Sign in to follow this  
Green&Yellow Fan

pablo wanchope

i reckon( is that better jed) ncfc are after Pablo wanchope cause on football transfers .com norwich are in talks with man city and he is a big target man what do u guys think

Porkchope has had temprament problems in the past and wouldnt stand out as a player NW would chase. Also, he is not the target man I would have hoped for - his reputation is built on his dribbling and shooting skills, not his ability to hold the ball up.

I am prepared to be proven wrong however...

Maybe if they want someone to assault the bolboys mid match it maybe a good idea (ncfc v mcfc - 1st game of 2001/02 season barclay end) but otherwise I would leave well alone.

For anyone needing a reminder...

Evening News, January 14, 2002

A CANARY ball boy who accused Manchester City star Paulo Wanchope of assault said today he has finally forgiven the player after meeting him at Maine Road.

Stuart Frohawk shook hands with Wanchope after the player gave his family of five free tickets to the match against Norwich after an incident at Carrow Road in August.

The 15-year-old said it was "scary" suddenly finding himself next to Wanchope again and admitted he had hoped he would be pampered more.

But he said the star treatment he and his mother Janet did receive had made up for the incident at Carrow Road.

Stuart said he had been taken out on the Maine Road pitch to meet Wanchope again on more friendly terms.

"Meeting him was good although I had thought there was going to be more of a fuss made out of us and that I would be introduced to some of the Norwich City players," he said.

"I really liked that bit of the day and it has made up for everything that happened I have forgiven Wanchope now."

Mum Janet, 47, was more star-struck about meeting Jeff Hordley who plays Cain Dingle in Emmerdale and is an avid Man City fan. "It was a great day," she added. "We were treated well and we saw lots of celebrities so it did feel special."

The youngster had claimed the city star lashed out at him while he was trying to retrieve the ball during a fixture on August 18. Stuart said he was left with bruising on his throat and feeling sick and dizzy.

Police launched an investigation into the incident but later confirmed they would not press charges.

I think he would be a good signing , bags of prem experience and knows where the goal is. Also played with Hucks before when they were promoted and scored more than 40 goals between them. My only reservation is his age.

Nasty peice of work, remember that ball boy incident, picking on little kiddies. Not Nigel''s type of player at all. Also not really a target man despite his height. Think we''re clutching at straws a bit here. Worthy will think of something. Sutton would be a dream signing. But I fear wages would be a problem, and I think he could probably move to a second tier Premiership side. Let''s hope I''m wrong