Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

Players

Ultimately our survival is down to the players .

With the right coaching and tactics, are we good enough to stay up?

[quote user="CT "]

Definitely!

We''re far too inconsistent though

[/quote]

Is the inconsistency down to poor players or poor coaching though?

[quote user="McCanary"][quote user="CT "]

Definitely!

We''re far too inconsistent though

[/quote]

Is the inconsistency down to poor players or poor coaching though?

[/quote]

Definitely the coaching. It shows that when the crowd increase the noise, the players can turn it on. If they were rubbish (as under Grant) they wouldn''t be able too. Wolves and Ipswich at home? The fans wanted them and the players responded. Likewise Barnsley. Chippy could end up being a more important appointment than Gunny on that score.

I have got to say that, having been to 5 away matches (I can''t get to home games), my conclusion was that Roeder was an unlucky manager. We won 1 of those 5 matches and lost 4 but having been to all five I had no doubts that we shouldn''t have lost any of them. So, my view is that the squad is good enough to go up and I am confident that the new management team will bring out the best in the players - plus there will inevitably be additions, including perhaps a big striker and central defender from Australia. I don''t know when their season starts and finishes but Ian Crook will surely have already made a list of target Aussie players. In addition, JD will have a few cards up his sleeve. I for one am looking forward with newfound confidence to the coming weeks and months.

Spot on, think we have the quality in places (Croft, Marshall, Clingan etc) but think our squad is too small to compete in the Champ.

Also like the idea of a couple of Aussie bruisers coming in or some of the ex-pat greeks and croatians etc who play over their.  The next Viduka would be nice!

[quote user="rjwc22"]

Spot on, think we have the quality in places (Croft, Marshall, Clingan etc) but think our squad is too small to compete in the Champ.

Also like the idea of a couple of Aussie bruisers coming in or some of the ex-pat greeks and croatians etc who play over their.  The next Viduka would be nice!

[/quote]

The next Viduka would need two seats on the plane to get here and would have already been heard of as World''s Fattest Child! I''d settle for the next Tim Cahill or Lucas Neill though. 

[quote user="rjwc22"]Was thinking more the new old Viduka as it were 1999 Celtic era.[/quote]

Back before he discovered Burger King! Yeah, to be fair, if he wasn''t the size of a house he''d be a much better player and I''d be delighted to have a 22 year old slimline version on board.Stick out tongue [:P]

Just out of interest, I watched Sky Sports'' Hyundai A-league program on Sky Sports 3.

Made good watching. Their really were some good players on show, and hopefully if we can grab some of them, we can bolster the squad for low prices.

I wouldnt be surprised if we got some other Aussies in, people like Adrian Leijer from Fulham or Ryan McGowan from Hearts...

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="rjwc22"]Was thinking more the new old Viduka as it were 1999 Celtic era.[/quote]

Back before he discovered Burger King! Yeah, to be fair, if he wasn''t the size of a house he''d be a much better player and I''d be delighted to have a 22 year old slimline version on board.Stick out tongue [:P]

[/quote]

Yeah, to be fair Viduka is/was a quality player. Probably only injuries/fitness problems stopped him playing at the very top for longer than he has. Certainly a player with a lot of ability.