Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Now Gunn's trying to bring players in!

We sack the Rodent and the club has to stop? I would expect Gunny to be looking at the available players the same as I would expect the catering manager to be buying pies for the next home match.

Why oh Why is this such an issue? I also don''t want Gunny as next manager because I don''t want to end up "hateing" the Legend because he is Manager at somepoint further down the line and trust me it happens with every manager at every club.

Gunny is a wise old boy who today, after helping out his employer on Saturday, is doing the job he is paid for.

What is the next complaint? Perhaps its the Double Discount that the club shop gave yesterday as it is taking funds from the Transfer budget!!!!!!!!!!!!?

[quote user="pennywise "]

wizard why don`t you start up  gunnyout.co.uk  just to make sure he doesn`t get it ?  [:D]

[/quote]

Because Gunny is a hero of mine, I still don''t want him as manager, but he''s still a legend here.

[quote user="singing canary"]

he will just go for roeders targets...

some of them arnt bad players , i was the manager that was crap!!

[/quote]

Agreed, his permanent signings were mostly impressive (Clingan, Bell, Hoolahan, Pattison etc), it was just the way he man-managed those players that let him down - that and his over-reliance upon loan players (although you have to wonder how much finances dictated that situation).

i think being a new manager , after the disaster of grant , i can see the board being fairly carefull how much cash they would give roeder.

i do think they have more than they letting on though , partly to do with delia saying her bit at the royal norfolk show.

if carl moore did not fund roeders departure, that means they must have money ...

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="mrdi"]

Go on, you can''t tell me I''m wrong, Wiz...

So, what exactly is it you have against Gunny?

[/quote]

You''re very wrong mrdi, and I have nothing agaist Gunn other than I don''t want him as the next City boss.

[/quote]if we try and sign someone before the transfer window closers you moan if we dont you moan

gunn as manager you moan ,who ever gets the managers job you will moan .

moan moan moan

GIVE IT A REST  YOU SAD OLD GIT

I love the way everybody is saying they don''t want to end up hating Gunny, it goes to show how we have been conditioned with our last 3 managers and the end of their time that we are already expecting to eventually hate somebody who hasn''t even been appointed yet!

i could never dislike gunny .

he was a total different charactor to roeder ,

roeder was rude , knew better than anyone , some of the things he wrote really angered me .

gunny , if it didnt work , he couldnt do any worse than the last 3 we have had , and above all gunny is a really decent down to earth bloke who wouldnt dream of comming out with the coments roeder did.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Silly me, I thought the new manager would have liked a say in that!

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED19%20Jan%202009%2011%3A05%3A21%3A530

Its a ruddy stich up..........again.

[/quote]

1st Wizard, What you''ve got to remember here is that Bryan Gunn may WANT to sign players, but he won''t be allowed to. I was one of  the members of "Doncasters fan club" (pathetic post on another thread!) who was speaking to Neil Doncaster before the match, and someone asked him if we will be signing any players before we get a new manager. He reply was simply no! He commented that there was no sense in bringing players to the club who may not be in the plans of the new manager! So fear not, it aint a ruddy stich up wiz! [:)]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Silly me, I thought the new manager would have liked a say in that!

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED19%20Jan%202009%2011%3A05%3A21%3A530

Its a ruddy stich up..........again.

[/quote]But Wiz, surely you''d like Gunn to take over - as he has no experience we''d be likely to get relegated and then go into administration.  Or do you not still want this to happen now?

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="the englishman"]
Cant you give it a rest with gunny,
[/quote]

No, this is too important!

[/quote]

Yes, getting the right manager is crucial and you very often make a lot of valid points but on this you are quite simply being a huge s**t stirrer, simple as. [:)] 

Gunny unfortunately, will bow to the board''s mantra.....I just don''t think that now is the time for him to take the reins.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]There''s a "reply" button at the end of each thread, you don''t have to press "new topic" every time.[/quote]Well made point!   And any new manager coming in would appreciate any striker or defender signing we could make, as long as they are fitter than Cort!

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Gunny unfortunately, will bow to the board''s mantra.....I just don''t think that now is the time for him to take the reins.

[/quote]

Exactly!

Funny how none of Wiz'' replies on here respond to the original answers to his post, which are that Gunn is doing his job. Why do you have a problem with him brining in players wiz? That''s what he has been doing for some time! Further more, given the transfer window will close in 10 days, who exactly would you want to be doing this when we don''t have a full time manager yet!?

The fact that you haven''t answered this just goes to show you are stirring.

You will find a lot of supporters in not wanting Gunn to get the job, me included, but there''s no need to whip things up like this.

[quote user="a1canary"]Funny how none of Wiz'' replies on here respond to the original answers to his post, which are that Gunn is doing his job. Why do you have a problem with him brining in players wiz? That''s what he has been doing for some time! Further more, given the transfer window will close in 10 days, who exactly would you want to be doing this when we don''t have a full time manager yet!? The fact that you haven''t answered this just goes to show you are stirring. You will find a lot of supporters in not wanting Gunn to get the job, me included, but there''s no need to whip things up like this.[/quote]

My opening post on this thread did answer that A1, I thought it would be the new manager who identified the new players he wants.........not the ruddy caretaker![:S]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Felixfan"]

In all probability the targets have been lined up for sometime.

[/quote]

which would mean they are "Roeder signings" technicaly.. should we be worried?

jas :)

[/quote]Nope. Roeder had a good head for player recruitment, just not at the rest of his job.  He''d probably have made a good director of football in the continental sense.