Sign in to follow this  
lobstercatcher2

Jamie cureton......

All we want from him is goals....yes

what did he do today...he scored!

why the hell can anyone moan!

I don''t care what anyone says,jamie has had 10 starts this season and scored 3 goals.At that rate he would finish a full season with 12-14 goals.In a side battling relegation thats quite a good return.So get off his back and be pleased there''s someone out there who will sweat blood for norwich,unlike a certain italian who only seems interested in his own glory

Only God knows why Glenn couldn''t be the bigger man for the sake of the Club, and have Jamie playing regularly. We all know his capabilites as a player and today justified that - couldn''t be happier for the lad.

[quote user="we are rubbish"]

I don''t care what anyone says,jamie has had 10 starts this season and scored 3 goals.At that rate he would finish a full season with 12-14 goals.In a side battling relegation thats quite a good return.So get off his back and be pleased there''s someone out there who will sweat blood for norwich,unlike a certain italian who only seems interested in his own glory

[/quote]

I think the thing is, if Jamie was scoring you between 20 and 30 league goals that''d be fine. You could live with the fact he does nothing else on the pitch. Unfortunately, it really does need to be that many because any less and he doesn''t give you enough in other areas and we struggle. Which was there for all to see last season.

You said it yourself, in a side battling relegation 12-14 goals is a good return. But ideally we''d prefer not to be battling relegation in which case Jamie needs to hit more like 20 league goals (minimum) over the course of a full season.

And if he can''t do that then we need someone else. Or at least someone who can bring things other than goals to the team.

Obviously your last point about how he sweats blood for Norwich is completely ridiculous. He never works that hard, he''s not that type of player.

I think thats really unfair

I thought he was ok today worked hard and took his chance when it came

I doubt there would be many players that could have scored 14 in the team last season and if we had a decent target man to play alongside him and give him a chance im sure he will do ok.he''s not realy had a chance yet this season

How about we just thank God we have Cureton AND Lupoli available for us? And thank Gunn we have someone running the club for now who lets the players play to their strengths instead of trying to reel them in.  I am referring to Hoolahan, who had apparently been hand cuffed by Roeder.  He played his game today, and did one heck of a job.  Why not play to the strengths of the players we have instead of trying to re-shape them into something else?

If Roeder wants Lupoli to do something he is not good at, then he will be a disappointment. Roeder should have brought in players who fit his style, not tried to make them something they are not.

If Gunn is sensible enough to build on what we have instead of fiddling with it for no logical reason, then he will keep us up.  Let''s see what he does with the line up on Tuesday.  The team is brimming with confidence right now, so he should not make significant changes to the line up, and he should let the players know they were great yesterday.  The only obvious change that needs to be made is building them up for the 1st half so they can start the game expecting to dominate.  That this did not happen is understandable, considering the recent history of the team.  A good leader will let them know they did everything and then some in the 2nd half, and should start Tuesday''s game with the same approach, full of confidence and vim.

Hell, start Lupoli and Cureton, get some midfield support to come up when needed, and let Russel play midfield and drop Fotheringham.  If it doesn''t work, make changes.  Just don''t be so stubborn to stick with a failing recipe until it is too late. 

There has been criticism of our 1st half today, but we DID take a bunch of shots as opposed to when we played Charlton.  Though none went in, it did let them know we meant business. 

[/quote]

Agree, spoke to Curo a few times and he was absolutely one hearted to Norwich City and deserved a chance to save us from relegation

XXL16, you''re writing from Hong Kong????  Very impressive!

If nothing else about Cureton, it is a huge factor that he is a "dyed in the wool" Canary.  If nothing else, we need that sort of player and manager to save us from disaster. 

I''ve got to admit its nice to have a player here who loves the club. Hopefully this is the start of good things from "Jamie Lad".

Still has more to do to really convince me he''ll be a real asset but I have no complaints about yesterday so far. Keep it up Jamie.

[/quote]Hmmm.... I want goals and work rate.  Too often if Cureton doesn''t score, you may as well have played with ten men as he adds nothing else.Yesterday he was fired up and ran people down, chased lost causes (hence he created a goal for himself) and looked half-decent.  More of the same please Jamie, though I thought his hero''s reception was faintly ludicrous.  Let''s not forget that he''s scored one goal for Norwich in 590 minutes of football this season, and the phrase "good players don''t become bad players overnight" works both ways.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

How about we just thank God we have Cureton AND Lupoli available for us? [/quote]

Agree with that.  Lupoli has been a bit unlucky but really it would have been madness not to play Cureton yesterday.  The combination of playing against his ''old'' club, the chance to prove a point to Roeder, and with the crowd on his side were good enough reasons to pick him.  It was always going to be a different sort of atmosphere yesterday and the psychological factor of playing Jamie was too big an opportunity to miss.

If it turns out to be a one-off performance then Loops will get his chance again (if he is still here).  I''m not sure you can play both of them together though.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="we are rubbish"]

[/quote]Hmmm.... I want goals and work rate.  Too often if Cureton doesn''t score, you may as well have played with ten men as he adds nothing else.Yesterday he was fired up and ran people down, chased lost causes (hence he created a goal for himself) and looked half-decent.  More of the same please Jamie, though I thought his hero''s reception was faintly ludicrous.  Let''s not forget that he''s scored one goal for Norwich in 590 minutes of football this season, and the phrase "good players don''t become bad players overnight" works both ways.

[/quote]I agree totally. You can get away with little work rate if you can find the net on an extremely regular basis (Earnshaw springs to mind). Remains to be seen if he can cut it longer-term, but I''m not holding my breath.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Houston, yes XXL is from Hong Kong, he usually comes over to watch NCFC every year in October, a more dedicated fan would be hard to find![/quote]Especially as that means in the last 3 years he''s had> Worthy''s last days> Grant''s last days> Roeder - the beginning of the end

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

In the style of Facebook:

Wiz has smug smile today![:P]

[/quote]He played well yesterday - long may it continue.Doc was also good yesterday...[;)]

Jamie was excellent yesterday i thought, i think it says more about Roeder than it does about jamie for the way he played earlier in the season.. perhaps we were too quick to write him off... i''d like to think so.. welcome back Jamie! :)

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Jamie was excellent yesterday i thought, i think it says more about Roeder than it does about jamie for the way he played earlier in the season.. perhaps we were too quick to write him off... i''d like to think so.. welcome back Jamie! :)

[/quote]

Err? please don''t include me in the ''we'' bracket jas...............I''ve never doubted Jamie...............and I never will!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Err? please don''t include me in the ''we'' bracket jas...............I''ve never doubted Jamie...............and I never will!

[/quote]Just checking... any slight shift in your anti-Doc attitude?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just checking... any slight shift in your anti-Doc attitude?
[/quote]

By all accounts he played well Mr C, but the ''hugging'' still continues doesnt it?[;)]

Cureton is past his best and i have never rated him to be honest, yesterday he didn''t exactly set the world on fire with his performance imo, i''ll give it to him he ran and ran and he took his goal well but he just looks like a league 1 player to me, he never looked like he was bothering the centre backs untill his goal and sometimes he was just not alert enough, as i say fair play to him for the goal and the bloke loves the club but for me his best days have gone. 

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Just checking... any slight shift in your anti-Doc attitude?[/quote]

By all accounts he played well Mr C, but the ''hugging'' still continues doesnt it?[;)]

[/quote]It''s good for morale.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Cureton is past his best and i have never rated him to be honest, yesterday he didn''t exactly set the world on fire with his performance imo, i''ll give it to him he ran and ran and he took his goal well but he just looks like a league 1 player to me, he never looked like he was bothering the centre backs untill his goal and sometimes he was just not alert enough, as i say fair play to him for the goal and the bloke loves the club but for me his best days have gone. [/quote]

Sorry Phat, but sometimes you need to excerise a little graciousness (is that a word?) in you posts, sorry.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="PhatCanary"]Cureton is past his best and i have never rated him to be honest, yesterday he didn''t exactly set the world on fire with his performance imo, i''ll give it to him he ran and ran and he took his goal well but he just looks like a league 1 player to me, he never looked like he was bothering the centre backs untill his goal and sometimes he was just not alert enough, as i say fair play to him for the goal and the bloke loves the club but for me his best days have gone. [/quote]

Sorry Phat, but sometimes you need to excerise a little graciousness (is that a word?) in you posts, sorry.

[/quote]

Huh,! just my opinion Wiz, i know you love Jamie lad!!

I''m undecided on Curo to be honest. He has got a great finish on him, but all too often he misses the target when you''d expect him to score. Yes he scored yesterday and I''m chuffed for him, but let''s not forget that it was a defensive mix-up that allowed him in. That''s not to detract from what was a very good finish, it''s just that I''m not sure how many other chances he will get like that. He obviously cares about the club and in times like these, maybe that is of greater importance than we realise. Btw quick word for Darel Russell, who I thought did excellent yesterday.

[quote user="PhatCanary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Huh,! just my opinion Wiz, i know you love Jamie lad!!

[/quote]

Shhh Phat , other posters might realise this.[:D]

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="we are rubbish"]

[/quote]

I think the thing is, if Jamie was scoring you between 20 and 30 league goals that''d be fine. You could live with the fact he does nothing else on the pitch. Unfortunately, it really does need to be that many because any less and he doesn''t give you enough in other areas and we struggle. Which was there for all to see last season.

You said it yourself, in a side battling relegation 12-14 goals is a good return. But ideally we''d prefer not to be battling relegation in which case Jamie needs to hit more like 20 league goals (minimum) over the course of a full season.

And if he can''t do that then we need someone else. Or at least someone who can bring things other than goals to the team.

Obviously your last point about how he sweats blood for Norwich is completely ridiculous. He never works that hard, he''s not that type of player.

[/quote]I think Jamie works as hard as many of the others. What you are saying is that he doesn''t look as lively as someone like Lupoli but then Jamie hasn''t got that pace - so it''s not his game.What I find supprising is that if you are going to criticise players for scoring so few goals then look back a few years and consider Iwan Roberts. A club legend who became a tallisman for us averaged something like 14/15 goals a season.Yesterday we used the width much better, we put more crosses in and more varying crosses at that. They werent always in the air, or to the back post etc. In effect we mixed it up well and had them on the ropes for 3/4 of the game.In those types of game Cureton thrives. You know he may not have the pace to pull defences all over the place but what you do no is that he can be quiet for 89mins of a game and have one moment of brilliance and score a goal. His goal yesterday was self made out of nothing, he pressured a poor ball and forced a mistake out of two players. Some strikers would not have even been bothered to pressurise the ball in that situation. That and the touch to nick it and score was incredibly skillful.

I can''t believe people can be moaning about a lad who has scored.I don''t seem to remember lita setting the world on fire with his all round ability and he is mean''t to be worth £2 million+.Jamie is our own player he will still be here next year and if he doe''s nothing all game yet still scores i won''t give a monkey''s about his all round play.Lets get real anyone who can find anything to moan about yesterday should hold their heads in shame.After the last 3 or 4 home games yesterday was the biggest step forward we have made in 3 years.It shows we have players at the club that we actually own who are good enough to get us out of roeders mess and maybe give us a mid table finish.