Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

AUDIO: Bryan Gunn's first press conference

He introduces himself as "head of player recruitment" and is only "taking charge for the weekend" - Wright and Martin took the training yesterday & today.Gunny comes across quite well, clearly it''s a stand-in appointment only.On a tangent, what I find strange is that nobody at Board level has come out and said "Roeder wasn''t doing his job" - they have said his position is "untenable", and Mick Dennis is suggesting fan reaction forced him out.  I would be amazed if the board thought Roeder was doing a good job, but the whole situation is baffling to say the least.

To be fair Doncaster has said the board didn''t see any reason to think performances would improve so that suggests he wasn''t doing well.

Also to say untenable could mean two things:

1. too many supporters were against him

2. results haven''t been good enough and he had to be sacked

Therefore for me they have hinted he wasn''t doing a good job.

Doe''nt work for me - just says ''ready'' and when I press play, there appears to be no content.  [:(]

[quote user="Jim Kent"]To be fair Doncaster has said the board didn''t see any reason to think performances would improve so that suggests he wasn''t doing well.

Also to say untenable could mean two things:

1. too many supporters were against him

2. results haven''t been good enough and he had to be sacked

Therefore for me they have hinted he wasn''t doing a good job.[/quote]Yes, that''s reasonable.  I think the "untenable" reference was re: the fact he''d lost the fans'' faith and the players'' faith.  Something stronger than hinting may have helped their cause though.  I wonder what Roeder''s side of the story is - that should be an interesting interview.