Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Nigel still hopeful on Primus...

That''s what I like about Nigel. He keeps his cards close to his chest and never gives up. Nigel said yesterday that until Primus has confirmed he is staying at Portsmouth, the door is always open for him here.

A bit strange that although all the signs show that Primus is going to stay, he still hasn´´t signed the new contract.

That because the meeting was not until Thursday and without knowing what each party was going to agree to I suppose they now need to draw the new contract up. I think this is now a dead duck and with only two weeks to go until the new season I would prefer Worthy to now concentrate on the other targets that he has allegedly got in mind. I still firmly believe that we need at least another two ''quality'' players in order to at least have a chance of sustaining ourselves in the Premier. I know we all wear greeen an yellow tinted glasses and all believe we will stay up but so have all the other teams fans that have been relegated. I still believe that our squad is not good enough in depth and quality and with Hux out for goodness knows how long and Saffri now out injured again for goodness knows how long that is two players that are needed. I hope Worthy does not linger on theis Primus thing until two or three days prior to the start of the season. Also what about this target man that we are all talking about. Again we have heard nothing on the Scowcroft deal and there again we need to get our act together and get something sorted.

Maybe I am just worrying unnecessarily but this is our one shot at the big time in the last 10 years and I dont want us to cock it up.

This will he, won''t he malarky is getting a bit tedious, non?

I''m just looking forward to a Nige Surprise next week - as if from nowhere a nice looking signing shows up. Much better than all this ponderation over Primus.

Trust in Worthy, for we are not worthy...

Look, I know I nearly choked to death, having to eat my wand over Helveg signing for us. But if we sign Primus, I''ll eat my bloody pointy hat as well!.