Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Where do YOU sit?

I was just wondering where posters sit when they go to Fortress Carrow Road? Me personally, I sit in the Upper Barclay middle block. I love my seat. Next year will be my 11th year as a season ticket holder and 8th in this seat. It''s got a great mix of good atmosphere from the Lower Barclay, snakepit and (towards the end of last season) new stand and a superb view. Also over the years myself and my dad, whom I go with, have got to know the people who sit around us, so we can share banter nicely! Although I''ve always fancied the Lower Barclay for the standing and atmosphere (and hope to make it downstairs one day!) I still love my seat!

Apologies to those posters who don''t have a season ticket or who are exiled for this thread. So to you- Where do you try to sit when you do come and where do you like to sit? You never know, we might find that some posters sit close to each other!

DDiM maybe you should say hello to me on the first day of the season, I will be selling Golden Goal tickets again in the Upper Barclay.

See you there

Spawn

This season, my daughter and I, will be mainly sitting in the lower barclay, block A - 3rd season running.

River End sorry N&P, must give the sponsors their recognition, lower tier area TL, and no bloody atmosphere. Hopefully there will be an improvement this year.

I also sit near the D block tunnel in the lower barclay - on the Jarrold stand side. This will be my 12th season ticket year in that area - had a seat move a few rows back about 9 years ago!!

Also in The Barclay Upper, have been for several years now. By my calculations, with the moving of the pitch, should be almost directly behind the goal ! Originally was a season ticket holder in The City Stand before a few years in the wilderness (early 80''s). After that was a regular on the River End before and after it became all seater. (Oh the joys of arriving early to find a good place on the terrace until some six foot six inch lampost came and stood in front of you at five to three !) Stood once in The ''Old'' Barclay against Man Utd in the Cup (won 2-1) when me & my father had to resort to buying tickets from a spiv outside the ground. Yep, those were the days when you could pay at the turnstile ! (It wasn''t that long ago !) Have also sat in The ''Old'' South Stand once in a League game against Reading when the Barclay was full. So therefore have done all four sides but guess I am not alone in that ?

City (morgue) Stand, Wensum Wing about half way up on the end of a row. Plenty of leg room even though, at my height, I don''t need it! I''m the one making most of the noise in my area, surprise, surprise!

Is someone compiling a profile of all posters by stealth.

First we had ''what do you do?'', then ''Where do you live?'', Now ''Where do you sit?''.

Its almost like reading ''Focus On'' from ''Shoot'' in the 70s.

I sit in the Barclay Upper (with my 2 sons, father and brother).

My favourite food is curry.

My most memorable match was Beetley vs Great Massingham 1997.

My dislikes are :- Everton, vandalism, wasps, slugs and travellers.

My favourite tv progs are Coupling, Father Ted, League of Gentleman.

Funny you should ask that as our new forums will have a profile section where you can add a biography, as well as a little picture.

Nope, I''ve sat everywhere in the ground too - well, except the executive boxes and the like.....started off in the old South Stand, then moved to the River End (when it was still terrace), sat in all areas of the City Stand, sat in the Snakepit, recently had a season ticket in Row A Block D Upper Barclay, have sat right across the Lower Barclay, and even sat with the Preston fans in the Jarrold last game of last season.........exiled now, will take a ticket anywhere I can get one!!

Lower Barclay E block. Row U, seat 116. Wouldn''t swap it for anywhere, have sat in lots of different places over the years but block E is where its at!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTBC

i sit in the snake pit, back row underneath the radio norfolk box, which is quite kool as u watch replays on the tv in there and get to read chris gorams notes! lol

pottsy

you sit ever so near my son, you must be a right hooligan!!! lol

i sit in the lower barclay, block C about half way back in the middle, great seat, but the people around us are mainly causals, so haven''t really got to know anyone yet, still i don''t really care where i sit (and stand when the opportunity arises!) as long as i see the games

Back row of the City Stand level with the 18 yard box at the River End. The best thing about this seat is that the row in front is reserved for the away team for players that haven''t made the bench. So hopefully we''ll get the chance to wind up a few names this season.

I don''t have a wife, Bayern Eunuch! I could give details of my cat and my cricket team though, just for the women posters!

Nowhere - as an exile I''m mainly an away & armchair supporter nowadays, though it pains me to say it. Always went in the snake pit by choice, in the days when you used to be able to get tickets for home games. Cootey is a Bloater.

4th row up
4th seat across
row p
river end

Upper Barclay block A, just got my season ticket through at the weekend and I''m very, very excited!! Keep it low

me and ''mrs salp'' right on the halfway line in the new stand - got our new cards for the season, but still waiting for tickets against the spanish : why is it such a worry every time? !!!