Sign in to follow this  
Erik Fuglestad

Who is ian crook?

what a plum, do you know anything about NCFC recent history? well i think you have already answered that.

Even a binner would know who Chippy is. 

Especially since he almost signed for them in 1997 when things were at rock bottom here - pen poised over the contract, then the phone goes - "Mike Walker''s back at Carrow Road" - Chippy drops pen in disgust and flees for his life back up the A140 . . . legend!!

[:D]

[quote user="BarclayBoyPete"]???[/quote]

You have just given your age away.Is that the truancy officer i can hear ringing your door bell? I hope mum is not at work so you don''t have to answer the door.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

Even a binner would know who Chippy is. 

Especially since he almost signed for them in 1997 when things were at rock bottom here - pen poised over the contract, then the phone goes - "Mike Walker''s back at Carrow Road" - Chippy drops pen in disgust and flees for his life back up the A140 . . . legend!!

[:D]

[/quote]my favourite anti ipswich thing ever, closely followed by the penalty that was and then wasn''t in the local derby!!!

Jesus, give him a break. He asked a simple question and you''re all getting on his back. So what if he doesn''t know? It''s unlikely he would if he was about 15.

Indeed - Pete is presumably a teenager, and by asking that question making me feel old. Not his fault if he''s never seen or heard of the guy.

But you have to tell us how old you are first before you are officially excused!!!

If you look at some of his other posts today it is quite clear he is a scummer! Go back to your Mum/Sister/Cousin, who is one and the same, whoever she is.

[quote user="National express super guard "]I''m 27, but I know who kevin keelan, ken nethercott, terry bly, graham paddon amongst countless others are. it''s called being a fan
[/quote]

Give it a rest - you sound like Munby with his yellow and green blood nonsense. Since when does every fan have to have ''the knowledge'' about Norwich? I''m sure he knows enough about the current team to support us today. And probably a fair bit about our history - just maybe not every player.

I''m 32 and knew precious little about the 59ers until the last few years when more has been made of their heroics in the lead up to the centenary. I''m sure when i''m 70 and my username is "Huckerby rules'' or something, there will be teenagers on here to whom it means absolutely nothing. I''ll try not to respond like you do when they ask me who he is.

Half centenary that is!

Oh, and may i be the first to actually answer the question, albeit lazily, courtesty of wikipedia...

Ian Crook was at the hub of the most successful team in Norwich''s history. During his eleven seasons at the club, he helped them to a series of top five finishes in England''s top division and playing in the club''s UEFA Cup run. He was a midfielder noted for his passing ability and accuracy from set-pieces. He famously agreed to leave Norwich to join their fierce rivals Ipswich Town F.C., even posing for photos with his new shirt, buying his children replica kits before changing his mind and re-signing for City days later. This was due to former Norwich manager Mike Walker taking over the helm at Carrow Road.

Ipswich Town F.C. took it to court. The local newspaper Evening Star carried the headline "Get out of Town Crook and take that man Walker with you".

In 1997, he was signed by Eddie Thomson for Sanfrecce Hiroshima. He left the club in May 1998 and transferred to Northern Spirit FC.

In 2002, Norwich fans voted Crook into the Norwich City F.C. Hall of Fame. In September of the same year he played at Carrow Road in the club''s centenary match against Harwich & Parkeston F.C..

[quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="National express super guard "]I''m 27, but I know who kevin keelan, ken nethercott, terry bly, graham paddon amongst countless others are. it''s called being a fan[/quote]

Give it a rest - you sound like Munby with his yellow and green blood nonsense. Since when does every fan have to have ''the knowledge'' about Norwich? I''m sure he knows enough about the current team to support us today. And probably a fair bit about our history - just maybe not every player.

I''m 32 and knew precious little about the 59ers until the last few years when more has been made of their heroics in the lead up to the centenary. I''m sure when i''m 70 and my username is "Huckerby rules'' or something, there will be teenagers on here to whom it means absolutely nothing. I''ll try not to respond like you do when they ask me who he is.

[/quote]a1 - While your sentiment and opinion are very valid, the OP is simply a troll posting the thread in an attempt to annoying and irritate, unfortunatly he has succeeded in getting a few people.People, in future please don''t feed the trolls!

Chippy!!!!!!

LEGEND!

Best passer of the ball our club has ever had! Even better than Fotheringham!!!!!!!!!

tbf it does give it away in his name barclayBOYpete, so forgive him for his ignorance.

however even my 16yr old brother knows who chippy is! so i''d get researching mate, and don''t ask questions like this unless you expect to be verbally crucified!