Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Boothroyd say the New of the World !

His style of play was rightly slated in the premiership for being over direct. He then tried to get the team playing football in the championship and failed woefully. He has a reputation for being a very good u18 coach here but did any of his u18 team ever make it into the 1st team?

He would be be a terrible appointment. Unfoturnately the supposed shortlist looks very weak indeed.

Also with our track record of hounding out managers i wouldn''t give him long before his direct style would start to be criticised by supporters.  

Why dont you reply to me and include Boothroyd''s track record as a manager.  Then put that alongside all the other candidates in a nice little table.  Then delete your post because you realise you are talking toss.Also where was he criticised for being to direct in the prem?  Are stoke being criticised for being direct?And thirdy "with our track record of hounding out managers" - so you reckon we as fans should have kept blindly supporting Worthington, Grant and Roeder do you?FFS where do we get these people from????[quote user="Sir Daz"]

His style of play was rightly slated in the premiership for being over direct. He then tried to get the team playing football in the championship and failed woefully. He has a reputation for being a very good u18 coach here but did any of his u18 team ever make it into the 1st team?

He would be be a terrible appointment. Unfoturnately the supposed shortlist looks very weak indeed.

Also with our track record of hounding out managers i wouldn''t give him long before his direct style would start to be criticised by supporters.  

[/quote]

If I''m completely and totally hand-on-heart honest, I wouldn''t mind seeing Norwich play a bit of direct football if we scored goals and earned results. For far too long we have just passed the ball aimlessly around the pitch and failed to create any chance, only for it to be defended as ''passing football''!Pretty football won''t help us avoid relegation.