Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

moore to help out again

Businessman Carl Moore, the man who has helped pay the salaries of Darren Huckerby and, in more recent times, Leroy Lita, says he has full confidence in the board of directors and would consider helping the club again.

"I have every faith in the board of directors and if the opportunity arose then I would be prepared to consider it," said Moore.

The proviso is simple: it has to be the right player.

"I would be prepared to help out, if I thought that it was the right player," Moore added.

"That has to be a player who I believe comes here in the best interest of Norwich City in the fight against relegation.

"If I thought the club wanted to bring in that person then, of course, I would be willing to talk to them about it and help out, just as I have done before.

"I have a good relationship with the club and I have great trust in the people I deal with - but first and foremost I have a great love for the club and would do anything I could to help it away from its current position."

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Right players for us right now - Huckerby, and a decent CB and centre forward please![/quote]

I think Hucks has quoshed any suggestion of him coming back, unfortunately.

Agree that we need one more CB and one more forward, providing we don''t lose anyone.

I think we need two defenders.  We score enough goals and have 5 players - Cureton, Lupoli,Cort and Rusty and Hoolahan - for the 2  striker positions.  We concede too many goals and have no CB cover and our full backs are average.

Is Tiny Taylor getting a game for Birmingham?  Him, Hucks back (for a giggle), Ched and Lita are top of my ''one foot in reality dream team'' for City at the moment.

It''ll never happen....

so Carl ~Moore is the manager now is he and chooses who "the right player" For Norwich city is?

im not seighting his sizeable contribution to the club.. but none of us know who the right player for a club is.. Man city and Kaka for example, Kaka could sign for man city, get home sick and be a complete donkey, could suffer with an injury, or could just simply be the wrong player at the wrong club.. which happens...

Chris Brown wasn''t the right player for us.. i wonder what Preston fans make of him though....

jas :)

Not sure sure what your problem is with Carl Moore Jas - touch of the green-eyed monster perhaps?At the end of the day, the guy is using his own personal funds to put into the club - it''s hardly surprising he doesn''t want it to go on just "anybody", and I don''t think it''s unreasonable that he will only fund who he believes is the right person. After all, he is just giving his money away and doesn''t want to waste it...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

so Carl ~Moore is the manager now is he and chooses who "the right player" For Norwich city is?

im not seighting his sizeable contribution to the club.. but none of us know who the right player for a club is.. Man city and Kaka for example, Kaka could sign for man city, get home sick and be a complete donkey, could suffer with an injury, or could just simply be the wrong player at the wrong club.. which happens...

Chris Brown wasn''t the right player for us.. i wonder what Preston fans make of him though....

[/quote]What''s your problem with Carl Moore?Besides, he''s been a pretty good judge on who ''the right player'' for the club is up until now with Hucks and Lita hasn''t he.

dont have a problem with Carl Moore.. he just does what every fan does and pumps money into the club.. we aren''t all as wealthy as him, but we have all ploughed our money into the club for years... just because he is wealthy what makes him any different to the rest of us?

thats partly what got my goat with him saying "it has to be the right player...." why cant we all have a say on who the right player might be? its after all our money going in as well.... or do our contributions not count?

my tin hat is on and my sand bags are ready.... take your best shot! lol!

I suppose, it depends what he uses to judge Jas. If it''s a case of whether HE thinks it''s the right player, or whether he listens to the board/family/friends/supporters I don''t know.The problem is, as you say, nobody really knows if a player is going to be successful at a club before they join. Look at Clingan for instance - not exactly a household name, and apparently not that highly rated by some Forest supporters, but has been absolutely outstanding for us this season...

I think, Jas, the difference between Carl Moore''s contribution to the club and your own is that he can afford to pay a player''s wages, whereas you simply pay for a season ticket each year and give funds via buying the shirt/pies/beer... You may think of it as only a slight difference, but I''d bet that most people can see the distinction, including Mr Moores himself...I''m sure if you were in a position to make a similar contribution then you wouldn''t want the board to come along and ask for your money to pay for ''the next Peter Thorne'' or ''Andy Hughes''... you''d tell them to p*ss off and come back when they want ''the next Huckerby'' or ''the next Lita''... that''s all he''s saying, really...