Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Make of this what you will . . .

On Look East tonight they showed Saturday''s goals, then the presenter said they had hoped Bryan Gunn would join them in the studio but their request did not meet with the approval of the Media Department at Carrow Road.

Yes, I noticed that and also that they made a specific point of saying just that which they needn''t have done as I don''t suppose anyone would have expected to see Gunny in the studio anyway. Seemed a bit odd.

Yes , old Stuart White said it with a meaningful look don''t you think ?

Perhaps City did not wish to seem to be falsely indicating any managerial announcement !

It does sound a bit of an odd thing to say.  Usually, they wouldn''t even mention such a thing.

Could be either way: my immediate thought is that the club doesn''t think he will be the manager and isn''t as sure of him being ''spokesman'' for that role - comments made could be seen as undermining the new guy in some way. 

But an alternative is that they are lining him up for the post and want to keep what he says under wraps until an announcement is made.

obvious to me. he''s far too genuine and may say something that doesn''t meet with the current spin that the Board are putting out "Standard practice" for NCFC these days.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]obvious to me. he''s far too genuine and may say something that doesn''t meet with the current spin that the Board are putting out "Standard practice" for NCFC these days.[/quote]

Foolish and, quite frankly, childish. There is no benefit to your club ( and mine ) putting out any kind of statement until they are ready to do so. To approve of Gunn being put into that position at this juncture does not make any sense. Get behind your club at this important time.