13) Bolton

14) Pompy

15) Spurs

16) Man City

17) WBA

18) Fulham

19) Palace

20) Some sad club

ps DDiM, have you joined the fantasy league yet?

1) Norwich

2) Man Utd

3) Chelsea

4) Newcastle

5) Liverpool

6) Spurs

7) Birmingham

8) Charlton

9) Villa

10) Fulham

11) Boro

12) Man City

13) Southampton

14) Bolton

15) Blackburn

16) Portsmouth

17) Everton

18) West Brom

19) Arsenal

20) Crystal Palace

That would surprise me to be honest! It is indeed a realistic list according to strength of squad but there are always surprises. I bet several unexpected teams will do well and others badly. The top five (Arsenal, Manu, Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle) will all be top half. Then it is pretty open.

We will do one of two things:

Suprise everyone, gathering confidence and finish half way (depending on September results)

Crash and burn big time....

just my feeling but whichever let us sing loud and long and love every minute!!

Lets hope NOT so. Why the hell do you hope we will be 4th from bottom. I''m sure we all HOPE to finish alot higher. Such projections are really a waste of time. We will finish where we will finish, definately.

Yes I would love to finish top but it simply is not going to happen - if we finish 4th from bottom I will celebrate as hard I did when we sealed promotion/the title last season. Anything above 17th is a bonus.

This is a tough league, the teams are there on merit and most have players we would love to sign who are simply ''average prem players'' - Primus for example, let alone players who are stars that we would covet - Okocha, Rooney, Anelka, Wright-Phillips, Beattie, Malbranque etc etc etc. Despite Hux & Helveg we do not hve anyone of that calibre.

What we do have is a focussed manager who has assembled a tight squad who understand implicitly what is expected of them who aare prepared to work hard to make the team a success. How far that will take us is a guess. My gut feeling is that even without any more signing we can finish 17th/18th but will not seal our 2005/2006 fate until the last couple of games. With a couple of signings - centre back, right midfielder then striker - I am confident that we will stay up.

Anyone expecting to finish 11th as a right will have a rude awakening. Looking at the squads and summer signings there are 5 teams who will be around the bottom- the three promoted teams, Everton & Man Citeh. While Fulham, Blackburn, Southampton, Spurs & Bolton could be dragged in it is unlikely to happen as they have too much experience and better quality in their squad overall. The other teams wont be down there come the end of the season.

What this wont stop me doing is enjoying every game or vocally backing the team to the full even when we do get a 4-0 thrashing - its likely to happen at some stage! No promises not to vent my frustrations on this board though.

I cant wait for the season to start - it will be superb, bring it on!

OTBC

Too many assumptions that teams will finish about where they did last year. The top few are easy (although not which order), but the middle of the table is so close its hard to call. There''s not much between 14th and 7th is there usually?

And then, which established team is going to crash and burn this year (a la Leeds, West Ham, Coventry, etc before them).

The beauty is that its all so unpredictable.

Thanks Pedro. I bet Mystic Meg is quaking in her cloak. Whilst you are in the mood, think of 6 numbers between 1 and 49 and spend a pound. If you win, remember me!

Guarantee West Brom will not go down. i tip them for a top 12 finish! I think they''ve signed good players and have a little more experience now! Everton are in big trouble as are palace. as for the rest its a big fat scrap and we are up for it!

Weston, the chances of winning the lottery with a single ticket are around 14 million to one.
In other words about as likely as you being funny.Dont see the point in posting useless conjucture and moving other more down to earth posts off the front board. But then thats just me.

West Brom have bought badly, are poorly managed and will not finish above us.

Whilst we will not finish top six, as previous posters have said, any finish above the bottom three would be a very good season, and I for one, would be very happy with that.

We can stay up, so dont worry!!

Now, where is my medication......................

1.Arsenal (unless they sell viera)
2.Chelsea
3.Man u
4.Liverpool
5.Newcastle
6.spurs
7.birmingham
8.villa (unless the sell angel)
9.Boro
10.Charlton
11.Fulham
12.Portsmouth
13.Norwich (unless we get a decent forward and defender)
14.Southampton
15.Man City
16.Bolton
17.Blackburn
18.Everton
19.wba
20.crystal palace

Can you tell me how we''re poorly managed please? I''ve looked at every aspect of the club and I can''t see any problems. If it''s because you don''t like SGM, then it doesn''t necessarily mean we are badly managed.

Please enlighten me.

Yes....it shrivelled up and died due to some of the inane drivel posted on here. A right loada ol squit if you ask me.

With our current squad i think:
1 - Chelski
2 - Arsenal
3 - Man Ure
4 - Liverpool
5 - Newcastle
6 - Boro
7 - Spurs
8 - Villa
9 - Brum
10 - Charlton
11 - Man City
12 - Southampton
13 - Blackburn
14 - Pompey
15 - Norwich
16 - Fulham
17 - Bolton
18 - West Brom
19 - Everton
20 - Palace

I think if we continue to bring in quality players we could easily finish top half. A lot of the teams around us in my predicted table either do not have a lot more quality than us or do not have the team spirit we have.

Believe in us. We''ll surprise a few.

OTBC

No offence pedro but if it''s all a "right loada ol squit" why have you posted 3 times on this thread? If you don''t want to make a sensible or constructive point to a thread, there isn''t much point in posting

methinks:
1 arsenal - again, unless they sell vieira
2 chelsea - mourinho will take time to settle
3 liverpool - as long as benitez doesn''t rotate the squad too much
4 man u - wont play badly but top 3 will be better
5 spurs - theyve made some damn good signings in the last 12 months.
6 boro - ditto
7 brum - er, ditto
8 bolton - confidence should be sky high after last season
9 newcastle - kluivert will be a flop and disrupt things
10 charlton - unless curbishley takes the england job
11 villa - more competition for top half places than last year
12 fulham - chris coleman has found his feet.
13 man city - will struggle at first, but keegan will get the sack and things will change
14 soton - an unimpressive last season. kenton will start playing regularly though
15 pompey - could do better, but infighting will probably sour things
16 norwich - class of hucks and bentley will be deciding factor. no injuries touch wood
17 palace - dowie will see them through...just
18 blackburn - theyve got the quality, but not the manager
19 west brom - they just havent got enough quality
20 everton - a team in disarray. rooney is a poisoned chalice

Don''t worry about offending me dumble. I have posted 3 times on here to make the point that your thread is a poor use of board space and to defend my opinion. I think its constructive, pity you don''t. But then maybe you want the ''Golden Boot'' award for posters this season.

I couldn''t care less about a ''Golden Boot'' posters award (even though there is no such thing!) I come on this site to start and take part in debates, threads and offer views which other city fans might interesting. Some do, some don''t. I don''t mind at all if some people, including yourself, aren''t interested in what I post. But I''d rather you ignored it and debated another thread rather than belittling what I and other people post