Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Doomcasters fan club

wtf was that about yesterday before the match?? 60 people basically kissing doomcasters ar*e after sacking rodent on carrow road. oh he was lapping the attention up..... they were the fools who employed him in the first place and now think we all love them again.

sorry doomcaster, not me.

CTID OTBC.

Doncaster is nearly always in that exact same place, before every match, chatting to fans passing by. For obvious reasons there were more fans than usual talking to him yesterday.

Remarkably, whilst the average age of the protesting ''mob'' on Tuesday night was probably under 20, the couple of dozen fans chatting to Neil on Sat were mostly over 50.

Whether you agree with the board''s policies or not, I think we are lucky to have Neil Doncaster.

I find his weekly column annoying, dull and obvious but what the hell is he supposed to say?

I think any chief executive who will reply to fans emails and calls is very rare and should be appreciated. I dread the day we have a tw*t like Ken Bates at the helm.

I also think that like Delia, and Michael Wynn Jones, his heart is in the right place even if decisions are often mis-guided. He could be earning a hell of a lot more money outside of football.

Fuglestad - lucky to have him? Er? We pay him well for his job as Chief Executive. He also has a few side lines which are associated with the club, namely Eventguard and the company which runs the Official site message board, there maybe others of which I am unaware.

So....nice little earner, NCFC isn''t it?

If you take any of Mr Doncaster''s responses to questions or emails as answers you are very easily pleased. As his post implies, he is responsible for the running of the club, and despite his recent words re Glenn Roeder and the reason for his sacking, he was still backing him until very recently. Sorry if I am being cynical but i think the sight of all those empty seats on Tuesday forced the board into some sort of action.

His heart maybe in the right place, although he''s a club employee, no more no less, he''s only a handful of shares and has made no real investment into the club. He could be replaced tomorrow but suits the majority shareholders, for now.

I am sure he could earn a great deal more elsewhere, but he''s on the shortlist for a job at the FA. We can only hope.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Fuglestad - lucky to have him? Er? We pay him well for his job as Chief Executive. He also has a few side lines which are associated with the club, namely Eventguard and the company which runs the Official site message board, there maybe others of which I am unaware. So....nice little earner, NCFC isn''t it? If you take any of Mr Doncaster''s responses to questions or emails as answers you are very easily pleased. As his post implies, he is responsible for the running of the club, and despite his recent words re Glenn Roeder and the reason for his sacking, he was still backing him until very recently. Sorry if I am being cynical but i think the sight of all those empty seats on Tuesday forced the board into some sort of action. His heart maybe in the right place, although he''s a club employee, no more no less, he''s only a handful of shares and has made no real investment into the club. He could be replaced tomorrow but suits the majority shareholders, for now. I am sure he could earn a great deal more elsewhere, but he''s on the shortlist for a job at the FA. We can only hope.[/quote]

Got to be pretty small minded to resent a guy earning a bob or two. Neil is always happy to meet the fans, as is Roger, before the game. happy to discuss the problems of running the Club. I spoke to Neil, Roger and Mr Wyn Jones before the game on Saturday. That is over half the Board. You cannot beat that for communication. Bet Joe Public does not get to speak to the Chesea owner before the game!.

Bobert, the real question should be is he earning that money? In my opinion he is not, he''s supposedly in charge of strategy and planning and responsible for bringing in investment. When has he done that? We are losing money and have no firm plans (unless they have had made some real progress since the AGM and not announced it). If that makes me small minded then so be it, I would prefer however that the board actually do something to take the club back to where it should be, and that is not where it is at the moment.

Any one of us could stand outside the ground and chat to fans, but are we paid a vast salary to do so? In all of your chats with Doncaster have you honestly learned anything?

The board members you mention may well do the smiles and the chat, but are they doing the business?

Brilliantly argued Gazza.

It is so easy, in this life, to argue or defend the status quo. It takes real leadership and vision to carry an organisation forward. It also means a calculated gamble or risk together with an inspirational board.

I haven''t seen this for a few years and my other fear is that I really don''t think we are very good in negotiation skills particularly for the ourchase or selling of players. Not that i was a particular supporter of Robert Chase but boy could he wheel and deal

[quote user="Bobert"]

Neil is always happy to meet the fans, as is Roger, before the game. happy to discuss the problems of running the Club. I spoke to Neil, Roger and Mr Wyn Jones before the game on Saturday. That is over half the Board. You cannot beat that for communication. Bet Joe Public does not get to speak to the Chesea owner before the game!.

[/quote]

Precisely.  Not so much a board of directors as a tight little clique.  Three others have departed after falling out with members of the aforesaid clique and have not been replaced.  Five is the minimum size allowed under company regulations. 

The Supporters Trust have been trying to get a representative onto the board for years and have bought tens of thousands of pounds of shares.  And why is someone like Gunny not on the board?  He is the current manifestation of Mr Norwich City and has lots of contacts and goodwill in the local community through his charity work and his stint as Sheriff of Norwich.  He could provide a direct link with the football side and a badly needed central focus point that reminds the rest of the board what they''re supposed to be doing and why.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Brilliantly argued Gazza. It is so easy, in this life, to argue or defend the status quo. It takes real leadership and vision to carry an organisation forward. It also means a calculated gamble or risk together with an inspirational board. I haven''t seen this for a few years and my other fear is that I really don''t think we are very good in negotiation skills particularly for the ourchase or selling of players. Not that i was a particular supporter of Robert Chase but boy could he wheel and deal[/quote]

i would say its much easier to be negative and  snipe about everything, not saying gazza does that but some on here do  and can`t even enjoy what was a good win and fantastic afternoon  because they`d rather be complaining [:D]

[quote user="Bobert"]

You cannot beat that for communication. Bet Joe Public does not get to speak to the Chesea owner before the game!.

[/quote]

To address this point separately: this is exactly what concerns me.  Far too many fans are flattered that members of our illustrious board deign to speak to them.   

They spend far, far too much time and energy on winning the propaganda battle and far too little on the club''s core activity.  So concerned are they to get the fans eating out of their hand that they resort to deception and half truths.  We saw that last week: what mattered to them was to convince fans that they hadn''t in fact spoken to the Irish FA despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. 

[quote user="Fuglestad"]Whether you agree with the board''s policies or not, I think we are lucky to have Neil Doncaster.

I find his weekly column annoying, dull and obvious but what the hell is he supposed to say?

I think any chief executive who will reply to fans emails and calls is very rare and should be appreciated. I dread the day we have a tw*t like Ken Bates at the helm.

I also think that like Delia, and Michael Wynn Jones, his heart is in the right place even if decisions are often mis-guided. He could be earning a hell of a lot more money outside of football.[/quote]

He would''ve been sacked two or three times over if he was in any other sector (apart from local government) - his job lets him schmooze for other positions, competition is non existent for all the lovely consultancy gigs he does etc it''s a dream job which still lets him sink a few in the Unthank - he has a remarkably easy life.

[quote user="Bobert"]

You cannot beat that for communication. Bet Joe Public does not get to speak to the Chesea owner before the game!.

[/quote]It''s a fair point but talk is cheap.  I do admire our board in some ways for sticking their head out to be shot at but what is the point of doing that if they don''t actually listen and digest what is being said to them.Munby was on canary call after the game on Saturday and when talking about Roeders sacking he cited the main reason as being the huge divide between Roeder and the fans.  Well the same thing didn''t stop them holding on to Worthington for so long and to be honest I felt that Roeders position became untenable at the AGM if not before, so really I don''t beleive his statement to be the whole truth.  Gazza I feel nailed the reason, the attendance against Charlton.  I really think the board were worried that that match may have been like a straw poll indicator of season ticket renewals and that''s why Roeder went.  I do realise that both do largely amount to the same thing but I am not so sure Roeder would have been given the boot had the board felt renewals were more secure.

[quote user="Saint Canary"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

It''s a fair point but talk is cheap.  I do admire our board in some ways for sticking their head out to be shot at but what is the point of doing that if they don''t actually listen and digest what is being said to them.

Munby was on canary call after the game on Saturday and when talking about Roeders sacking he cited the main reason as being the huge divide between Roeder and the fans.  Well the same thing didn''t stop them holding on to Worthington for so long and to be honest I felt that Roeders position became untenable at the AGM if not before, so really I don''t beleive his statement to be the whole truth.  Gazza I feel nailed the reason, the attendance against Charlton.  I really think the board were worried that that match may have been like a straw poll indicator of season ticket renewals and that''s why Roeder went.  I do realise that both do largely amount to the same thing but I am not so sure Roeder would have been given the boot had the board felt renewals were more secure.
[/quote]

Quite.  The relationship between Roeder and the fans has been at rock bottom for months.  If that was their main concern they could have sacked him several weeks ago and brought in a new man who had time to look over the squad before the transfer window opened. 

[quote user="glove1"]

wtf was that about yesterday before the match?? 60 people basically kissing doomcasters ar*e after sacking rodent on carrow road. oh he was lapping the attention up..... they were the fools who employed him in the first place and now think we all love them again.

CTID OTBC.

[/quote]

MORON ALERT! I was one of the "60" speaking to Doncaster and it was hardly a fan club. I, and the many others, were taking up the opportunity that Mr Doncaster gave us to question him on current NCFC affairs: Worthy approach,Cullum, Boothroyd, Martin & Spillane etc etc!

Where as Imbeciles like you probably decided to waiver that opportunity and just shout abuse when you walk pass! YEAH YOU THE MAN! 

[quote user="glove1"]

CTID OTBC.

[/quote]

What 60 people all taking to him at once?

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Bobert, the real question should be is he earning that money? In my opinion he is not, he''s supposedly in charge of strategy and planning and responsible for bringing in investment. When has he done that? We are losing money and have no firm plans (unless they have had made some real progress since the AGM and not announced it). If that makes me small minded then so be it, I would prefer however that the board actually do something to take the club back to where it should be, and that is not where it is at the moment. Any one of us could stand outside the ground and chat to fans, but are we paid a vast salary to do so? In all of your chats with Doncaster have you honestly learned anything? The board members you mention may well do the smiles and the chat, but are they doing the business?[/quote]

Sorry Gazza but that argument is utter rubbish.  Most clubs lose money, its how much you lose that makes the difference.  Charlton are on target to lose 11.5m this year, that makes our cheif executive more effective than theirs.  So there you go, we dont have the worst one in the league!!

I respect them for sacking the t*at cause it needed doing and few people thought they would do it but your right in saying that they were the planks who wrongfully appointed him in the first place!

That said I''d imagine appointing football managers isn''t an easy task, particularly when getting supposedly expert advice from Dave Stringer which in the last 2 occasions has been well wide of the mark!

The board need to move aside and I''ve said that for over a year now but I''ll never slag them off cause taking away the rubbish managerial appointments they have been mostly good apples for the club!

I''m quite apathetic towards our board at present - they''ve made plenty of mistakes but until the ''white knight'' comes riding up towards Carrow Road they''re all we''ve got, and no matter how haphazard they appear I do think they attempt to act in the best interests of the club, even if the desired outcome has rarely been achieved of late!

However, whilst walking ino the ground and seeing Munby, Wynn Jones (I''ll bet they''re cursing the smoking ban!!) and Doncaster outside the City Stand I can only give them credit for putting themselves there and being prepared to engage with the fans, especially in the current circumstances. Were they expecting praise for sacking Roeder? Critisism for appointing him in the first place? You''d assume a barrage of questions about the next manager at least! Nobody really knows, only the easy option would have been to stay well out of the way, and they didn''t choose to!

Fair play to them all.

Maybe other clubs do lose money Carlos, but do as many continually preside over so many years of failure? So many managers lasting only a year or so? What or rather who is the common factor in all of this. I dread to think what we are on course to lose this year, our Championship status for one. While many clubs such as us have experienced promotion to the Premiership, how many others spent a few million on buying up an old factory and subsequently spending millions on complying with planning permission and building a road?

Can you identify anything positive that Doncaster has brought to this club? Aside of setting up a PR team (and I am trying to be generous here) - what investment has he brought in? What investment has he driven away? His job is to take the club forward and project strategies for a sustainable future and build us into a club who can prosper. Were you there at the AGM when the board admitted they didn''t have a clue what their plans were?

[quote user="Yellow Submarine"][quote user="glove1"]

CTID OTBC.

[/quote]

MORON ALERT! I was one of the "60" speaking to Doncaster and it was hardly a fan club. I, and the many others, were taking up the opportunity that Mr Doncaster gave us to question him on current NCFC affairs: Worthy approach,Cullum, Boothroyd, Martin & Spillane etc etc!

Where as Imbeciles like you probably decided to waiver that opportunity and just shout abuse when you walk pass! YEAH YOU THE MAN! 

[/quote]

I am not a fully paid up member of the NCFC board fan club but i was there on Saturday to listen to what was being said by both the fans and the responses that ND and RM were giving.

What i found offensive was that every now and again mindless idiots who without exception were all of school age shouting obscene remarks as they walked past.

Their mums would have been so proud of them and had Mr Dennis of The Express been hanging around it would have given ammunition for his next article.

agreed tilly.. Doncaster and Munby are not in the street to be abused... ok so you can disagree with them and they probably expect the majority to do so but some pimply school kid swearing at them is just a shame.... can''t these yobs ever grow up?

jas :)

til - i was also listening and yes people were walking past giving doncaster some abuse. my point was lots of people were there were basically on the floor bowing down to the man. i am pleased they got rid of roeder but that was definately over the top shaking his hand and clapping the bloke!!  

and the abuse (not that i am saying it was right) was from all ages not just school kids.

Never thought I would see the words Doomcaster-fan- club in the same sentence.

Unless it was club (hits) Doomcasters Fan.

Well done that man for doing and stating the Bl***ing obvious!