Sign in to follow this  
Iwan is God

Help me defend Bryann please!

Right people, I would like your help in giving my mate a verbal slapping. He is a plastic Man Utd fan who likes to mock everything NCFC & takes great pleasure in all our losses even though he has lived in the Great Yarmouth area his entire life!

Last week when mocking the temporary position of Bryan Gunn I told him he’d be OK in the short term as he is well liked,  respected, has good man management skills (unlike Roeder) & has experience of playing at the highest level.

His reply was to mock my belief that Bryan has played at the highest level, even though he played in a top premiership team, played in the Uefa Cup (when it was still prestigious) & has represented his country of birth.

He believes he can’t have played at the highest level unless he has WON the league, WON FA Cup & played in the Champions League constantly for 5 seasons! Now I know I shouldn’t let it get to me as plastic fans are not even worthy of speaking to me about football, let alone winding me up about it, but, this has got to me… Especially as he is a legend & was part of our best ever & most successful squad. So can I have your replies please which I will take great pleasure in passing onto him?!!?

Ask him why he became a Utd fan in the first place. With him being "plastic" I presume he doesn''t come from Manchester. Then when you have established he is a glory hunter, just concentrate on that.

As Potless Percy says don''t even bother with Gunny question.

Jonesy, I know somebody similar and all I can say is that people like that are unlikely to change their mind.  The person I know in question lives in Norfolk and slags off Norwich at every opportunity.  He even boasted that he watched the Fulham 6-0 game in a City pub and was laughing out loud.  If any Canary fan did that in almost any other town, they would get a broken nose or worse.

Its really difficult, but try not to rise to it.  They may not shut up completely but if you keep ignoring them or changing the subject they may quieten down.  Good luck!

You stupid ******* glory hunting piece of **** have you ever been to Old Trafford you pathetic waste of space?

I like to ask these types of fan how many times they have seen their team play this year, if they say none then say how many times have you actually been to Old Trafford? If the response is less than ten or so just say well you aren''t really a fan, more a follower. Haha.

[quote user="JJ"]The person I know in question lives in Norfolk and slags off Norwich at every opportunity.  He even boasted that he watched the Fulham 6-0 game in a City pub and was laughing out loud.[/quote]You must be talking about smudger then! [;)]

tell him he''s a twunk.. ask him has he ever been to old Trafford? infact, has he ever seen his team play "in the flesh" rather than from on the sofa when andy Gray talks crap....

because you get to see your team regularly he doesnt.. in fact if he did go to old Trafford he''d be so out of touch with hiss lack of knowledge i doubt the genuine united fans would stand for him.... I''ve know someone whos 100% united fan, hets to about 20 games a season, home and away, even been to see them in europe on occasion.. he hates the "plastic" fans... as all genuine united fans do.. the usually get told what they can go and do if the turn up at old trafford.

jas :)

Just lump him! You shouldn''t get anything back in reply...

After years of thorough research and monitoring I''ve decided that the the only reason these supporters exist is because they''re pussies who failed to locate their backbone and support local sides in the first place!

arghhhh i hate those type of people! most of em have never been to old trafford and almost all of em have literally know clue about football in general. they always spout out loads of rubbish and really aren''t worth listening to! you can almost guarentee that if they ever dropped into the bottom half of the table at the end of the season, these glory hunting turds would change to another money grabbing team. i usually remind them that the last time we played em we beat them, and then switch off and walk away, now THAT pisses them off!

Just give the same replies I always give these people.1. Which insecurity from your childhood are you making up for by supporting Man U?2. No, you are not a football supporter, you are a football follower. The thing that really winds me up about these kind of people is that they try to justify their TV related support of a big team by claiming that at least they appreciate "good football". They then go on and say something like "Yeh, but surely you would love to see Ronaldo at Carrow Rd, just to see him play.." Er sure, as long at Matty P or Rusty took him out at the knees so to lessen the chances of the rag s**m beating us. Curiously they get really annoyed at this. So I follow it up by saying i''d rather watch Norwich win the championship than England win the World cup. That makes them really mad....