Sign in to follow this  
Attleborough_Canary

The Divide

OK, we have had plenty of time to discuss the managerial appointment at our club, people have expressed their views over and over again. Now the appointment has been made do you not think that it''s time to get behind the team and manager 100%?  We all love Gunny, and some may be right in saying that he isn''t experienced enough etc etc but I for one would love nothing more than to see him succeed and I am sure that there is not one single person on here who wants him to fall flat on his face. It''s time for people to stop the criticism, close the divide, and play our part in getting OUR club out of this mess!

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]OK, we have had plenty of time to discuss the managerial appointment at our club, people have expressed their views over and over again. Now the appointment has been made do you not think that it''s time to get behind the team and manager 100%?  We all love Gunny, and some may be right in saying that he isn''t experienced enough etc etc but I for one would love nothing more than to see him succeed and I am sure that there is not one single person on here who wants him to fall flat on his face. It''s time for people to stop the criticism, close the divide, and play our part in getting OUR club out of this mess![/quote]

i cant do it sorry, this appointment has made me so angry, i just cant believe it

I do agree with you...BUt we have never had such an opportunity to appoint a manager who could have taken us forward..instead the board bottled it and went for someone they are on friendly terms with!

Come the summer all the decent available managers will be in jobs elsewhere!

[quote]

I do agree with you...BUt we have never had such an opportunity to appoint a manager who could have taken us forward..instead the board bottled it and went for someone they are on friendly terms with!

Come the summer all the decent available managers will be in jobs elsewhere!

[/quote]

I may be ignorant but, whatever manager you appoint is a gamble. OK this one has higher stakes but safe appointments are what the majority of people criticise and in realistic terms, the other candidates were hardly nailed on success stories were they?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]OK, we have had plenty of time to discuss the managerial appointment at our club, people have expressed their views over and over again. Now the appointment has been made do you not think that it''s time to get behind the team and manager 100%?  We all love Gunny, and some may be right in saying that he isn''t experienced enough etc etc but I for one would love nothing more than to see him succeed and I am sure that there is not one single person on here who wants him to fall flat on his face. It''s time for people to stop the criticism, close the divide, and play our part in getting OUR club out of this mess![/quote]

i cant do it sorry, this appointment has made me so angry, i just cant believe it

[/quote]

OK, boo the team, boo the board, boo Gunny and we are certs for league 1. I understand that you dislike the boards decision, but Bryan Gunn deserves the support of EVERYONE connected to the club!

What ever your opinion as to who should of been manager - if you love your club we now have to stand together behind the management and team and give them our ful support to take us to safety - if you cannot accept this then your only choice is go and support someone else - its pretty simple

[quote user="lincoln canary"]i cant do it sorry, this appointment has made me so angry, i just cant believe it[/quote]It''s statements and attitudes like this that has an adverse effect on the club and players.Instantly getting on the new managers back and giving out nothing but negativity is not going to help things at all.It shouldn''t matter if you agree with the appointment or not, surely your first thought should be supporting the club to help us stay up this season, not doing all you can to ruin the atmosphere and narrow our chances further.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

OK, boo the team, boo the board, boo Gunny and we are certs for league 1. I understand that you dislike the boards decision, but Bryan Gunn deserves the support of EVERYONE connected to the club!

[/quote]

So where has Lincoln said that he will ''boo the team'' or ''keep slagging them off''?? Seems that he is not allowed to have a different opinon to you then? For what its''s worth, I agree with him. Let''s just  hope he / I (and a hell of a lot of others) are''nt proved right come seasons end eh?   

Alot of people are unhappy with the appointment of Gunn. But I am sure nobody will be booing and all will be right behind Gunn and the team hoping that it works out for the best.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"]So where has Lincoln said that he will ''boo the team'' or ''keep slagging them off''?? Seems that he is not allowed to have a different opinon to you then? For what its''s worth, I agree with him. Let''s just  hope he / I (and a hell of a lot of others) are''nt proved right come seasons end eh?   [/quote]In many ways apathy is just as disruptive and deliberate hostility.Having the team play in a stadium that''s either resounding with boo''s, or is alternatively a morgue, will do nothing to get them playing well, whereas actually giving some positivity and support to the side, even if you''re not keen on the appointment could help make the difference between staying up and getting relegated.We''re not asking people like yourself and Lincoln to agree with the appointment, but to simply accept that there''s nothing that can be done now but get behind the team and hope all goes to plan, because sure as hell, negativity and lack of support WILL NOT HELP.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Attleborough_Canary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So where has Lincoln said that he will ''boo the team'' or ''keep slagging them off''?? Seems that he is not allowed to have a different opinon to you then? For what its''s worth, I agree with him. Let''s just  hope he / I (and a hell of a lot of others) are''nt proved right come seasons end eh?   

[/quote]

Where have I said he is not allowed a differing opinion or is it that I am not allowed a differing opinion??

As for the booing comment, read all of Lincoln''s posts today and it will become pretty obvious that he really will in no way get behind the team, board or management. It is also obvious that if all SUPPORTERS had the same attitude as him (and I guess you), refer to quote

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

the place will be littered with boos or silence and we will be certainties for league 1. IN MY OPINION if we get behind them and SUPPORT them we will get out of this mess.