Sign in to follow this  
Nr Yarmouth Yella

Is this actually a stroke of Genius ??

I think that the board have actually pulled of a bit of a sly move here. Roeder was a PR disaster and most people hated him but he may have been a good coach.

With this appointment we get a manager who is extremely popular, good with the press and has a few connections. I feel that Gunn is the front man to be the "face of NCFC". In Chippy we have an experienced manager who lets be honest lots of us wanted before this appointment to do the work behind the scenes. I am really warming to this idea the more i mull it over.

I am looking forward to Southampton now.......OTBC !!

I agree with you and it was a good move getting chippy back to coach the team. They will have lots of respect from the players.

These guys will be doing their utmost to steer this club forward that''s for sure.

Thats an excellent point, which I agree with. The key man is going to be Chippy, probably the best passer of the ball we''ve seen play in the Yellow & Green. And Gunny is probably the best front man, with first class PR skills we''ve had at Carrow Rd. Add to that the Deehan factor, and theres a complete package. OK, perhaps less expensive then most of the other names in the frame, but so what! That can be a positive. Its one of those situations where you need to sit back, and reflect for a few moments, before hitting the keyboard with the negative things, which we see all too often on here.

Wouldn''t call it a stroke of genius but certainly think you have a good point here.

After initially being underwhelmed I think Crook could be a breath of fresh air into the club and Gunny is as you say more of a confidence building, club uniting front man. If Crook manages like he played then we should see an expansive attacking, passing game.

Time will tell but if it goes well I see Crooky taking the role full time in the Summer.

I don''t think this a stroke of genius by a long shot, it could turn out to be a shrewd choice in the long run or it could be a disaster in the short-term, only time will tell.  One thing you can be sure of though is that any genuine city fan will desperately want a bona fide City legend (and local hero) like Gunn to succeed.  Given his success here as a player (as part of the best City team in my lifetime) and his personal story it could well be a fairytale story for City and Gunn.  This however is where my biggest reservation surfaces.  Lack of experience etc aside, I do worry about the boards motives on this.  Have they really picked who they feel is the best man from the available candidates, or have they gone for a City hero and icon just to placate the fans?

I''m really looking forward to Southampton now, it could fail but for whatever reason wether it''s blind faith and optimism i can see this new team doing a good job.