Sign in to follow this  
Sing Up The South Stand

Official :It's... Gunn, Deehan, Crook

pathetic slagging off a manager before he does anything, did you note the until of the end of the season if gunn  is wrong for the club then at least we aren''t stuck with more compensation on someone who takes us down to league one.  I think the board did the only sensible thing who knows what will happen in the summer but this is a sensible appointment.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Simple question - will Norwich EVER get in a proper, established manager in our lifetimes, or will we always get ex-players, and second choices?
[/quote]

Not whilst the current jokers are in charge of it!

Listening to Mumby was painful..he does not have a SINGLE clue what he is on about and it''s so bl**dy obvious!

More I think about this the more excited I am about it.Chippy deals with tactics and coaching.  Deehan brings his experience as a number 2.  Gunny is a legend who won''t let us down, and will get that over to the players.Let''s do this, right behind them.

I can live with this team...Ian Crook will show our players how to play good football no doubt about that whatsoever...just watch how the same players under Roeder will now be so motivated under Gunny..just as Saturday.

GOOD LUCK.

"Untested"? - Gunn has character, with his daughter''s death and many other areas where he has impressed - if he lacks hands on experience there are others to advise."Inexperienced"? - Gunn knows NCFC as well as anyone, would any other ex-manager who took over and had been to one or two clubs in lower divisions have more relevant experience?He is thoroughly known by the Board, who have been able to see his human qualities over several years. They are not buying an unknown as they would be for several other applicants - they got it wrong with the experienced Roeder and they got it wrong with others who had experience.At least two former managers and Iwan have suggested Gunny, and their views have to be respected.Nothing is certain in football, and the new team could fail, but so have the last three or four teams of management.He may not be your choice, but give him a chance and support the club. Above all don''t act in pique because you wanted Martin O''Neil, Sir Alex or Scolari.

Everyone keeps banging on about Chippy.If he was any good he would be doing a Bowen somewhere,  the fact he has been in total obscurity for ten years should tell you what the reality is.[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]More I think about this the more excited I am about it.Chippy deals with tactics and coaching.  Deehan brings his experience as a number 2.  Gunny is a legend who won''t let us down, and will get that over to the players.Let''s do this, right behind them.[/quote]

I wasn''t aware he was in obscurity.  As far as I knew he was building quite a reputation.  But fine, let''s grab the pitchforks and march!

[quote user="renegade tootsie"] the fact he has been in total obscurity for ten years should tell you what the reality is.][/quote]

Been to Oz? Its fantastic. I''m sure people regard living in Norwich as more obscure than Sydney LOL

I''m actually quite excited by this appointment. I also think it was a smart move by the board to make it til the end of the season too incase things don''t work out.