Sign in to follow this  
ca

''OFFICIAL THREAD'' TO DISCUSS OUR NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM

My initial reaction was disappointment due to the build up and my concerns about Gunny''s experience, but during the course of the day I''ve been getting steadily more excited about it. A lot of that is down to Chippy''s involvement. He was a magnificent player and a lovely lad who''ll go down well in the dressing room. Dixie was another of my favourite players and was, in my view, unlucky as manager, in that Chase pulled the rug from under him by selling key players to keep the bank happy. It really could work, and I think that if a bit of momentum builds it will carry everyone along.

The irony is that I think that the board have got it right, but by accident. As many have said they have taken the cheap and easy option, and I certainly agree that if it goes wrong they will be the ones turned upon. I have tried to keep an open mind on them but have to accept that they really are as clueless as many have been saying for some time. However, for the moment I''m revelling in the feeling of actually looking forward with huge anticipation to the next game!

I can''t believe some of the crap that is posted on here! I''m obviously swimming against the tide here because i''m right behind the apointments. What do you people want ffs, according to the general opinion on here Worthington lost the dressing room, ditto Grant and double ditto Roeder, well it seems to me pretty clear that the players wanted Gunny to get the job, infact they seem to be as happy as a pig in the brown stuff so wheres your problem there. Yes it is probably the cheap option but to be honest i wasn''t grabbed by any of the names being put about, Ince no thanks, Boothroyd one good season and doesn''t seem to be held in high regard by many Watford fans, Dowie, Colin Calderwood well thats slit your wrist time!

I love this club to bits but last Tuesday i couldn''t bring myself to care before during or after the game. I was so f**ked off with Roeder and his f**king geordie mafia that i''d lost all heart in it. It was bloody clear when he brought in Adam Saddler or whatever his name was that Roeder didnt have a bloody clue. I think his next brainwave was changing our colours to black and white stripes for next season. Gunny, Chippy and Dixie are true NCFC legends up there with the best of them. How many of you on here who are slatting the apointment were singing Bryan whats the score on Saturday, i was and it brought back brilliant memories of standing in the Barclay singing it twenty odd years ago and thats what i want, Norwich people at this club. People who i think care as much as i do and thats what we''ve got now and i couldn''t feel more different to how i felt last Tuesday. And on a practical note i think Gunny has already made not only a brilliant emotional descision by bringing Crook and Deehan but a sound tactical one. Crook was a football genius, true we dont really know how good a coach he is but i would think a bloody good one and Dixie was a brilliant no.2 to Walker and to be honest a much better manager than he''s being given credit for on here. This club went into meltdown after Walker packed his bags but Deehan got it together and got us to 6th in the prem when many circumstances started going against him, wise up he was not a crap manager and his experiance will be crucial to this working. This has put the passion and the heart back into this club for me so ffs get behing them and the team and lets get out of the shit Roeder got us in!

[quote user="Shaker"]

I can''t believe some of the crap that is posted on here! I''m obviously swimming against the tide here because i''m right behind the apointments. What do you people want ffs, according to the general opinion on here Worthington lost the dressing room, ditto Grant and double ditto Roeder, well it seems to me pretty clear that the players wanted Gunny to get the job, infact they seem to be as happy as a pig in the brown stuff so wheres your problem there. Yes it is probably the cheap option but to be honest i wasn''t grabbed by any of the names being put about, Ince no thanks, Boothroyd one good season and doesn''t seem to be held in high regard by many Watford fans, Dowie, Colin Calderwood well thats slit your wrist time!

I love this club to bits but last Tuesday i couldn''t bring myself to care before during or after the game. I was so f**ked off with Roeder and his f**king geordie mafia that i''d lost all heart in it. It was bloody clear when he brought in Adam Saddler or whatever his name was that Roeder didnt have a bloody clue. I think his next brainwave was changing our colours to black and white stripes for next season. Gunny, Chippy and Dixie are true NCFC legends up there with the best of them. How many of you on here who are slatting the apointment were singing Bryan whats the score on Saturday, i was and it brought back brilliant memories of standing in the Barclay singing it twenty odd years ago and thats what i want, Norwich people at this club. People who i think care as much as i do and thats what we''ve got now and i couldn''t feel more different to how i felt last Tuesday. And on a practical note i think Gunny has already made not only a brilliant emotional descision by bringing Crook and Deehan but a sound tactical one. Crook was a football genius, true we dont really know how good a coach he is but i would think a bloody good one and Dixie was a brilliant no.2 to Walker and to be honest a much better manager than he''s being given credit for on here. This club went into meltdown after Walker packed his bags but Deehan got it together and got us to 6th in the prem when many circumstances started going against him, wise up he was not a crap manager and his experiance will be crucial to this working. This has put the passion and the heart back into this club for me so ffs get behing them and the team and lets get out of the shit Roeder got us in!

[/quote]Thank you Shaker… you''ve just stopped me having to type it all!

[quote user="Shaker"]

[/quote]

Emotional stuff Shaker and I agree with much of what you say. I am pleased / delighted with Chippy and Dixie back here but don''t support Gunn getting the ''top job''. Deehan was much underrated as you say. My concern is why has Gunn come from absolutely nowhere to being so obviously (apparently) the right man for the job. He has done a load of ''odd jobs'' at Norwich (and that''s not being disrespectful) yet is now somehow this magical candidate.  If Boothroyd  was a non starter then I would have preferred Malky who has some (not much admittedly) coaching / early management experience and is very much expected to do well in the game if sources are to be believed.    

I still think that other candidates wanted a longer contract which the club were reticent to agree to (Jackson mentioned that Boothroyd wanted a ''longer term'' project for example).   

[quote user="Glutton for Punishment"]Cheap and easy option. The decision was made for the board by winning on Saturday. Utter respect for Gunn etc but he is part of the furniture and will fit in nicely with all that is wrong about the club - he won''t upset Delia and will just be part of her happy family as the club continues its decline.[/quote]

We have just sacked a manager who liked upsetting all and sundry!! The last thing we need is another divisive character in charge - the relationship between club and fans is probably at an all time low currently.

The problem with all the candidates available is that you can make a good case for them all but also potential problem areas with them all. Probably only Curbishley comes without too many downsides and I doubt that he would have come here.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Everyone on this board is pathetic, moan, moan, and bloody moan. You all moan about "The Board", but it''s those on this board that should take a look at themselves. I''m not 100% sure that Gunny is the right man, but at least he''s not a proven failure, every other name linked is a proven failure, all previously sacked for their poor jobs as managers. We''ve got three men who the fans know, like and the players will want to play for... save the moaning for if things don''t work, but for now get behind them and support the team (if you go that is).[/quote]

Here here!

Dowie, Boothroyd and Ince have all been sacked this season already....

[quote user="walks on water"]

[quote user="Salopian"]Many of the things suggested are true - he is a cheap option in that we do not have to pay compensation to another club, but is that bad ? The money will hopefully be used to add to a transfer fee instead.

He does lack actual experience of being in the lonely position of manager, but he has demonstrated character and an ability to reach out to other humans. He communicates well with the media and crowd, - he has already displayed good traits in this.

He has in his favour a great commitment to the club and he knows everyone well. They seem impressed and at least two former managers have recommended him.

The great advantage of this signing is that he has already started - possible recruitment, relationship with players, relationship with the Board. When time is short to sign new players and to design a recovery from our present position, he doesn''t need time to take stock and get to know people. He is there already!

We are in a parlous position, we have a man of character who is committed utterly, and supported by a team who love the club. He deserves our support.
[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

And a [Y] from me, too. Some great points there Sal. Not one person on here can truthfully call if we''ll do well or awful under Bryan/Chippy and Deehan but i''m not going to write them off yet....I can understand people wanted losers like Ince etc, and i''d of supported him as i''d of supported any appointment, but for god sake get behind these chaps. I seriously believe that NCFC fans are perhaps the most downbeat supporters in the world. The truth be told, any potential manager from the bookies/fans favourites all had major flaws, NONE were an Sir Alex or Arsene and we were never going to get one of them anyway haha so Good luck lads and bring on Southampton. 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t think there is an appointment the board could have made where they wouldn''t have been criticised. Who would have made you happy Gazza? Who would have really impressed you Angel?

Who knows what is around the corner for us but I don''t believe we will get relegated. But if the worst happened and we did I hope these three are given the chance to get us up again.

As for the board. They are past their sell by date with most fans. They will get no credit if this team are succesful and they will get all the blame if they fail. That could be a good thing. [/quote]

I''m not saying I''m uphappy with Gunny and Crook, guess I''m just worried that it won''t work out for them. But having thought about it today and read various people''s opinions you''re right Nigel that the board will bear the brunt if they fail so I have taken my worry hat off.

They will of course get my full support.

To answer your question if I''m honest I guess I was hoping it was Aidy and Malky.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Gunn is not a proven failure because he has gotten to a ripe age without managing - what does that tell you?

How many managers have NOT been sacked in their careers?

We do get behind the team but this is a message board where we can type our opinions.

My opinion is that you are a t*t.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Everyone on this board is pathetic, moan, moan, and bloody moan. You all moan about "The Board", but it''s those on this board that should take a look at themselves. I''m not 100% sure that Gunny is the right man, but at least he''s not a proven failure, every other name linked is a proven failure, all previously sacked for their poor jobs as managers. We''ve got three men who the fans know, like and the players will want to play for... save the moaning for if things don''t work, but for now get behind them and support the team (if you go that is).[/quote][/quote]

Right so we all have a right to an opinion but if it doesn''t accord with yours then you are a t*t? That being the case then you are a tw*t.....

I have no idea how things might work out but I do believe the supporters will relate to the appointments and genuinely get behind them. The sense of purpose this will engender might, with no serious injury problems, be enough to save us.

Gunn didn''t need to do this; Crooky didn''t need to cross the globe and Dixie didn''t have to come back. They did so because the Club matters more than their own egos.

With Roeder you had a man who wanted to succeed for himself and that was eventually his weakness as things began to go wrong.

I have great affection for all of these appointments, especially Crooky who I had the priveledge of knowing as a local and know him to be a first class person.

I for one will be proud to support Brian, Ian and John along with Norwich City and would be ecstatic if it comes off.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

I have no idea how things might work out but I do believe the supporters will relate to the appointments and genuinely get behind them. The sense of purpose this will engender might, with no serious injury problems, be enough to save us.

Gunn didn''t need to do this; Crooky didn''t need to cross the globe and Dixie didn''t have to come back. They did so because the Club matters more than their own egos.

With Roeder you had a man who wanted to succeed for himself and that was eventually his weakness as things began to go wrong.

I have great affection for all of these appointments, especially Crooky who I had the priveledge of knowing as a local and know him to be a first class person.

I for one will be proud to support Brian, Ian and John along with Norwich City and would be ecstatic if it comes off.

[/quote]i don''t doubt their commitment to the cause rude old - but i certainly doubt their credibility to take on their roles in the middle of a relegation battle - especially if these legends are not supported with a proper budget to get a new cb and cf in???without the necessary dosh...lambs to the slaughter anyone???where did i hear that,./[8-)]