Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

double edged sword?

great win 4-0 as i type this

but surely this enchance gunn''s chances to become next manager

surely this would be great mistake by the norwich heirachy?

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]Why ?Do you know how long gunny has been in and around the game.we could do worse.

Now explain why it would be a great mistake? The bloke is Norwich through and through and in my opinion the club needs someone in charge who will bleed yellow and green for the cause. Fair enough he''s got virtually no experience but if he can motivate the players then he''s a good a shout as anybody...

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Ha Ha - as if they never made any mistakes previously. Hopefully Gunny will win his way into the job and the board won''t have a chance to appoint some loser through their amazing selection process.

I don''t think Gunn wants it.He''s not stupid and will know that if he fails as the manager then it would be difficult for him to be part of the club - I think he would prefer to be part of the club and be a part of what goes on but not in such an un-giving position.

Anyone who doesn''t sh!t all over the players even when they do well will be an improvement over the last 2 managers.  Ya gotta know when to praise and when to criticize, but Grant and Roeder always found reason to criticize. Today, the players deserve nothing but praise. With that coming at them, they will want to do as well in the next game.  If they are attacked for whatever stupid reason, they will go into the next game thinking they need to do something different because they obvisouly weren''t good enough last time. 

Remember when Cureton scored his hattrick last year, and the manager chose to criticize him after the game? Look how well that panned out for him and the team.

Would YOU need motivating? Wouldn''t £5k a week be enough? A speech by Churchill? Some heavy rock?

A famous Pittsburgh Steelers Coach once said that if he ever needed to motivate a player he''d terminate their contract. Sounds a good philosophy.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]Go and watch Wolves and get a life.

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]

Just what in the hell has it got to do with you anyway?

I''m inclined to agree with w8w on this one. Gunny''s done us,and himself proud after this week but we cannot let our hearts rule over our heads. Niall Quinn was a classic case at sunderland and I''d hate it for gunny if it didn''t work out, which ultimatly always happens with Managers unless they go on to bigger things in which case our club would lose a great servant. Its time we made sure we are 110 percent certain our next man can sort this club out.

Well done Gunny, at least we know we can turn to you in the future.[Y]

Yes absolutely great result...but lets not get carried away, Gunny has no managerial experience and would be the wrong appointment at this time....Maybe get him in as assistant, depening on who the manager will be obviously. It''s to big a risk!Massive result today though....and you can\t take away the fact that gunnys team talk has obviously got the boys fired up for the game. Everybody deserves praise for today!!!

i have to agree with w8wba, but i do think that he should at least become part of the coachin staff, and work under the new manager! this shows he does have motivational skills and could see him working well with a new manager whether it be aidy or someone else

would you guys be happy with gunn fulltime?

would you find it hard to sack him if it did go pearshaped? and prefer him just to stay a player legend

look at some of the other legends , steve bruce.

i would give him a chance , we had our biggest win of the season with him in charge purely as the players wanted to play under him, he knows the club inside out.

head of recruitment , and been here when norwich were a top team , hes seen alot since hes been here , he must have learnt something about the club,and well liked.

half the battle of management is getting the best out of players , isd say he made a good start,and hes friends with sir alex so he can borrow some of his hot prospects!!!