Sign in to follow this  
ca

''OFFICIAL THREAD'' TO DISCUSS OUR NEW MANAGEMENT TEAM

Very happy to see Chippy back - just hope they can keep us up and then see what happens in the Summer - always thought that we were going to get the cheap option anyway.  Never thought that Gunny would be really interested as he has had enough grief in his life.  Would hate to see him go the same way as our previous managers and get vilified for it.  Renew or not to renew....God knows!

The cheapest option for sure.

No experience of a relegation scrap.

And no contacts for getting in decent signings or loans.

Unless Gunny can bend SAF''s ear a few times; like Ronaldo going cheap!

The board has lost it, although these days I dubt if they ever had it.

Well, I seem to be of an odd-one-out here. I''m pretty happy. Look at how many so-called experienced managers get the boot swiftly after they can''t replicate success from elsewhere. I am particularly happy about Crook coming back as he was at the heart of what brought us as close to ''total football'' as we have ever got. Not sure about Deehan. Overall, I feel positive.

Possibly a reasonable move given that it is until June. Also we have no money for new players so the main job will be to motivate the existing ones, this team should do that. Please say it doesn''t go wrong and 3 Norwich legends have their reputations tarnished. 

I wish them the very best of luck.

In his introduction Munby talked about the reason for this appointment being to bring a good feeling back to the club.  I would feel a bit more confident if he had focused just a tiny bit on the importance of keeping us in the Championship.

It could work and I really hope it does.  But my concern is that it has been done for the wrong reasons.

At least Deehan is not a direct part of the coaching team - he has been a disaster as a manager and we really need to be thinking better than that.  He was a disaster for us as a manager too.

Gunn with Crook?   Neither has managed in the UK and that feels very exposed given the very precarious situation we are in.   One successful win against a v poor Barnsley team is not a good barometer.  Like Roeder and Grant I will give them time,  but that is the one thing they really do not have. 

However it screams of the cheapest option,  which does not mean that it was not the best one,  

Cheap and easy option. The decision was made for the board by winning on Saturday. Utter respect for Gunn etc but he is part of the furniture and will fit in nicely with all that is wrong about the club - he won''t upset Delia and will just be part of her happy family as the club continues its decline.

My renewal form will also be going in the bin, I have had enough of this lot.

The board have installed a puppet they can walk all over! This is an inspired move by the board in that again they will play the fans by giving them puppets they feel they must support. While they order them around, make them the culprit when it all goes wrong. I bet Gunn demanded money to spend on players on his interview (NOT) That is why he has the job. Lets be honest!!!

ohhh my! i can see this going t*ts up big style! not very happy with this appointment, surely this can''t be real! none of them have any managerial experience in a relegation battle whatsoever! i think this is the biggest board howler to date, they really must go now! all we can do is get behind the team and pray we stay up. not holding my breath tho....

What a disappointment.  I was hoping for Aidy Boothroyd, and really thought we had a chance of getting someone in that knew what this division is all about and would keep us up.

I just hope the honeymoon period for Gunny sees us getting enough points to avoid the drop.  I''d hate to see his "Legend" status tarnished with being the manager that took us back to the third tier of English football ...

[quote user="YoungCanary"][quote user="Canaries Canary"]

My misses thinks Gunn looks like Darth Vader with his helemt off.

[/quote]

Haha good shout!

[/quote]http://80s-music.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/boy_george_2007.jpg

[quote user="cityangel"]I''m a bit disappointed if I''m honest but I''ll be right behind them.[/quote]

I echo that, but I back them fully, if they can achive half what they did as players we will be alright.

[quote user="kaiman"]ohhh my! i can see this going t*ts up big style! not very happy with this appointment, surely this can''t be real! none of them have any managerial experience in a relegation battle whatsoever! i think this is the biggest board howler to date, they really must go now! all we can do is get behind the team and pray we stay up. not holding my breath tho....[/quote]

Change the record mate Wink [;)]

Given a chance first before taking them to the slaughter!

The worst thing about it all I think is that its not even April 1stIm behind them all the way, but I think we all know that the whole ''til summer'' thing is likely to go out of the window, especially if we go downRocky times ahead I feel

I''ll get behind them, but I''m literally speechless at the appointment. I would like to say I''m shocked, but if I really think about it, I''m not at all.A nice, cheap safe option. I hope to be proved to be sorely wrong, but this could turn out to be an absolute disaster!! Thank god it''s only ''til June! PLEASE can we have a real manager (and board) then??? [:(]

I do think the board have gone for a cheap option and bottled it, but im always going to back these lads, they are legends. I hope there legend status is not tarnished by the boards slackness. Good luck to em!

OTBC!!!

i will back them all the way, but i feel extremely let down by this,as many have said this is the cheap option and just shows our complete lack of ambition.

My only worry is gunnys image being at risk if things go badly but he knows that to and has still put his name in the ring!

as for no experience he''s brought in 2 excellent coaches!

stop moaning and let''s get behind them, he loves the club like we do!....... come on!!!!!

Please sombody wake me up and tell me this is a horrible nightmare, were absoulutley screwed! this was a perfect oppurtunity for the board to state their ambition and show us fans they care about the club and what do they do? employ the cheapest option with no experiance of managment. why does this inept board never learn from their mistakes? i refuse to support this decesion and hand my notice in as a norwich supporter untill the current board is removed.

i respect gunn and think he is a top bloke but he is not a manager. there is no room for sympathy in football if you want to be successfull, and our board obviously dont want success. Poor old gunn respected and liked, a statesman of this club will be ousted and slated when this all goes wrong

this news has put a complete new low into supporting norwich. Any renewed optimism has been savagely ripped away once again by delia and co

So is Chippy relocating lock stock and barrel based on a contract that only runs until June or is he keeping his base in Oz just in case it all goes bosoms up?

[quote user="Canaries Canary"]

My misses thinks Gunn looks like Darth Vader with his helemt off.

[/quote]

Thought this for a long time although the "special edition" version (without eyebrows) is a closer match.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Please sombody wake me up and tell me this is a horrible nightmare, were absoulutley screwed! this was a perfect oppurtunity for the board to state their ambition and show us fans they care about the club and what do they do? employ the cheapest option with no experiance of managment. why does this inept board never learn from their mistakes? i refuse to support this decesion and hand my notice in as a norwich supporter untill the current board is removed.

i respect gunn and think he is a top bloke but he is not a manager. there is no room for sympathy in football if you want to be successfull, and our board obviously dont want success. Poor old gunn respected and liked, a statesman of this club will be ousted and slated when this all goes wrong

this news has put a complete new low into supporting norwich. Any renewed optimism has been savagely ripped away once again by delia and co

[/quote]See ya!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Bye bye Mr. Fairweather, you''ll be creeping back when we are successfull again.