Sign in to follow this  
KeelansGlove

Delias head on the block

Just thinking more about the possible risks of appointing Gunn as full time boss

He is a true legend who has served the club far longer than our current board , if things didn''t go his way and he was not supported financially by the board I think it is pretty likely it would be the boards position that would become untenable before that of mr Gunn.

Whereas if they employed someone like Ince he could easily be thrown to the wolves as they washed there hands once again.

I am begining to warm to the idea , I''m sure he could get ferguson to help him out with a special loan for babysitting services rendered.

give him the job till the end of the season we could do alot worse.

We know we have some decent players they just need belief (and one more striker , did you see Martins goal saturday !!)

If things dont go perfectly Gunnys reputation would insulate the players and give us a decent chance of getting over the finishing line.

After all I was convinced we were going down before Roeder left if the feel good factor can get us wins in the next two games I will be more confident we can pull it off again.

poor guy , you two hardly giving the poor man a chance.''

best win of the season ....early days i know but you couldnt have asked anymore.

all the players seem to think alot of gunny , as ive said before thats half the battle won straight away.

think of it like this , would you do better at work if your boss was a decent bloke , i know i would .

hes been here 22 years . and done pretty much every job here and worked under alot of managers good and bad, must of gained some valuable experience in my eyes.

I said on another post that Bryan Gunn with David Williams would tick a lot of boxes. Gunny obviously has the respect of the players and can motivate.  He has good contacts in the game as has Williams who I believe is the best coach we ever had.

Some how I have that gut feeling that we are going to get a kick in the teeth and and still go down, If we appoint Inch, If they do give him the job then I feel we should let them know that we are not happy with her and him, but I hope she reads this board and sees for herself that we would be sending out lynch mobs again, but If he is given the job that will tell us that this thing of yellow and green blood is no more than a spin again  

Have people on here gone soft and stupid?? I like Gunn and have a lot of respect and time for the bloke, and he''s been at the club in various jobs for 22 years now. But if he became manager and things went bad (which they probably would, having no experience) , everyone would be calling for his head in no time at all! He''s better off just doing what he has been doing!

I did wonder about this. I don''t like the thought of "Gunn Out" echoing around Carrow Road. Whoever the new man is the chances are us fans will want him out within the next 3 years. I honestly believe there is no method to appoint a successful manager and it really is very much down to luck whether they work out. Just maybe someone who knows and loves the club has more chance of making their own luck.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I did wonder about this. I don''t like the thought of "Gunn Out" echoing around Carrow Road. Whoever the new man is the chances are us fans will want him out within the next 3 years. I honestly believe there is no method to appoint a successful manager and it really is very much down to luck whether they work out. Just maybe someone who knows and loves the club has more chance of making their own luck.

[/quote]

There are methods that work in this league.  McCarthy, Warnock, and Davies employ them, and that''s why they''ve managed 11 top 10 finisheds in the last 5 seasons.  Their average player tends to be 6''4 though.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

There are methods that work in this league.  McCarthy, Warnock, and Davies employ them, and that''s why they''ve managed 11 top 10 finisheds in the last 5 seasons.  Their average player tends to be 6''4 though.

[/quote]

Won''t get that with Williams then. Oh well....

Is Bobby Gould still around...........................

[:^)]

>I did wonder about this. I don''t like the thought of "Gunn Out" echoing around Carrow Road.

Nor the thought of the headline "Gunn Fired!" when it all went wrong.

;o)