Sign in to follow this  
norwichmagpie

Aage Hareide?

Sorry to intrude, but my guesses from a distance are:Gunny plus one or two others from existing staff to be in charge for SaturdayNorwich won''t appoint a manager who is currently employed as they probably cannot afford to pay compensation (which would rule out the likes of Robins - who from my knowledge of League 2 would do you a good job. Also would make it difficult to get Malky from Watford as say a No.2)But Boothroyd, like Mister Chops, would be my betAppointment to be made by January 27th so there is a bit of time to shop in the January Window but appointment will be initially on a short-term contract only to the end of the season. i.e. specific job to prevent relegation.And how about Aage Hareide as an outside bet. Norwegian Press apparently linking him to the Norwich job. (Though that might be their job to do so!).I''ll go back to my nest now but good luck with whoever you appoint.

Having tried 2 managers without proven Championship level success, I''d hope that they wouldn''t try and appoint a third.Boothroys has to be the best option as far as I can see.

Well, ok Hareide didn''t do a very good job managing the Norwegian National Team. But managing a national team and a club is to different cases. I really believe Hareide could get a grip a do a good job as Norwich manager.He has won the national championship in every club he has been in.....Rosenborg(Norway), FC Copenhagen(Denmark) and Helsingborg(Sweden). He will not be very expensive, he feels that a Norwich job s very interesting and most of all he knows how to work together with the players to create a good team.I honestly think he is by far the best option as manager. He might be over qualified for the job, having success in the european cups and all....but he have the right feelings and wants to turn Norwich around!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Like boothroyd,  and also Hareide is an interesting option.

[/quote]

so if Boothroyd is so good, why did he get the sack from Watford then?

Was it because the best players were sold and then he wasn''t supported with funds to replace them, leaving his team spiralling down the table?

Well, he should do alright for us then

How about Hareide in as the experienced head alongside the younger Boothroyd, with Malky as coach. Think there could be something in this. 

Now that would be good, but I cant see Boothroyd dropping down to be a No.2 again.

He also won the norwegian cup and got 2nd place twice, and 3. place once with Molde. who he also got promoted to tippeligaen, the top norwegian league.

[quote user="DannyRock"]Well, ok Hareide didn''t do a very good job managing the Norwegian National Team. But managing a national team and a club is to different cases.

I really believe Hareide could get a grip a do a good job as Norwich manager.

He has won the national championship in every club he has been in.....Rosenborg(Norway), FC Copenhagen(Denmark) and Helsingborg(Sweden).
He will not be very expensive, he feels that a Norwich job s very interesting and most of all he knows how to work together with the players to create a good team.

I honestly think he is by far the best option as manager. He might be over qualified for the job, having success in the european cups and all....but he have the right feelings and wants to turn Norwich around!

[/quote]

And he has a fantastic knowledge of the scandinavian player market which has historically been a hot bed of cheap talent.  My choice...

This chaps in the betting now! Stange.

I quite fancy someone that isnt the obvious, easy or cheap choice!!

Plaently of class cheap players in scandanavia too!

The Pink Un newspaper quotes Hareide as being interested and as still having friends in Norwich. The odds being quoted elsewhere on this message board don''t include Hareide though. Not even e.g. 60/1 bar.Anyone know any more?By the way, still convinced the appointment will be made before the Tuesday night game on 27th but still think it will be a short term appointment to the end of the season and it will be from a list of unemployed managers, rather than pay compensation. (Malky might be cheaper to prize away as a number two though).Ince isn''t fully qualified as a coach.

I think this guy would be the ideal pick if we couldn''t land Darren Ferguson, don''t see what makes Boothroyd such a good prospect myself.

I want Hareide he is my first choice as he has played for us before and has won the league with 3 different teams in scandanavia and could get us some bargains from scandanavia

Winning at any level becomes a habit. His track record stands comparison with most of the other candidates. He "gets" Norwich and he wants the job.

I think Hareide could be good, and his record is excellent, but coming from abroad into the bearpit of the Championship isn''t an easy step to take. Look at Jan Poortvliet, for example: according to Wikipedia, "As a manager Poortvliet has won six titles at various levels and has a

good record of succeeding with little or no money to spend." However, look where Southampton are now. It could go either way with Hareide - the footballing landscape has changed immeasurably since his playing days at City, and in a worst-case scenario we could end up with another batch of Dervelds, De Waards and Anselins. It''d be a massive gamble, and I think we''d be better off playing safe and appointing Aidy, who knows the club''s infrastructure very well and has worked with many of the players before.