Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

I don't want Gunn either, but...

My instinct is certainly no to Gunn, but having read what Cureton said about him it did make me wonder just for a second.

Football management is 80% man management and 20% tactics. Or maybe 70-30. The very best managers are brilliant man managers who know how to get the best out of their players. Ferg, Mourinho, O''Neill. Granted those managers are fine tacticians but there''s no reason to assume that Gunn doesn''t have some tactical awareness. If he had the job to the end of the season we''d find out. And our last truly successful manger was a keeper!

From what i''ve heard and having played under Ferg, he could be a great man manager of the sort we''ve not had in many years. I''m still against i think, but i wouldn''t want to lose him. I would like him to be number 2 to someone like Curbishley. Number 2 to someone like Roeder is a waste of time because he would just ignore him anyway!

Since watching Canaries World lunchtime (Got it again Mr C!) and seeing the players close up reactions to Gunny, I''m umming over my original thoughts.

He''d be better than Ince for sure.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Since watching Canaries World lunchtime (Got it again Mr C!) and seeing the players close up reactions to Gunny, I''m umming over my original thoughts.

[/quote]

Wiz in changing of mind shocker!!!![;)]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Wiz in changing of mind shocker!!!![;)]

[/quote]

Hang on CT its not changed...........yet![;)]

Football management is 80% man management and 20% tactics. Or maybe 70-30.Now nearly all Championship teams use loan players then contacts with Premiership clubs probably makes up 10% of whether a manager is a success or not. Having Ferguson call you personally before your first game in charge is surely a big help in this..Also from Wikipedia (!):In February 2007, Gunn moved back into Football becoming ''Club liaison'' for NCFC.

He will be involved in discussions over possible transfers and loan

signings, giving the Manager more time with the first team squad.
Does this mean he could have been involved with the signings of Clingan and Hoolahan?Can''t see any harm in letting him have a few more games to show the last result wasn''t a fluke.

[/quote]When you saw Jamie Lad was backing him it changed everything

[/quote]Yes, a caretaker manager can prove his long-term worth after one game.  Just like John Deehan winning his first game when Walker left the first time... or Gary Megson...Get a grip, people!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]Yes, a caretaker manager can prove his long-term worth after one game.  Just like John Deehan winning his first game when Walker left the first time... or Gary Megson...Get a grip, people![/quote]But those who would like to see Gunny get the job are not judging that opinion on his one single victory, they are judging it on his character, his personality, his football experience, his life experience, his skill as a communicator, his man-management qualities, his ability to listen to others around him, his love of Norwich City and his ability to bring this broken club together.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]
When you saw Jamie Lad was backing him it changed everything
[/quote]

Touche Mr Bump.[:|]