalkeeper we have ever had.[/quote]As much as I admired Gunny I think thats way over the top. Did you rorget about Kevin Keelan, Chris Woods, Ken Nethercott and even Sandy Kennon?

When I say "ever" had,  Roger Hansbury was the first keeper I saw for City.  I''ve heard great things about Ken Nethercott from my dad, but in my lifetime, Gunny was the best, closely followed by Chrissy Woods.  Come on, let me bit a bit nostalgic for crying out loud..........

[quote user="No Quarter"]Saturday was brilliant.  It felt like we had our own little "gang" back together again.  Jamie up front, playing well, and scoring, and Gunny as manager. As much as I''ve slated him since retiring from playing, all that went out of the window when I saw him on the sidelines doing a "proper" job.  It''s easy to forget over time, but for the second 45 on Saturday, he was back as Bryan Gunn, the greatest goalkeeper we have ever had.  The saviour in Europe.  The big reason we got into Europe in the first place.  The rookie when he first signed from Aberdeen and got bollocked from Steve Bruce on a regular basis.  The hero, who faced the death of his daughter with such incredible courage and fight.  The goalkeeper who even Eric Cantona had to applaud following a near miraculous save against Man U.  Being able to sing "Ees got no hair but we doooont care", and "Bryan, scratch your aaaarse" was great.  Took me back a fooo yeahs.  If a new manager takes over tomorrow, I will hold Saturday in my memory as a game where Norwich City Football Club were just that.  Norwich City Football Club.  On the ball City.........[/quote]Great post[Y]

[quote user="No Quarter"]When I say "ever" had,  Roger Hansbury was the first keeper I saw for City.  I''ve heard great things about Ken Nethercott from my dad, but in my lifetime, Gunny was the best, closely followed by Chrissy Woods.  Come on, let me bit a bit nostalgic for crying out loud..........[/quote]Sorry NQ, I had to question that point but I should have added that I enjoyed the rest of your post. [Y]

Never had to run replays in slow motion when we were on Match of the Week and Vasper was playing. He used to dive in slo mo!

Nobody comes close to "the Cat" (the one that wasn''t Peter Bonnetti) as the all time legendary City Number 1.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Did you rorget [/quote]

Rice Run Raggy.. Ree hee hee...

[img]http://nicknackpaddywhack.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/scooby-doo-magnet-c11747661.jpeg[/img]

jas :)