Sign in to follow this  
Bernard  Futter

THE NEW MANAGER - WHAT A LASH UP!

It is so predictable that the Board will make yet another lash up with the managerial appointment - incredibly, it will be their sixth in a row* - that I thought I''d better minute my displeasure early.* In a list that includes Rioch, Hamilton, Grant, Roeder and Worthington and no, I don''t think the latter overall was a good appointment either - one lucky season and tactically inept, he had no idea how he''d achieved it!

You don''t win the league through luck mate!!

Not to mention his playoff season, or the one in between which wasn''t bad.

Why would you criticise the board before they have even made an appointment anyway?? Well Done.

So WWLB, you really think with a record like that, that they actually deserve the benefit of the doubt?As I''ve pointed out before, even experienced HR professionals don''t get it right every time, but even if we use your gloss on events, 1/5 is an abject strike rate.I really do hope that lightening strikes this time but the portents are hardly encouraging!

Who would you suggest then Bernard? Wenger? Benitez? Maybe Scolari? FFS! Its people like you who just like to moan about everything this club does! Even premiership clubs make mistakes thats why managers are being sacked all the time.

Exactly worthy was a very good choice of manager, he took us from one season just surviving relegation to the next getting in the playoff final, then two years later to the premiership. Yes it started going wrong at the end of his reign and he may have over stayed his welcome, and another choice rioch i think was unlucky. Grant was a risk that didn''t pay off, and Hamilton and Roeder wer poor choices. We can''t keep criticising the board for every little mistake they make