Sign in to follow this  
ncfclad

Aidy Boothroyd to be announced as manager tomorrow!

To be fair, has it actually been announced and confirmed about interviews tomorrow or are we dismissing rumours based its conflict with what is actually another rumour?I''m not saying I believe it - although the poster''s name rings a bell from the summer - I''m just not sure what''s true and what''s not any more?!? [:S]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I didn''t think they were starting the interviews until tomorrow [:|][/quote]That was probably a diversion, like the Worthy one might have been. They are perhaps going to pleasantly surprise us.

Don''t think that would surprise me one bit. He is a ''safe'' bet for the board although the thought of him as manager doesn''t massively excite me.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I didn''t think they were starting the interviews until tomorrow [:|][/quote]That was probably a diversion, like the Worthy one might have been. They are perhaps going to pleasantly surprise us.[/quote]

God I hope we get a pleasant suprise, we deserve that at the very least lol.

One of the guys who sits near to us in the barclay was speaking to Doomy before the match and he said interviews were starting in earnest Monday.

[quote user="SS"]Don''t think that would surprise me one bit. He is a ''safe'' bet for the board although the thought of him as manager doesn''t massively excite me.
[/quote]Just get a picture of Roeder in your mind and you will feel better.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]the poster''s name rings a bell from the summer[/quote]Now I remember... you spent the summer talking sh*te, didn''t you?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I didn''t think they were starting the interviews until tomorrow [:|][/quote]That was probably a diversion, like the Worthy one might have been. They are perhaps going to pleasantly surprise us.[/quote]

One of the guys who sits near to us in the barclay was speaking to Doomy before the match and he said interviews were starting in earnest Monday.

[/quote]It''s all good fun though, this subterfuge or whatever. Not much to laugh about before re;football.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="Evil Monkey"]the poster''s name rings a bell from the summer[/quote]
Now I remember... you spent the summer talking sh*te, didn''t you?
[/quote]Don''t say that, I was going to believe it all.

I did talk a bit of shit cus I was bored lol

but I also did tell you stuff that my source told me, which was true

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]It''s all good fun though, this subterfuge or whatever. Not much to laugh about before re;football.[/quote]

God aint that the truth, it was lovely walking back from the ground yesterday after actually winning at home, and long may that continue.

If we get a good manager and the players start playing for him as they did for Gunny and us yesterday then that will be a bonus IMHO.

After the game in theGunn club Gossy announced interviews were starting Monday and his old mate Gunny was in the hat, to which Croft replied we would be well happy with him as manager. 

Perhaps the call to Worthy was just a negotiating ploy to make it look as if Boothroyd would not be able to just simply walk into the job. Thus, the club did not look quite so desperate and could lower his salary expectations.   

Mumby and Doncaster both said on the radio yesterday that they had a shortlist of five and interviews would start as soon as possible etc...

[quote user="jimbob"]After the game in theGunn club Gossy announced interviews were starting Monday and his old mate Gunny was in the hat, to which Croft replied we would be well happy with him as manager. [/quote]

that should be a major factor is asking the players what they think cos don''t want another manager they wont play for.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]To be fair, has it actually been announced and confirmed about interviews tomorrow or are we dismissing rumours based its conflict with what is actually another rumour?

I''m not saying I believe it - although the poster''s name rings a bell from the summer - I''m just not sure what''s true and what''s not any more?!? [:S]
[/quote]

Yes it has. Roger Mumby said in his interview after the game that interviews would start on Monday for the short listed candidates

Doncaster said as much as well in the EDP on saturday although obviously he has been known to engage in a bit of smoke and mirrors before! A poster on the wrath also says that when he spoke to him before the game whenever anyone mentioned Boothroyd ND said he wasn''t sure Boothroyds teams played the type of football that would fit in at Norwich. make of that what you will!

Well given the crap played this season I don''t think the board are capable of judging are they? Boothroyd has taken a club on the verge of relegation and taken them up so has a track record at this level. That already puts him ahead of Grant and Roeder.

[quote user="jimbob"]After the game in theGunn club Gossy announced interviews were starting Monday and his old mate Gunny was in the hat, to which Croft replied we would be well happy with him as manager. [/quote]

Gunny may be in the hat but I don''t think he''s got much chance of getting the job tbh, I just don''t see the board taking a chance on an inexperienced person cos if they get it wrong this time they''ll get murdered. He could well be part of the coaching staff but I don''t see him getting the top job.

Unless he has changed his mind following your fine win, I don''t think Gunny wants to get involved full time.  I am sure he will be there whenever you need him but, fine keeper as he was, I think he wants to stay being a "legend" and hopefully will stay out of the Managerial race.

As well as being a very nice bloke he''s also quite smart we believe this end.

"He''s got no hair but we don''t care" shrewd?  We think so.

Assistant? May be.  Hot seat?

No.

Much smarter than the average bear than people give him credit for.

[quote user="Pieman"]From what I hear Boothroyd is NOT on the shortlist.[/quote]

Heard that myself. I''m not sure what to make of it, personally.

Our old friend ncfclad makes a comeback[:D] You keep telling us you were right about Wes but forget to mention the 60 other rumours you started but were wrong.[;)]

Nice to see you posting again...lol

As I posted on the ''Odds'' thread - I heard yesterday that Doncaster hates Boothroyd from when he was here before and that he wasn''t on the shortlist becasue of this. 

Other thing I heard was that a current Prem manager had applied for the job and WAS on the shortlist.