Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Hawkings Football Boots

Curbishley odds slashed

Alan Curbishley''s odds of being next manager on skybet were 50/1 then at the end of the week went to 66/1 but now have been slashed to 7/1 (fourth favorite) i assume he must be one of the candidates being interviewed although Neil Doncaster said last week that it was unlikely as he had rejected other championship teams.

Still glad I put £20 on at 50/1

if you due to get say 10k if he appointed, id ring betfair up request managers market, and lay curbishley at 7s to makes tidy profit regardless

Very true!

Not sure how much of Charlton''s commercial success was down to Curbs, perhaps Delia needs to bring him in and bring in Richard Murray to the board!

[quote user="olej"]On VC he''s third favorite at 9/2 after Ince and boothroyd. I''m pritty sure that if hes available and we can afford him the board would want to appoint him, as delia and Neil have commented in the past that Charlton were the team they looked to emulate. Theyre not doing a bad job at the moment[/quote]

You''re on a wind up obviously! Who are ''not doing a bad job at the moment''?? I think most would agree that The Cook / ND ARE and this so called ''Charlton model'' for us to follow ceased to have any relevance sometime ago. Last time I looked they were heading at alarming speed to the old Third Division and financial meltdown. Still anything to keep the old myths going eh?

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[quote user="olej"]On VC he''s third favorite at 9/2 after Ince and boothroyd. I''m pritty sure that if hes available and we can afford him the board would want to appoint him, as delia and Neil have commented in the past that Charlton were the team they looked to emulate. Theyre not doing a bad job at the moment[/quote]

You''re on a wind up obviously! Who are ''not doing a bad job at the moment''?? I think most would agree that The Cook / ND ARE and this so called ''Charlton model'' for us to follow ceased to have any relevance sometime ago. Last time I looked they were heading at alarming speed to the old Third Division and financial meltdown. Still anything to keep the old myths going eh?

[/quote]Engage brain before ranting. The point he was making is that the board are not doing a bad job of emulating Charlton and he''s spot on. Look at where Charlton are now and where we have been heading!

[quote user="Lazza"][quote user="Yellow Rider"]

[/quote]
Engage brain before ranting. The point he was making is that the board are not doing a bad job of emulating Charlton and he''s spot on. Look at where Charlton are now and where we have been heading!
[/quote]

That''s a relief! My apologies to Olej.

Having said that I do think it quite possible that Curbishley will end up here with The Cook trying to take all the credit via her ''personal friendship'' (we''ve had our fill of all that rubbish before).

if the board ever wished to make a statement of intent and show they have ambition then this would be their perfect oppurtunity to do so. unfortunately it is not going to happen in a gazillion years!

Curbishley would be an amasing appointment....not a chance in hell though. He is easily a premiership top six manager.....He only left west ham becuase they kept selling all his best players!!

Although Curbs is a great manager I don''t want him here. After all he does not have yellow and green in the blood [:|]