Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahans Ped

Gunny as assistant

How about it?

Did a great job saturday with motivating the players for the game. I don''t think he is the right man to manage Norwich City but maybe he would be a good assistant.

Who ever comes in I still think Gunny''s will still be involved with the team on a daily basis. 

If only to b oast their morale in one way or another

I watched Gunn on the touchline and he seemed to do little while he was there but he must of had some effect!

I think the biggest effect was the feel good factor with everyone pulling in the right direction thanks to the sackings last Wednesday which got rid of the bad vibes!

of course theres always a chance that any new manager might just say "enough is Enough Bryan" and remove him from the football club entirely.....

it has to be considered.. but id hate for it to happen.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

of course theres always a chance that any new manager might just say "enough is Enough Bryan" and remove him from the football club entirely.....

it has to be considered.. but id hate for it to happen.

jas :)

[/quote]I doubt the board would let it happen, they are more likely to move him back upstairs.  A manager in my opinion shouldnt be able to fire everyone, yes he needs his team, but no continuity and the cost must be crazy! 

I am not sure how much credit we should be giving Gunny for the result on Saturday.  He was not the liveliest on the touchline and it looks like his pre-match team talk consisted of reading out a text message.

Think the result was more down to a collective sigh of relief after Wednesday and the players wanting to give something back to the club.  That and the fact we managed to score the first goal and remind the team that we can actually play quite well.

I recall that Doncaster said on Radio Norfolk about someone who knows the area (Gunn) and the fans, working closely with the new manager. This meaning that the new manager doesn''t have to be from round here and doesn''t have to be a previous player. - Something like that anyway.