Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Aviva - Good Sponsor?

Ipswich Town - Got strillions of pounds written off.

Norwich City - Get some bloke in a ''lemur'' oufit and £10 so they can put the name of their (non) local company on it.

So who has got the best deal here?

and they closed Pinebanks too.

Aviva seem to have their name plastered in front of everything at the club. Competitions, mascots, the city stand. Plus their logo on the shirt is big and horrible. I hate Aviva.

The Aviva Lemur is worse than Splat the Cat the Tw*t. While i''m on the subject, what relevance does Splat the Cat actually have to Norwich? I mean, Captain Canary is obvious and Aviva Lemur because of the sponsor, but what the hell is the cat for?

Splat the cat is Norwich and Peterborough building society''s mascott, after all, there is a whole stand named after them... We could even have Jarrold the Jaguar and Barclay the Bison if we''re gonna go down that route....

I personally would like to see Barclay the Brontosaurus, a 40-foot long mascot operated by 12 people which blocks the views of some 500 away supporters.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]I personally would like to see Barclay the Brontosaurus, a 40-foot long mascot operated by 12 people which blocks the views of some 500 away supporters.
[/quote]

Cheers, m''dears, that put a smile on my face.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"]

Norwich City - Get some bloke in a ''lemur'' oufit and £10 so they can put the name of their (non) local company on it.

[/quote]

They only sponser us because they wanted to butter up Norwich people about changing the name from Norwich Union. I refused to buy the shirt on that principle! It will be like Rowentrees when Nestle bought it and then skipped off leaving us. Mark my words, Aviva will all be in India in 10 years!

[quote user="Matt"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

They only sponser us because they wanted to butter up Norwich people about changing the name from Norwich Union. I refused to buy the shirt on that principle! It will be like Rowentrees when Nestle bought it and then skipped off leaving us. Mark my words, Aviva will all be in India in 10 years!

[/quote]

Or China...

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Matt"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or China...

[/quote]

Lol! That''s also likely!

[quote user="Matt"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t get me going about the Rowntrees/Nestle debacle. Many people outside Norfolk only associated Rowntrees with York but they (originally Mackintosh and before that Caley''s) had a huge presence in Norwich and most of us folk were very proud to have a city centre that smelt of chocolate. I don''t even think that the Chapelfield site was losing money but the closed it anyway. Sods. If only Cadbury or Colemans had bought them!!

I spoke to someone about 6 months ago about Norwich Union jobs going to India, he was quite high up at NorwichUnion. He said that after all the costs had been accounted for, it was no cheaper to have them based in India than in Norwich but they wouldn''t go back on the decision to save face. Marvellos.

[quote user="Matt"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="Matt"][quote user="1st Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Or China...

[/quote]

Lol! That''s also likely!

[/quote]

Don''t get me started. I was once told by an Indian from an outsourcing company that the reason they were taking our jobs was that they were "better educated, better trained and more efficient". I waved my monthly payslip under his nose (equivalant to more than a years wages for him) to show him the real reason why they were taking our jobs.

It’s worth bearing in mind that since becoming our main sponsor, Aviva have:

- Signed up to a three year sponsorship deal worth a ‘seven figure sum’ in what looks like the start of a recession.

- Handed out 10k free scarves to home fans at the first home game of the season. Handed out 250 free food and drink vouchers at Carrow Road before the Charlton FA Cup game.

- Agreed to relinquish shirt sponsorship for one game in the process helping to raise over £20k for the Benjamin Foundation.

- Agreed to remove the Aviva logo for the 59ers shirt for the FA Cup.

- Plus all the other stuff they’ve taken an active role in like the Canaries for the Community, Ability Counts and Footy Finance initiatives.

Not earth shattering I admit, but I can’t imagine FlyBe or The Digital Phone Company did as much.

[quote user="drinks"]

- Signed up to a three year sponsorship deal worth a ‘seven figure sum’ in what looks like the start of a recession.

- Handed out 10k free scarves to home fans at the first home game of the season. Handed out 250 free food and drink vouchers at Carrow Road before the Charlton FA Cup game.

- Agreed to relinquish shirt sponsorship for one game in the process helping to raise over £20k for the Benjamin Foundation.

- Plus all the other stuff they’ve taken an active role in like the Canaries for the Community, Ability Counts and Footy Finance initiatives.

Not earth shattering I admit, but I can’t imagine FlyBe or The Digital Phone Company did as much.

[/quote]

So how does that compare with the Strillions of pounds they have let Ipswich off ?

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="drinks"]

[/quote]

So how does that compare with the Strillions of pounds they have let Ipswich off ?

[/quote]

If you mean the reported writing off of £20 million owed by Ipswich Town to Aviva, then it doesn''t compare. The decision by Morely Fund Management (part of Aviva) to invest in a football club (especially Ipswich) was a kick in the teeth for us Norwich fans.

But this thread was about whether Aviva are a good sponsor, which I think they have been to date, in terms of the stuff they have instigated and I listed in my previous post.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]I personally would like to see Barclay the Brontosaurus, a 40-foot long mascot operated by 12 people which blocks the views of some 500 away supporters.
[/quote]

Haha quality!

[quote user="drinks"][quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="drinks"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you mean the reported writing off of £20 million owed by Ipswich Town to Aviva, then it doesn''t compare. The decision by Morely Fund Management (part of Aviva) to invest in a football club (especially Ipswich) was a kick in the teeth for us Norwich fans.

But this thread was about whether Aviva are a good sponsor, which I think they have been to date, in terms of the stuff they have instigated and I listed in my previous post.

[/quote]

I think they''re company stinks and it is dirty cash! No praise from me!!!

If we were looking for a sponsor today in the current economic climate we would not get one that have contributed as much as Aviva.

However, The Morley arm of the business "letting off" Ipswich and closing Pinebanks were poor moves