Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

'Chattin to Lappin'

Lappin was sitting behind me at the Barnsley match and i said to him he should be out there and he just shrugged his shoulders and said ''i know''. It was obvious he thought he had a chance of at least making the bench but no, he was sitting behind me as usual! Come on Gunny, give him a chance, 10 minutes as a sub would be a start!

Left side of midfield, instead of Bell. Don''t think Hooly is as effective there, and he would provide us with a lot of stability. Get Drury behind him too, and we might see a solid left side for a change!

take bell out, he shouldn''t be playing on the left, as good as player he is, defenders know hes basically only got one foot, and he has to cut back inside to use it!

you never know creature, the new manager might take a liking to him! and decide to play players in the positions the belong

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]

[quote user="kaiman"]sorry, i meant shef uni canary! [*-)][/quote]

Thank you Zippy

[/quote]

lets not get personal! this is a PUBLIC message board! not sure everyone wants to read your petty and unfounded insults!

Disagree with this Hoolahan needs to play on left because that is where he wants to play.

Lappin should be at least on the bench.

Hooly and Lappin are our only left sided midfielders - i prefer Matty P in the middle when he''s on his game. It''s a total joke that Lappin never gets a chance out there. They are totally different players and there will be times when it''s better to play a more solid crosser like Lappin and there will be times when you want someone a bit tricky who can unlock a defence. But we all know Hooly can have his off days.

GIVE HIM A CHANCE - god knows the guy deserves it.

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]yeh true but the unfortunely unless we have a spate of injures in that position i don''t he will play for Norwich. Shame because i always thought he was a decent player[/quote]

Given  our threadbare squad, the term "rotation" may sound somewhat pretentious, but it is common practice elsewhere...

[quote user="The Walking Man"]

I''d have Lappin in the side just to take set pieces, we''ve been crying out for somebody who can take free kicks ever since Mulryne left...

[/quote]Quite right - there were a number of free kicks he would have done better with (eg Fotheringham''s high over the river end). Give him time - Remember Roeder refused to let him train with the first team.  I''m sure he''ll feature once he''s trained and caught up with the squad a bit. The Facebook page has 50 members now:http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=35493783674It''s his birthday on the 25th of this month - a sub''s role would be a nice present Gunny!

Hate to burst everyones bubble but perhaps the reason he can''t get into the squad is because hes sh!t,  No offence to the lad but personally I feel if he could offer anything to the team Gunn would have had him in the squad on Saturday. 

[quote user="Football 101"]Hate to burst everyones bubble but perhaps the reason he can''t get into the squad is because hes sh!t,  No offence to the lad but personally I feel if he could offer anything to the team Gunn would have had him in the squad on Saturday. 
[/quote]

Hark the herald angels sing! Finally- someone (other than me [:P]) is talking sense!

I seem to recall when Lappin was playing consistently under Grant that no-one rated him and along with Fozzie was the *crap scottish reserve players* that everyone (with exception) wanted rid of.

Lappin does deserve a chance , as does everyone - just dont make him out to be our answer to the left side of midfield

IMO D.H is the answer.....[:P]

[quote user="Football 101"]Hate to burst everyones bubble but perhaps the reason he can''t get into the squad is because hes sh!t,  No offence to the lad but personally I feel if he could offer anything to the team Gunn would have had him in the squad on Saturday.  [/quote]Baloney Mr 101. He played at international level for the U21s and U16s I think. No world beater perhaps but undeserving of such a term of abuse from anyone - and certainly not someone purporting to be a true Norwich supporter - if indeed you are. If you are, then maybe some Norwich supporters are sh*t too. Suggest you read some of the old Pink Un match reports on this site. Remember the 2-2 draw with Ipswich? That was his second last under Roeder:http://new.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2007-2008/matches/071104Ipswich.aspx

"It was Hartson’s determination that won

the corner from which City reduced the arrears after

54 minutes. Lappin’s inswinging kick was met by

the head of another loan player, debutant Martin Taylor,

and his header took another deflection off Garvan on

its way past Alexander.
....But with Chadwick and Cureton substituted, City lost

a little momentum in the final 15 minutes and a game

they should have won could still have been lost. Lappin headed off the line
from Walters after 77 minutes

and then Marshall denied Haynes when he diverted his

close-range effort on to the bar with his knee."

No superstar - but your abuse reflects more on you than the member of my club at which it is directed.And just a chance (CT) is all that most people are arguing for: no-one can argue that any player who hasn''t played for the side for over a year will be the answer to anything. - but he might at least prove useful. when we are faced with such a depleted squad. (What, heaven forbid, if we sustain two bad  midfield injuries next match?).  Roeder wouldn''t let let him train properly so it''s going to take a little while before he shows whether he''s a risk too far. But if Gunn is in charge for a game or two more, I for one will be disappointed if he isn''t given that chance. It was Gunn I think who was instrumentaal in getting the 2 Scottish lads in (+Fotheringham) and it''s just possible that Gunn doesn''t want to rush him until he''s satisfied he''ll do himself justice.

Lappin is only considered Crap on here because Glenn Roeder said he was.... bear in mind Fozzy gets in the team on a regular basis.. and Lappin is twice the player of him...

jas :)

its not like he is one of the best player for years, he is an average player in our squad.....its the point he has had NO oppurtunities except on the bench for 2 fa cup games with not a look in of getting on.

he wants to play for us and like i said previously when i spoke to him saturday he wanted to be out there whether on the bench or the pitch not in the stand!

There is no doubt in my mind that Lappin should be on the bench. He''s great cover for left wing or left back. Come to think of it, i would have him playing left back instead of Bertrand or Drury!

[quote user="colneycanary"]There is no doubt in my mind that Lappin should be on the bench. He''s great cover for left wing or left back. Come to think of it, i would have him playing left back instead of Bertrand or Drury![/quote]yeah but LB isn''t his postion and Bertrand certainly put in a great shift on Saturday. Lappin has been kicked where it hurts by Roeder after playing out of position. I really want to see  the lad play - but not with another handicap from the start,