Sign in to follow this  
Morph

Should a supporters representative be on the managerial interview panel?

Just a thought this morning with all the discussion continuing here on the message board over possible appointments.Some candidates seem to split the populous down the middle (Ince) whilst others have a more generous following (Boothroyd, Robins). So should there be a representative from the supporters invited by the board to be involved with the discussions of a new manager?And if so, who?Discuss.

[quote user="Morph"]Just a thought this morning with all the discussion continuing here on the message board over possible appointments.

Some candidates seem to split the populous down the middle (Ince) whilst others have a more generous following (Boothroyd, Robins). So should there be a representative from the supporters invited by the board to be involved with the discussions of a new manager?

And if so, who?

Discuss.
[/quote]

your just hoping that they would come straight on here and post inside knowledge! know what you mean, good idea, but will never happen. i think the board will have a good idea of supporter opinion anyway so shouldnt think they will need some one sat there telling them

No, because if this board is anything to go by, most of us don''t even know who we want as manager - whoever gets appointed, they''re going to get slated by Wiz anyway.... [:P]

Should a supporters representative be on the managerial interview panel?

I think we should get a member of the SCG to help [;)]

Have to decide which group of supporters don''t you? Certainly don''t want Wizard and his mob speaking for me!

[quote user="Bobert"]Have to decide which group of supporters don''t you? Certainly don''t want Wizard and his mob speaking for me![/quote]

Likewise you for me Bobert![:|]

This is not a bad shout given that the board admitted fan power was what got rid of Roeder. 

Unfortunately as they are interviewing at the moment think it might be a bit late.

[quote user="Morph"]Just a thought this morning with all the discussion continuing here on the message board over possible appointments.Some candidates seem to split the populous down the middle (Ince) whilst others have a more generous following (Boothroyd, Robins). So should there be a representative from the supporters invited by the board to be involved with the discussions of a new manager?And if so, who?Discuss.[/quote]This is the last thing the club should do.  This next managerial appointment is crucial and the last thing we need is for emotions and sentiment to get in the way of making the right choice.

Whilst not on the interview panel, a fan as independent observer would have been a great idea. I am sure many of us would have loved the job, but the secrecy would have been difficult. Perhaps a sanitised account afterwards.

This is a bit of a tangent to my starting post, but is there supporters representation on the board at the moment or not? If there is, how representative of the populous is that person(s)?And Fillet I don''t disagree with what you say - opinion is very divided here in the forum and the number of posters on here can only be a small fraction of the supporting populous. My own preference is Curbishley.

[quote user="Morph"]Just a thought this morning with all the discussion continuing here on the message board over possible appointments.

Some candidates seem to split the populous down the middle (Ince) whilst others have a more generous following (Boothroyd, Robins). So should there be a representative from the supporters invited by the board to be involved with the discussions of a new manager?

And if so, who?

Discuss.
[/quote]

Definitely. I suggest that NCISA would be the best to represent us, as they have put the Board on the spot in the past.

If that''s not acceptable, I''ll do it!