Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Now Gunn's trying to bring players in!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Silly me, I thought the new manager would have liked a say in that!

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED19%20Jan%202009%2011%3A05%3A21%3A530

Its a ruddy stich up..........again.

[/quote]Well, he is head of recruitment, and I would imagine that if there''s not long left in the window, it might be sensible to line up possibles to give the new boss options ?

Well he is still head of recrutment so it is his job to see who is available he might be making a list of possible targets for the next manager that will be coming in, theres no harm in that

is there???

He''s head of recruitment and the transfer window is slowly ticking by so guess he''s busy trying to find a striker to recommend to the new boss for when the appointment is made at the end of the week.

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED19%20Jan%202009%2011%3A05%3A21%3A530

[/quote]

ok so we get a new manager in, say, on monday Wiz.... this gives him 5 days to bring players in.. is he going to do it? no.. unlikely when these players will already of moved....

Gunn can get players in on loan now before the window closes, if the new manager comes in and doesnt like what he sees then he simply ends the loan agreement... even if it was a week later and they had played no game for us.... thats his job isn''t it?

jas :)

[quote user="cityangel"]

He''s head of recruitment and the transfer window is slowly ticking by so guess he''s busy trying to find a striker to recommend to the new boss for when the appointment is made at the end of the week.

[/quote]

Thats not what this implies Angel:

"A lot of agents are calling in now, it''s a busy time, so it''s an opportunity to find out who might be available in the window and then make recommendations to the chairman and the board of directors to see if we can maybe freshen the squad up," said Gunn. "We have 18 games left and it will be crucial that we keep the squad at the level it is and, if not, better."

Well by your own words "Silly me"

Brian Gunn is head of Player recruitment thus its his job to fine new player!!!!

[quote user="Felixfan"]

In all probability the targets have been lined up for sometime.

[/quote]

which would mean they are "Roeder signings" technicaly.. should we be worried?

[/quote]Cant you give it a rest with gunny, whats this your third seperate post on him now ?Go out and get some air.

[quote user="Felixfan"]

[/quote]The ones that Roeder had targetted will probably have been lined up.

...and no doubt you''d be amongst the first to kick up a fuss if we didn''t appear to be at least making efforts to bring new players in. I''d hazard a guess your grumbles would be along the lines of:

"that Bryan Gunn, I thought he was supposed to be Head Of Recruitment... WHAT THE HELL IS HE DOING TO JUSTIFY THAT JOB TITLE?!?"

Go on, you can''t tell me I''m wrong, Wiz...

So, what exactly is it you have against Gunny? Are you actually Mark Walton, still bitter at being understudy for all those years?

As head of Player recruitment it would be remiss to not have a look in the interim. You''re little heart must be pounding what with all the panicking you do. Has anyone ever statistically sussed how often these premonitions of doom (5 a day at the mo I''d say - all on separate threads) bear fruit in actuality?

This board should be called Neighborhood Wiz Watch. "WHAT WAS THAT??? DID YOU HEAR THAT??? IT''S BURGLARS!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="the englishman"]Cant you give it a rest with gunny, [/quote]

No, this is too important!

[/quote]Why you think some wittering old git posting his every spontaneous thought will change anything.

[quote]Are you actually Mark Walton, still bitter at being understudy for all those years?[/quote]No, he''s Dave from Lowestoft, and he doesn''t hate Gunny, he''s just bored and seeking attention.

[quote user="mrdi"]

So, what exactly is it you have against Gunny?

[/quote]

You''re very wrong mrdi, and I have nothing agaist Gunn other than I don''t want him as the next City boss.

Fair enough.

I don''t either, for what it''s worth. If for no other reason than to preserve the hero status I''ve held in in since my yoot.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

Thats not what this implies Angel:

"A lot of agents are calling in now, it''s a busy time, so it''s an opportunity to find out who might be available in the window and then make recommendations to the chairman and the board of directors to see if we can maybe freshen the squad up," said Gunn. "We have 18 games left and it will be crucial that we keep the squad at the level it is and, if not, better."

[/quote]

What would you prefer Wiz, an answer phone message asking them to call back when we have a new manager.  You are so bitter and negative its almost comical.  Chill the hell out for petes sake...

For f*** sake, 1st Wizard is just a wind up merchant. His posts are just mindless drivel intended to wind everyone on here up, I have serious doubts that he is even a Norwich fan. Ignore him and he will just disappear.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="mrdi"]

[/quote]

You''re very wrong mrdi, and I have nothing agaist Gunn other than I don''t want him as the next City boss.

[/quote]

That said, I bet you''d still moan if he was doing nothing on the player recruitment front...

Let''s face it, by the time our board have dithered around and pulled straws/names out of a hat to pick our next manager, it''ll probably be January 29th, by which time the new man will be lucky to have his name on a sign on his office door, let alone have time to bring new faces into the team...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Felixfan"]

[/quote]

which would mean they are "Roeder signings" technicaly.. should we be worried?

[/quote]

In Wiz''s world you have to worry about anything and everything, but it weren''t the signings that got Roeder sacked.

[quote user="JTG"]For f*** sake, 1st Wizard is just a wind up merchant. His posts are just mindless drivel intended to wind everyone on here up, I have serious doubts that he is even a Norwich fan. Ignore him and he will just disappear.
[/quote]

You know Jack S*** about me pal, some others on here do, and is them I''m concerned about![:|]

[quote user="JTG"]For f*** sake, 1st Wizard is just a wind up merchant. His posts are just mindless drivel intended to wind everyone on here up, I have serious doubts that he is even a Norwich fan. Ignore him and he will just disappear. [/quote]

You know Jack S*** about me pal, some others on here do, and is them I''m concerned about![:|]

[/quote]I feel just from having to put up with your posts for the past 3 years or so that I know you pretty well. I am quite sick of your constant mindless wind-up threads and will not be reading any thread posted by yourself. Quite simple solution really and I implore others on here to do the same.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="mrdi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You seemed to have something againt him here http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1122586/ShowPost.aspx  (unless calling someone fat and wanting them sacked passes for a compliment in Lowestoft)? More classic Wizardry [;)]