Sign in to follow this  
Dions Lightsaber

Why the hate for Ince?

I didnt really like him as a player (though he did alright for England) but I''m puzzled by the level of hatred aimed towards Paul Ince.

He has gone about his managerial career by starting at the bottom (and doing a great job by all accounts) at Macclesfield, then moving on to MK Dons and having further success.  If he were that much of a tosser would he not have waited until a big club came along?

Also interested in what people think about this:

If he hadnt gone to Blackburn but had carried on at MK Dons - would people be so against him coming here?

[quote user=" Rebuild the Titanic"]Because he would be Rodent mark 2. He has an arrogant streak in him. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance.[/quote]

I don''t think he is Roeder mark 2 at all ,

Ince was arrogant only as a player because, like it or not , he was good, I haven''t noticed his arrogance in his managerial roles in fact he is quite modest.

Roeder''s ( and Grant''s) arrogance was only because he mistakingly thought he was good when in fact the opposite was true.

If he has got an arrogant streak similar to Roeder then fair enough.

Of course leaders must have confidence and that can be misconstrued as a nasty form of arrogance, but i understand he has been well thought of, certainly at his first two clubs. If that is found to be the case than I would welcome him and it would certainly dispel the Little Norwich image with the national media.

If we had a ''normal'' board of directors I would be happy for them to carry out the investigations and come to a correct decision. However they seem to be transfixed into appointing someone with a Norfolk connection.

I just want us to select a professional man who earns respect and most importantly is a winner. That way sees progress.

Employing someone with yellow and green blood without the above qualifications means the continual downward spiral I fear.

Of course is we could find a change of board formation that would be the greatest step of all.

I don''t hate Ince, far from it. I do however think he could struggle at Norwich. You have to remember that at MK Dons there was a certain rich businessman in charge supplying the cash.

No, I don''t think there''s distinct hatred for the guy, he obviously has a talent as a manager having done so well at Macclesfield and MK Dons, but really jumped too high to Blackburn. As it has already been suggested, he can be known to be a bit cocky and arrogant, but I suppose that''s character for you, something that Mr Roeder certainly lacked (in a positive sense, anyway!).He wouldn''t be my first choice at all, but if he were to come in, I''d back him.

[quote user="hellococker"]Jose Mourinho was arrogant.
[/quote]

Jose Mourinho also won the Uefa Cup, European Cup, Premier League, FA Cup and numerous other prizes, neitheir Glenn Roeder or Paul Ince have gotten anywhere near that level so I think Jose Mourinho is well within is rights to point that out...

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

[quote user="hellococker"]Jose Mourinho was arrogant.[/quote]

Jose Mourinho also won the Uefa Cup, European Cup, Premier League, FA Cup and numerous other prizes, neitheir Glenn Roeder or Paul Ince have gotten anywhere near that level so I think Jose Mourinho is well within is rights to point that out...

[/quote]People say they don''t want Ince because he''s arrogant, I''m just pointing out that a highly successful manager is very arrogant. And he didn''t suddenly aquire this arrogance once he''d won something.

To be fair, Jose Mourinho is a totally different kind of arrogant (and like has been said, has the trophies to back it up), he actually gets on with his players, whereas Roedent just thinks he is aboth everyone and treats his players like something he''s trodden in.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[quote user="JTG"]He is the black Glenn Roeder.[/quote]

Why bring his colour into the debate, is it important ?

[/quote]Why try and purposefully FIND a racist comment, where there isn''t one?

Because he''s franchise scum.  What the FA did to Wimbledon was probably the worst thing they''ve ever done, and sounded the deathbell for football far more than Man Citys £100mill bid for Kaka ever could.  Anyone who can associated themselves with that club, and worse yet actually win them promotion, should be shunned by the entire footballing community.

There''s also the opinion that under Mourinho the players tolerance to his arrogance might just have been helped by the knowledge that leaving Chelsea would have involved taking a substantial pay cut.TBH though I always got the impression that although Mourinho could come across as arrogant he predominantly appeared a well balanced chap  with a sense of team spirit and humour.

Personally it wouldn''t be potential arrogance that puts me off Ince, it''s the fact that his coaching background leaves a lot to be desired, with comments coming from Blackburn players and staff about archaic training routines and a total lack of understanding at times from a tactical perspective.What''s more, he had money to spend at Blackburn and bought crap like Andrews and Bunn...

[quote user=" Rebuild the Titanic"]Because he would be Rodent mark 2. He has an arrogant streak in him. There is a difference between confidence and arrogance.[/quote]He was also a very niggly player both for club and country. He could be a combination of Grant''s inexperience and Roeder''s bad attitude. What experince has he got of playing for or managing, impoverished clubs out in the sticks? Given all the comments coming out of Carrow Rd I cannot believe they would risk it - though I''m sure they will interview him if he has applied. I''m equally certain he''d interview very well though.

[quote user="Jez"]Because he''s franchise scum.  What the FA did to Wimbledon was probably the worst thing they''ve ever done, and sounded the deathbell for football far more than Man Citys £100mill bid for Kaka ever could.  Anyone who can associated themselves with that club, and worse yet actually win them promotion, should be shunned by the entire footballing community.
[/quote]

What? Do you really believe that anymore? It was such a bad thing for football that it hasn''t happened since. Wimbledon were dead and burried where they were. The criminals of the piece were the council that wouldn''t let them use the dog track as their ground. They were homeless for ages. From what you are saying, they shouldn have been left to go to the wall should they?

MK Dons have done better than anyone thought. They have built a fanbase in the face of some serious opposition. I just can''t see why people are bothered anymore.

Disliking Ince for working there is like disliking someone who works for Tesco''s because they are the number one cause of small businesses diminishing.

Get over it![:|]

[quote user="Jez"]Because he''s franchise scum.  What the FA did to Wimbledon was probably the worst thing they''ve ever done, and sounded the deathbell for football far more than Man Citys £100mill bid for Kaka ever could.  Anyone who can associated themselves with that club, and worse yet actually win them promotion, should be shunned by the entire footballing community.[/quote]

Precisely. Everyone seems to have forgotten....

"What? Do you really believe that anymore? It was such a bad thing for football that it hasn''t happened since. Wimbledon were dead and burried where they were. The criminals of the piece were the council that wouldn''t let them use the dog track as their ground. They were homeless for ages. From what you are saying, they shouldn have been left to go to the wall should they?

MK Dons have done better than anyone thought. They have built a fanbase in the face of some serious opposition. I just can''t see why people are bothered anymore.

Disliking Ince for working there is like disliking someone who works for Tesco''s because they are the number one cause of small businesses diminishing.

Get over it!"

Pathetic. It may not have affected you, but there''s a good few thousand in London who might just disagree.

It may not have happened since but it can, Most of the big London teams have been hinting at moving to different parts of London for a start.

If Milton Keynes wanted a football team, they should have started at the bottom of the pyramid like everybody else. The decision by the FA effectively meant that you could buy a place in the football league.

Not only did it affect thousands of Wimbledon fans, but fans of every club in the lower levels of the football league and non-league. As without moving to MK, Wimbledon would have got very different results, and relegations and promotions of other teams would have been effected.

In an age where ALL we have to identify with our clubs is location, the whole MK thing makes me sick, as do "fans" like you who seem to imply the lower leagues don''t matter.

How would you feel if some moron takes over from Delia, sells the ground, and in ten years time, NCFC tries to move to say Cambridge?

I agree that the MK Dons model is horrendous and pretty sums up everything that is wrong with modern professional football - I look forward to the day when AFC Wimbledon face Franchise FC in the same league, if it happens it will be a great demonstaration of what sport should be about.

I dont think its reasonable, however, to slate everyone who has played, managed or been associated with MK Dons and say we wouldn''t want them at our club... what if we sign a striker from them who could get us 20 goals a season?  You''re going to turn that down?  I don''t think so...

Everyone seems to have forgotten that the Norwich job wasn''t good enough for him when he was linked to the post after Grant''s sacking. He almost laughed when asked whether he''d be interested.

Now he''s sat on his P45, he suddenly wants the job? No fucking thanks. We want someone who is actually committed and values the club, not some prick who sees it as a chance to advertise himself to Premier League clubs again. Ince can fuck off, he''s below Rioch on my Most Wanted Norwich manager list.

I will give you better reasons than arrogance because if you look at the top managers they are all arrogant appart from Martin O''Neil and then he is sly! You have to remember how arrogant Fergusson is and I think it shows with Ince.Ince has managed at a lower level with success but as of yet has failed to show that his management skills are up to a higher level. He needs to work his way up. His appointmend at Blackburn was partly because of a rediculous publicity train. He had done well for Macclesfield and MK Dons but there are plenty of other managers who have achieved similar goals and yet not made the leap up to Premiership. It was because of his pedigree as a player that he got that position - not nessisarily for his achievements in the short time he has been a manager. To me he is as yet unproven. He could be the next Branflake Robson or he could be the next Bobby Robson, at the moment I am undecided but its leaning more towards the branflake.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[quote user="JTG"]He is the black Glenn Roeder.
[/quote]

Why bring his colour into the debate, is it important ?

[/quote]

Why try and purposefully FIND a racist comment, where there isn''t one?
[/quote]

Ever complained about Ginger Pele, skin or hair colour its just a trait - its only Race if you want to make it so