Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Classic Dickson Etuhu!

Anyone else see match of the day 2?I was shocked when I saw him back in the Fulham line up as I like Roy Hodgson and couldnt believe he was good enough and there it was classic Dickson, passes to the opposition, sloppy and gives away a goal!  Thats the guy I remember!

i couldn''t stop laughing when i saw that, that pass was so lazy and gave away possesion so cheaply, like you say classic dickson, although did have some good moments!

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Someone can''t add up!! Meant to put 30 at the end, but hit the wrong key! It''s not that I can''t do simple addition! Honest![/quote]

reaaaaaaaally? [:P]

that did make me laugh... although he did alright for uswas pretty happy with the £1.5m we got - not that it went to much use!!

Dickson Etuhu ? I thought he had a career threatening injury. Always thought at 6''2" and built like a brick ''outhouse'' he should & could have become a great midfielder but his head was never right.

He was awful for us. I still find it incredible people were complaining when we got 1.5m for him. A terrible player, and he didn''t put the effort in. The perfect example of who to boo if people really have to. How people could boo Hoosey and not Dickson I find incredible. At least Hoose put the effort in.

I watched the game with a West Ham supporting mate and mentioned how at Man City he was referred to as ''Dickson Where-Are You'' although he then had a purple patch in the game and I commented how that happened about once every 4 games whilst he played for us... he then gifted the ball to West Ham ''Ah, that''s the Dickson I remember!'' I said, West Ham then scored as a result - ''Yep that''s defintely the Dickson we had''!!

[quote user="Fuglestad"]He was awful for us. I still find it incredible people were complaining when we got 1.5m for him. [/quote]

I don''t think people were complaining about that, they (including Darren Huckerby) were complaining that the money wasn''t spent on improving the squad. 

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

[quote user="Fuglestad"]He was awful for us. I still find it incredible people were complaining when we got 1.5m for him. [/quote]

I don''t think people were complaining about that, they (including Darren Huckerby) were complaining that the money wasn''t spent on improving the squad. 

[/quote]

No, the biggest cause for complaint at the time was the fact that he had a release clause written into his contract.

I watched the whole game.  I didn''t notice anything different about him from when he was here.  No enthusiasm for the team.  Balls were going near him and he wasn''t even busting a gut to get them even though they were only a few yards wide of him.  Awful game yesterday.  Bullard didn''t play, which would suggest injury??  That may be why he was in

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Someone can''t add up!!

Meant to put 30 at the end, but hit the wrong key! It''s not that I can''t do simple addition! Honest![/quote]That''s because he goes missing altogether for the last ten . . . . .

He was an incredibly frustrating player for us.  Had his good days (Chelsea away) and had some shockers too.  Not the worst player ever to play for us, but the thought of Etuhu, Hughes and Robinson playing in the middle together still makes me shudder.

Should be a dominant powerhouse midfielder but it''s never quite happened.

Still, I guess the fact he''s been at a Premier League club last season and this season shows he can''t be as bad some would suggest.

I don''t think I''ll ever get over the fact the lazy oath had a clause inserted into his Norwich contract stating that he could leave if a club bid £1.5M for him and that a club actually thought he was worth that!

I''d of been happy with getting the money back that we paid for him!

He could do it when he felt like it EG, the Chelsea FA cup game for instance but 10 good games a year if your lucky isn''t good value for money!

I remember last season when he was at Sunderland, in the news of the world it had the player ratings for the match, he scored a 4 with "Roy Keane likes a big man in the middle of the field, shame this one''s rubbish" lol

[quote user="bradley11"]Cant be doing that bad or he wouldnt be playing in the premiership....
[/quote]

No, he''s a textbook example of how you can still become a top flight footballer in this country simply by being "big and strong" or having "a good engine", despite possessing the touch, skill and vision of a lobotomised mollusc.