Sign in to follow this  
tribes

Southampton match?

Did anyone catch what was said re; Soton match on Rad Norfolk at 5.35 pm with regard to Gunny?. They either said  " he had been asked to take charge" or he hadn''t.

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]they said Gunny would be in charge for the Southampton game[/quote]Thanks.

[quote user="CT "]Me and my mate are going to the southampton match.Dont let me down Norwich[/quote]We will not let you down. WE WILL WIN. If S''oton turn up and put in a fight then it may be a close run thing, but we will still win. If S''oton don''t travel too well or concede an early goal, then we could well have another romp. I''d like to see Lupoli given a chance from the off. (Oh and Laps on the bench of course).If we play well then a win at Doncaster is also possible. But then it starts to get harder.

[quote user="Hoof it to Hoolahan"]What was said exactly? Would be disappointed if this was the case, was hoping to see the new manager''s first game, there''s nowt on the official site.
[/quote]Just as bungaycanary says " Gunny will be in charge for Soton game". So presumably new manager, if there is one, will not be in place soon enough to take charge of game.

If true then I think it''s fair to say that Boothroyd is not on the club''s shortlist, and everyone else who isn''t in a job at the moment, as surely it wouldn''t take more than a week to finalise details and sign papers? I might be wrong but this doesn''t sound too promising...

[quote user="Hoof it to Hoolahan"]If true then I think it''s fair to say that Boothroyd is not on the club''s shortlist, and everyone else who isn''t in a job at the moment, as surely it wouldn''t take more than a week to finalise details and sign papers? I might be wrong but this doesn''t sound too promising...[/quote]Forgive me for being cynical, but this is surely just an attempt by the board to cover up the fact that there is absolutely zero money to spend? Suppose they appointed Aidy tomorrow, he''d have 12 days to approach the board and say "I''d like to sign this striker for £250k and this backup centre-half for £200k", only to be told "Sorry mate, the cupboard is bare". At least Gunny, as head of recruitment, knows what budget he''s working with...

I would have thought that if the new guy is appointed at the end of the week that he''ll watch the game on Tuesday and then start his role the day after that game.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I would have thought that if the new guy is appointed at the end of the week that he''ll watch the game on Tuesday and then start his role the day after that game.

[/quote]

Yep, like Nigel Clough the other week for Derby.  Watched the Man Utd game and then took over soon after.