I certainly hope not.Archaic training regimes, arrogance to equal Roeder''s and a seeming total lack of ability in the transfer market put me straight off his appointment.Funny how it seems like a new manager is plastered all over on a daily basis...

I also hope not, I really don''t see what he would bring to this club, not enough experience, not a great personailty and no real proven track record, that is why he failed at Blackburn and we have less resources than them.

Best of luck to him if he does get the appointment but I hope he does''nt insist on the players calling him ''the Gouverneur'', a tad sad that.

I''ve just looked at EDP24 and there''s no mention of Ince taking over, just that Jimmy Calderwood is unlikely to come. However I''d be reasonably happy with Ince - he did well on limited resources at Macclesfield and MK Dons so the City job  might suit him. If he does take over we have to get behind him.

[quote user="JimboRoyle"]I''ve just looked at EDP24 and there''s no mention of Ince taking over, just that Jimmy Calderwood is unlikely to come. However I''d be reasonably happy with Ince - he did well on limited resources at Macclesfield and MK Dons so the City job  might suit him. If he does take over we have to get behind him.
[/quote]

they can''t put the stories on the website until a certain time after the actual paper being released - some form of licensing laws

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]I certainly hope not.Archaic training regimes, arrogance to equal Roeder''s and a seeming total lack of ability in the transfer market put me straight off his appointment.Funny how it seems like a new manager is plastered all over on a daily basis...[/quote]I''ve not seen anything about his training being archaic, where has this been reported?

This could work, but i would think a right hand man with ties to the club, and a bit of charisma would go down a storm.

Dion, maybe?

Arrogant, yes. But he has a point to prove and will certainly attract attention from big clubs if he can save us this season and get us towards the top of the league next season. If he is attracted away at that point we could receive compensation and look again for a long term manager from a position of strength. As long as he keeps his arrogance for those outside the club then we could be good for each other.

He can be as arrogant as he likes as long as he gets results, personally I think he''d be a decent appointment.

It seems that an Ince appointment would split fans right down the middle...half of me says yes he is a talented coach, the other half says he''s too controlling like Roedent....

Can''t understand the reluctance on here for Ince. I for one think it would be a top appointment, particularly if he comes with a yellow and green assistant (Gunn, Malky, Butterworth).

He did exceptionally well at both Macclesfield (without any cash) and MK Dons (where he spent limited funds wisely). He''s a well know figure which should help in player recrutment and has got to be better than some unkown ala Grant mark 2.

Also think the accusations about him being arrogant and the training methods are unfounded. He was without doubt a pain on the field but I''ve not seen that in him has a manager and surely no-one could doubt his determination to succeed. Lastly the guy is full of ambition, a nice antidote to the boards prudence. 

[quote user="Billabong Willytickle"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]I certainly hope not.Archaic training regimes, arrogance to equal Roeder''s and a seeming total lack of ability in the transfer market put me straight off his appointment.Funny how it seems like a new manager is plastered all over on a daily basis...[/quote]I''ve not seen anything about his training being archaic, where has this been reported?[/quote]

It was all over the papers after he got the boot from Blackburn. The players didn''t like his methods. He rarely took training and was late more often than not.

Please not Ince. I want someone who understands what it means to support Norwich. Not Roeder Mark 2 who is just using us as a stepping stone to the ''bigger club'' he no doubt feels is his destiny.

I think we have to look at it like this; would Gunny be able to do the job? Based on what we know, the answer is quite clearly "I don''t know". Prior to Barnsley, we wouldn''t have even considered Gunny and rightly so. We shouldn''t be considering giving him the job based on one game.

Either give Gunny a little longer as caretaker to prove if he''s up to the task and Saturday was not a fluke, or appoint someone with experience.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

Lastly the guy is full of ambition, a nice antidote to the boards prudence. 

[/quote]

He certainly has a point to prove after his spectacular fall from grace at Blackburn.  I just have a doubt about whether he is the right man for us now and if does turn out to be him then the assistant role will be even more important.  Maybe he would do OK alongside someone with City connections.

Oh, and I dont think medical science has yet come up with an antidote to the strain of prudence that afflicts our board!

that  winkleman guy at mk  was gutted to see him go and  he seems a pretty good judge of manager, all his appointments have been a success [:D]

Hope he gets it. Performed a miracle to keep Macclesfield up with no money when they were nearly 20 points adrift. Then went on to win the League and Paint Trophy with MK Dons, before being harshly treated by a Blackburn team that had no money, selling its best players, and everyone putting in transfer requests. Thought he was arrogant as a player, but you cant argue with what hes achieved and done in the game, from the low leagues to the very top. I think the premiership was a step too far, and we would be about his level to build us up.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Ince lost the dressing room at Blackburn before the season even kicked off, f@ck me! that takes some doing!
[/quote]

Because everyone wanted to leave when Mark Hughes quit because they thought the club lacked ambition.

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Ince lost the dressing room at Blackburn before the season even kicked off, f@ck me! that takes some doing!
[/quote]

lmao  even roeder usually waits until august  before carelessly mislaying a dressing room  [:D]

[quote user="kdncfc"]He can be as arrogant as he likes as long as he gets results, personally I think he''d be a decent appointment.[/quote]

I agree, the issue with Roeder''s arrogance was that it wasn''t backed up with any discernible talent.  Arrogance in itself isnt a problem, its when it isnt backed up ith results that people start to struggle.

I am optimistic that Ince would be capable of getting us results - my reservation would be that he would leave as soon as we started to build any sort of success.

I couldn''t care less that he was at Man Utd or Mk Dons or that he was a bit of a tit as a player...

ince will get the biggest ovation in 14days time

INCEY is a WOLVES FAN

INCEY is a WOLVES FAN

la la la hey la la la hey

[quote user="singing canary"]

rather not , went from mk donns to blackburn and failed big time .

no better than roeder .

[/quote]

well if he did great mk dons

crap at blackburn

norwich is in the middle betweek the sides

then surely he do a good job

average id say , i just cant see he is the type of manager norwich are looking for .

he made a complete pigs ear with blackburn , a side established in the premiership.

and with decent money.