Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Ched to Celtic!

Gutted! An absolute steal for Celtic.A young lad whose stock can only rise.It''s not as if we don''t all know what he''s capable of and I know we probably couldn''t afford his wages sob, sob etc.But if we could have purchased him for the £1.2m and paid him say £1m pa for a three year contract that''s a total outlay of £4.2m inc wages.Use him the remainder of this season and all of next season and see how much an international striker with 15-20 goals in the Champs and 18 months left on his contract is worth then. More than the £3m he''d have cost us by then cost us I''d wager.Add Ched to our team and I''m positive we would survive relegation comfortably.

If this is true, I''m gutted. 1.2m is a steal and its a sad fact that we cant muster that amount of money together any more. It''s also sad to see the quality of striker decline over the last few seasonsAshton > Earnshaw > Cureton > ?

I do''t think it''s just a question of the £1.2million - most players would probably see a move to Celtic as a better career move than the championship - European football etc.

Express Sport understands that another Championship club made an

approach earlier this week but were told that a deal with the SPL

champions had already been agreed.any ideas who tha might have been? ;)