I am with Arthur on this one.  I think Blackburn had over achieved before Ince got there and he was the unlucky man in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I reckon he would do very well with our squad.  He was a very good footballer who was lucky enough to play under possibly the best manager ever.

This would be a very good, ambitious appointment in my opinion.  Certainly far more forward thinking than Roeder and Grant. If the bloke gets backed with a bit of cash then I am also happy to give the board a bit of slack too.  Fresh start time, been too negative for too long.

[quote user="singing canary"]

average id say , i just cant see he is the type of manager norwich are looking for .

he made a complete pigs ear with blackburn , a side established in the premiership.

and with decent money.

[/quote]

What a load of crap. It was an established side under Mark Hughes, who in case you didnt realise, left the club and everyone started handing in transfer requests in protest that he was allowed to leave. He spent a fraction of the David Bentley fee, and that was just on Paul Robinson, he had to wheel and deal, and as we found out for ourselves that rarely works in the premiership. Pigs ear my arse, he inherited a disgruntled team, and was given just 18 games to sort it out.

i hope not.. probably the only bloke in football more arrogant than Roeder.. he''s so far up his own arris he comes out of his mouth!

please dont do it board! plump for someone else! I''d even take Dowie over ince!

jas :)

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]

I am with Arthur on this one.  I think Blackburn had over achieved before Ince got there and he was the unlucky man in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I reckon he would do very well with our squad.  He was a very good footballer who was lucky enough to play under possibly the best manager ever.

This would be a very good, ambitious appointment in my opinion.  Certainly far more forward thinking than Roeder and Grant. If the bloke gets backed with a bit of cash then I am also happy to give the board a bit of slack too.  Fresh start time, been too negative for too long.

[/quote]

Exactly. Thank you.

I really can''t see Roeder mkII getting the job. I think the board can quite clearly see that''s just what he is. I have no doubt whatsoever that he will keep us up (only a select few morons would be able to take us down) but then the following season we will struggle again big time imo.I would be very disappointed if he got the job, but as always, would give him a fair chance.Oh and as we8 said, he''s a bloody Wolves fan, just goes to prove what scum he is.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i hope not.. probably the only bloke in football more arrogant than Roeder.. he''s so far up his own arris he comes out of his mouth!

please dont do it board! plump for someone else! I''d even take Dowie over ince!

[/quote]

Dowie?!?!  Please God. If you want to talk about arrogance look no further...  This guy should be the one we all moan about being linked with City.  He had half a good season with Palace the year we went up and has done nothing else yet clearly thinks he is a tactical genius.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Roeder was arrogant and achived nothing, Ince has achieved nearly the lot and is nowhere near as bad. Ince was a bit arrogant at Man Utd but that is man Utd syndrome. Roy Keane was a shy boy at forest before the Man Utd syndrome kicked into him. Ince does not seem arrogant as a manager in interviews i have seen.

so why was he sacked if he didnt make a pigs ear of it!!!!!!!!!!!!

how many did he win 3.!!

if your a good manager , you should be able to spot players to replace players that are leaving.

i would say sitting at the bottom of the leauge with 3 wins , is a pigs ear really

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Roeder was arrogant and achived nothing, Ince has achieved nearly the lot and is nowhere near as bad. Ince was a bit arrogant at Man Utd but that is man Utd syndrome. Roy Keane was a shy boy at forest before the Man Utd syndrome kicked into him. Ince does not seem arrogant as a manager in interviews i have seen.

[/quote]

we can only go by what we read in the papers (although admittedly thats not something we should take as gospel is it?) and whats reported in the media... True ince did ok at MK dons and with the super Mac''s so maybe lower divisions are where he lies.. more blood and guts football down there... just not sure about him at championship/prem level...

I have my reservations about Incey but would have been bitten your hand off prior to the Blackburn debacle. I think he had a bum deal at B''burn losing your 2 best players in the summer and replacing them with players not good enough in Robinson and Andrews. But he still turned the club into a bit of shambles, hiring Winterburn and he only turning up when he wanted, training session were apparently poor and players constantly played out of position, in particular Warnock, who he managed to turn into a bad player over night. I still think Dowie and Boothroyd are better choices and have more experience at Championship level, which Incey doesn''t have any.

im affraid ince is just roeder the 2nd! ince managed to lose the dressing room in under 20 games! his style of management may work in the lower leagues where motivation is what makes the difference in players of similar abillity, but in the higher league where more is needed to manage top class players, he just does not have that in his locker. if he came here i could easily see him falling out with players such as hoolahan and lupoli. i really wouldnt want paul ince

where is this whole paul ince and arrogant coming from?

he was in his mid 20s but then hasnt really been arrogant since

And I can''t get away from Mumbo Jumbo''s comments on Saturday on Radio Snorfolk about why Roeder had to go and the importance of appointing a new Manager who understands the culture of NCFC, the importance of its fanbase and the strong link between the fans and the club. I just don''t see Ince scoring very highly on that basis when there are others who do.   

[quote user="we8wba"]

where is this whole paul ince and arrogant coming from?

he was in his mid 20s but then hasnt really been arrogant since

[/quote]

Exactly, he had a bit of a chip on his shoulder at man U but dont all Man Utd players get that as soon as they sign?

dont get me wrong ince was a quality player , i dont think hes the right charactor to have here .

im sceptical about any choice the board make , to be honest!!!

Hopefully if it IS Ince (and am standing by original thought that the club will give Gunn until the end of the season) then one thing he will bring to Norwich, as far as the players are concerned, is "respect"-in that, footballers are very much into "...what have you done/what have you won??." in their mentality.

Ince has played for Liverpool, Manchester United and Inter Milan for starters-won the Prem, FA Cup, League Cup.

Played for England in the World Cup, about 50 caps altogther I think.

He can certainly stand in front of our squad and say "see what I have done", that sort of sounds arrogant, but its the sort of thing that footballers respond to and respect. The trick is, can he then take that on and get their respect and a response from his methods.

Again, if its Ince, a big decision will be his assistant-is crucial, I think, he has a strong Norwixch connection. Ince has worked with, correct me if I am wrong, Ray Mathias, who is a bit old school.

We will see. Would be surprised if he was appointed, but encouraged, none the less, but does need a Norwich man at his side, so to speak. Maybe Dion who he will know.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Hopefully if it IS Ince (and am standing by original thought that the club will give Gunn until the end of the season) then one thing he will bring to Norwich, as far as the players are concerned, is "respect"-in that, footballers are very much into "...what have you done/what have you won??." in their mentality.

Ince has played for Liverpool, Manchester United and Inter Milan for starters-won the Prem, FA Cup, League Cup.

He can certainly stand in front of our squad and say "see what I have done", that sort of sounds arrogant, but its the sort of thing that footballers respond to and respect. The trick is, can he then take that on and get their respect and a response from his methods.

Again, if its Ince, a big decision will be his assistant-is crucial, I think, he has a strong Norwixch connection. Ince has worked with, correct me if I am wrong, Ray Mathias, who is a bit old school.

We will see. Would be surprised if he was appointed, but encouraged, none the less, but does need a Norwich man at his side, so to speak. Maybe Dion who he will know.

[/quote]

Good post, and I also have a funny feeling Gunny will be in charge till the end of the season.

Ince would be high risk IMO. Great player - but a very niggly player. Can see lower division players being a bit in awe of him  - but not premiership or even championship. Whilst he will interview well, that doesn''t mean he will motivate our players; that surely is our number one priority. I too think Gunn will feature somehow for the rest of the season: if he wants the job he could do worse than be assistant to another Norwich man for the moment. Gunn? Crook? Malky? Iwan? Adams? Any of these could be included as the "Norwich blood" that we are told is essential.

For what it''s worth this is what my m8 in Milton Keynes reckons.............

Hi m8,

Gave up on footie years back lol

There''s a few I know that are MK Don fans and think he was well liked and appeared to steer the Dons in the right direction. Loads of talks about how excited for the future he was and was here for the long run....blah blah blah.....then Blackburn called. Bye Paul .

MK Dons doing alright at the mo and are heading for auto promotion so maybe it was actually the players winning those games after all

Being serious, he did OK....maybe showed a little bit of arrogance from time to time but they played well against stiff opposition. Good luck with him, Norwich are a big club but he may get a call to go elsewhere again!

Think he''ll do alright by Norwich.

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

I think we have to look at it like this; would Gunny be able to do the job? Based on what we know, the answer is quite clearly "I don''t know". Prior to Barnsley, we wouldn''t have even considered Gunny and rightly so. We shouldn''t be considering giving him the job based on one game.

Either give Gunny a little longer as caretaker to prove if he''s up to the task and Saturday was not a fluke, or appoint someone with experience.

[/quote]

Inch has said himself, on Sky interview, that he is still learning his trade, and I for one would rather he learn somewhere else, we can''t risk this sort of appointment, thats unless the board do want us to go bust that is, if he gets us religated then, as I said before we will fold,   

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]

I think we have to look at it like this; would Gunny be able to do the job? Based on what we know, the answer is quite clearly "I don''t know". Prior to Barnsley, we wouldn''t have even considered Gunny and rightly so. We shouldn''t be considering giving him the job based on one game.

Either give Gunny a little longer as caretaker to prove if he''s up to the task and Saturday was not a fluke, or appoint someone with experience.

[/quote]

Inch has said himself, on Sky interview, that he is still learning his trade, and I for one would rather he learn somewhere else, we can''t risk this sort of appointment, thats unless the board do want us to go bust that is, if he gets us religated then, as I said before we will fold,   

[/quote]

But I haven''t applied,that''s just a rumour.[;)][;)][;)][:D]

i really dont want him......however id be highly surprised if his training regimes were archaic?!?! I mean the guy played in Italy so he is probably the most likely of the current English managers to use european training,nutrition,etcetcFor my money id love Curbs to be here but still think thats pie in the sky stuff.Of the rest, id say Calderwood seems most appealing if Robins doesnt want a go.Crook is a legend but i fear he may fall into the Grant trap and id hate to see his status with the fans ruined.....One thing a certain Mr Moore could do is fund Curb''s wages.......better thatn funding one player......hed be funding the man who can take us forward and motivate our entire squad......Mr moore.....get stumping up and get a pre contract with curbs before even interview :P

The bits I''ve highlighted worry me:"There is nothing concrete as far as we are concerned,” he said. “Paul

would be looking for work - that is
undeniable and Norwich City is a

good club but that is far as it goes at the minute. He''s very keen to

get back into work. Obviously things didn''t work out at Blackburn but

he is confident of getting back into the game soon. At the minute we''re

looking at various options and they''ve been mainly abroad at this point

but we will wait and see what happens.”Ince recently confirmed he is ready to return after his Ewood Park nightmare.“Whatever

club you go to you want to bring in your own players,” he said. “You

need to build your own team, but unfortunately we didn''t have that

time. It was always going to be hard at Blackburn because of

investment.
I take responsibility as manager of the team. The reason we

were down where we were was down to me.“I feel that I am a

Premiership manager. But I was not allowed to be a Premiership manager.

My confidence has not changed one little bit. I still feel I can do it

and I''m not too proud to think I couldn''t go and prove myself again in

the lower leagues.”

I don''t think the board would appoint him. One of the reasons MK board loved him was that he didn''t want them too involved and they were still very busy putting the club together. Compared to previous managers they had worked with he gave them more time to get on with their jobs.

People say Ince is a good coach- but he actually do the coaching does he? I thought he was well known to stand around and watch training sessions while Ray Matthias did all the work... in fact RM seemed to do everything at MK including talk to the local press.

Ince is a figurehead and in my opinion a pointless and potentially destructive one.

Ince would be like the son of Roeder - lets not make the same mistake twice and whats this about him being harshly treated at Blackburn? he failed full stop and that was before the season even started!If you have to revert to making senior players doing press ups to stamp your authority and try to win their respect, then you have something seriously missing from your locker in the first place - sorry this guy isn''t the person Norwich need, it would be yet another step back, can we afford that? I don''t think so

[quote user="Old Shuck"]Hopefully if it IS Ince (and am standing by original thought that the club will give Gunn until the end of the season) then one thing he will bring to Norwich, as far as the players are concerned, is "respect"-in that, footballers are very much into "...what have you done/what have you won??." in their mentality.

[/quote]

What you say is in theory watertight. It is so very logical. But, Ince''s achievements didn''t do much for him at Blackburn. He was replaced by Sam Allardyce, a man who as a player didn''t achieve anything like the same heady heights as Ince, but as the new manager at Blackburn has reversed the rot. Dare I mention Bryan Gunn''s mentor, Sir Alex. A decent footballer but didn''t achieve any winners medals (I think that''s right) but, arguable, the best manager in the world. Sure, you cannot analogize Gunn with Ferguson but given Gunn''s obvious pedigree and character qualities plus his thorough knowledge of Norwich City FC and the people of Norfolk I see no reason why he couldn''t become a very successful manager for our club.