Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Our squad

Need a new centre back, left back and right back. New attacking centre mid and a couple of new strikers before we can be up the top half of the table I would say.

Omozusi (yet) and Otsemobor (recently) are not good enough to be first choices in a top championship side. Drury doesn''t get in ahead of Bertrand, who has proven this season to not be as good as we thought. So I would say a new left back would be needed as well.

Doherty appears to be our only good centre back, with Grounds (imo) not good enough to be a first choice at the minute. Stefanovic is now injured, old, and unlikely to come back to a high standard as he could have been.

We have never replaced Damien Francis. Simple. Need a box to box midfielder who will score us around 10 goals a season.

Upfront we hardly have anybody, none of which would cement a place in a top championship side. Therefore at least 2 new strikers would be needed.

so Marshall, Doherty, Croft, Clingan, and Hoolahan are the only players who would be worthy of a starting place in a top championship team in my opinion. A lot of rebuilding to go until we get there.

[quote user="CT "]Which areas need strenghtening most?

If we get a decent centre half and a big strong striker i reckon we could finish top half.

[/quote]

easy on CT, i agree with needing another centre back and a big strong striker

Doherty and Grounds have no cover what so ever, once we get somebody in i''d like to see Grounds at left back, up top i think we''ll see the best of Cureton and Lupoli if they''re alongside somebody with a physical presence. However we need more options all over the pitch as well if we''re to compete further up the table

Both full back positions have cover so no.

CB need at least 2

wingers-bell, croft, hools, patty can, lappin can so ok unless an awesome, dirt cheap LM comes available

cm, hools, fozzy, russel, clings, patty so a low priority

Strikers - i''d say at least 2

Strikers obviously.  A big man definitely and maybe another if Lupoli doesn''t stay.

Full backs.  I''m not confident in any of them at the moment, but with four on our books, I doubt anybody will come in for now.

Centre backs.  One more, but if Grounds doesn''t extend his loan then make it two.

If we get a decent centre half and a big strong striker i reckon we could finish top half.

[/quote]

That''s a formality........but tell me I''m right in assuming you mean in Division One next season ?

Currently we have;

GK - Marshall Nelson & Rudd - Fine with this as long as Marshall has no long term injury.

RB - Semmy & Omosuzi. Plus Clingan & Russell can play there in an emergency. Both our main choices have problems - Semmy is very low on confidence and Omo is lacking experience. However, other areas need strengthening first.

LB - Drury, Bertrand & Lappin. In my view, Drury should be 1st choice but if Bertrand can maintain the form shown against Brnsley then all well & god. Hopefully the new manager will return Lppin to the fold.

CB - Doc & Grounds. Plus Omo, Semmy, Drury & Clingan). Definitely need at least one additional body. Assume Stefanovic out for season now? Grounds goes back in 2 months and is inexperienced. Need to try and get in someone like Davenport, Gabbidon or even Daily.

CM - Clingan, Russell, Fozzy & Pattison. 4 decent champs players who are actually ours. All essentially fill the "water carrier" role although both Clingan & Fozzy are capable of playing some decent passes. Russell and Patty try to get forward and do an OK job in that role. Would like to see a goal scoring midfielder but only once we have sorted out CB & CF position.

RM - Croft, Bell  (all mids can play there too). Fine in this position. 2 really good champs players plus Pattison who has also looked decent in this postion.

LM - Hoolahan, Pattison, Lappin & Bell (Plus Bertrand & Lupoli) - again we look OK here. Bell does a solid job, Hooley isn''t an out and out winger.

CF - Cureton, Cort, Lupoli, (Russell, Hooley & Doc). Weakest part of the team. Curo OK but not good enough to be in challenging team. Cort can''t get game time to get fit. Lupoli is lightweight but has been poorly treated. Need 2 additions here, one target man and one with pace.

Take out the loan players and our squad is; Marshall, Nelson, Semmy, Drury, Doc, Stefanovic, Clingan, Russell, Fozzy, Pattison, Croft, Bell, Hoolahan, Cort, Cureton plus some kids and Martin & Spillane. This is the basis for a half decent team and assuming we kept all of these players we would need to add 1RB, 1LB, 2CB & 2CF for next season - all on a budget of very little money....

The new manager is going to have one hell of a job on his hands!

Just need to find the cash to get the players.  Having said that with the new govt guidelines on lending reckon we could get some nice cheap credit right about now!

[/quote]

We haven''t got a decent full-back (left or right), we need a good striker and a decent centre-half to compete with GD & JG.