Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Souness!

Ok, bare with me. I put this on another thread but think it''s such a cool idea it deserves a new one.

The board club together, along with Mssrs Moore and Cullum, and stick as much money as they can put together on Souness to be manager, at 80-1. Say £1m.

Then they lure him with a massive contract, appoint him, and collect the EIGHTY MILLION quid which he can spend on players. Once we''ve paid off our debts!

Club saved and promoted. Genius!

Or entire board sent to prison and club ejected from the football league :(

But hey, worth a punt at those odds!

[quote user="a1canary"]Ok, bare with me. I put this on another thread but think it''s such a cool idea it deserves a new one.

The board club together, along with Mssrs Moore and Cullum, and stick as much money as they can put together on Souness to be manager, at 80-1. Say £1m.

Then they lure him with a massive contract, appoint him, and collect the EIGHTY MILLION quid which he can spend on players. Once we''ve paid off our debts!

Club saved and promoted. Genius!

Or entire board sent to prison and club ejected from the football league :(

But hey, worth a punt at those odds![/quote]No bookmaker would take a bet on our manager from our board! If they put it on through another party it is illegal.

[quote user="a1canary"]Ok, bare with me. I put this on another thread but think it''s such a cool idea it deserves a new one. The board club together, along with Mssrs Moore and Cullum, and stick as much money as they can put together on Souness to be manager, at 80-1. Say £1m. Then they lure him with a massive contract, appoint him, and collect the EIGHTY MILLION quid which he can spend on players. Once we''ve paid off our debts! Club saved and promoted. Genius! Or entire board sent to prison and club ejected from the football league :( But hey, worth a punt at those odds![/quote]

Get an ''outside source'' to bet the money....

So if i give you a tenner 7rew and ask you to put in on Souness for me, that''s illegal?

To be fair, the whole thing is deeply illegal!!

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="a1canary"]Ok, bare with me. I put this on another thread but think it''s such a cool idea it deserves a new one. The board club together, along with Mssrs Moore and Cullum, and stick as much money as they can put together on Souness to be manager, at 80-1. Say £1m. Then they lure him with a massive contract, appoint him, and collect the EIGHTY MILLION quid which he can spend on players. Once we''ve paid off our debts! Club saved and promoted. Genius! Or entire board sent to prison and club ejected from the football league :( But hey, worth a punt at those odds![/quote]

No bookmaker would take a bet on our manager from our board! If they put it on through another party it is illegal.
[/quote]

Only if they were found out

I''m in so long as when they get the £80m they sack Souness and pay his contract off I''m sure a decent manager would be able to do a good job with the remaining £78m

[quote user="a1canary"]So if i give you a tenner 7rew and ask you to put in on Souness for me, that''s illegal? [/quote]

no.. because yo are not involved with the club in anyway.. or the selection process for the manager are you....

Its basically Rigging it... which would see the board in deep do do....

jas :)