Sign in to follow this  
el chorizo!!!

Fortune Cookies

have just read that quentin fortune may go to charlton on loan. would be perfect for us don´t u think? would be a certain starter for us and therefore we might have an edge over charlton! what about sinclair from man city - for me he´s always had a fantastic cross on him and think he´d be available on the cheap! well cheaper than others anyway. thoughts?

Think we have to be careful with the loan situ. As were only allowed two at any one time, and with one space already taken up for the whole season, we need to be careful who we bring in and in which position they play

yeah, but y wait until jan when everyone is scratching around for a player to salvage their season and strike now. we can still sign people full time in the transfer window. if the players good enough then go for it i say!

I''m with you on this one el chorizo! I think Worthy should bite the bullet, we can''t have more than two loan players at one time but that doesn''t stop us getting a 3 month loan with the option to extend it (a la Pennant last year). I''ve mentioned it elsewhere but this would leave options open for january, remember it''s a long 5 months of prem before the january window.

i dont think he should
what happens if we hit an injury crisis?

If we get an injury crisis in august/september we will be screwed until january and if we get an injury crisis after the jan window we''ll be totally stuffed!

I don''t think that waiting 5 months for the January transfer window in case we have a crisis at that time is necessarily wise especially with our defenders and right sided midfielders not to mention big strikers looking decidedly thin on the ground at the moment. I think the best way to avoid an injury crisis is by getting adequate depth in our squad right now be it through loans or transfers.

We have to hit the ground running and be at full strength come august 14th to stand a good chance of staying up. Lets not sacrifice strength from a potentially quality loan now just as a precaution for the future.

Svensson, Drury, Brennan, Mackenzie - all left-footed.

McVeigh, Huckerby, Hendo and even Helveg can all play left mid.

I don''t think we need Quinton Fortune.

I''d love to see Trevor Sinclair here, but I fear transfer fee, and wages would get in the way. But you never know he might want to be close to London, surely a factor in Leon''s arrival here. We can but dream....