Sign in to follow this  
timmytoyou

to all the drama queens....

why the big fuss about experience?

Glenn Roeder - very experienced - VERY crap, plus countless other examples i''m sure that i can''t be bothered to be sad enough to think of and list.

Get over the whole whingey "we need a man with experience" thing

Little analogy for you....

You are off on holiday and you meet the pilot.  He is a right nice guy and you think he will e a great pilot.On the plane it is announced this is his first ever flight.Still happy?

[quote user="timmytoyou"]

Glenn Roeder - very experienced - VERY crap, plus countless other examples i''m sure that i can''t be bothered to be sad enough to think of and list.

[/quote]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Little analogy for you....

You are off on holiday and you meet the pilot.  He is a right nice guy and you think he will e a great pilot.On the plane it is announced this is his first ever flight.Still happy?

[/quote][/quote]Yep... Timmy got the title correct

what a shockingly rubbish analogy.  the differences between the job of football manager and aircraft pilot in terms of skill requirement cannot be compared. You made yourself sound a right plonker there my friend

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Little analogy for you....

You are off on holiday and you meet the pilot.  He is a right nice guy and you think he will e a great pilot.

On the plane it is announced this is his first ever flight.

Still happy?

[/quote][/quote]

no, i bloody hate flying as it is! thans for that im flying soon aswell if the pilot says that im getting off!

[/quote]

What is it with first time posters who come on here to slag other people off?

Your inexperience is showing.  Take a tip from me: there''s nothing more boring than posters whining about posters whining.

oh no!!!! the "regular posters brigade are coming"

What is it you all say????      "This message board is for opinions" or some rubbish like that. I''m offering an opinion on a subject that to be quite honest has to take some sort of blame, if only small for the current plight.

To compromise the validity of my opinion based on a silly "post-counter" is really rather sad don''t you know? 

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="timmytoyou"]

[/quote]

What is it with first time posters who come on here to slag other people off?

Your inexperience is showing.  Take a tip from me: there''s nothing more boring than posters whining about posters whining.

[/quote]   

Apart from posters whining about posters who whine about posters who are whining

To be fair tty has got a point. People need to get ver any reservations about having Gunn as manager and unite behind the team. We''ve got what we''ve got for now so let''s wait until the end of the season and the see where we are...

[quote user="The Walking Man"]To be fair tty has got a point. People need to get ver any reservations about having Gunn as manager and unite behind the team. We''ve got what we''ve got for now so let''s wait until the end of the season and the see where we are...[/quote]

100% with you on that one!

[/quote]

Roeders regime at City followed the pattern of his previous management roles at other clubs. We all could see that pattern when he was appointed our manager but the board still made him manager, not sure why? ( past few managers, similar story)

The selection panel has the same info as we do regarding Gunn s appointment  as manager at a time when we are staring at the third division like a rabbit in the haedlights of a 40 ton sugar beet lorry.

I''m not entirely convinced and the results could be horrific.

I''m trying to think positive and cheer on our team, but..

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]Little analogy for you....

You are off on holiday and you meet the pilot.  He is a right nice guy and you think he will e a great pilot.

On the plane it is announced this is his first ever flight.

Still happy?

[/quote][/quote]

no, i bloody hate flying as it is! thans for that im flying soon aswell if the pilot says that im getting off!

[/quote]

If the experienced pilot has crashed the last 4 planes he''s flown, then I''m going with the rookie!

Exactly my point houston canary!Bryan Robson, Graham Souness are experienced, would you take them?Do you think Peterborough Utd fans where over impressed when darren ferguson was appointed? Bet they love it now eh?

Yes.  renegade''s analogy was weak and needed to be exposed. Also, I thought my counter to it was kinda funny. If he lets the players play to their strengths (which he apparently did on Saturday), then they will respond both on the scoreboard and in their general outlook.

its a big ask for an inexperienced team to come into a relegation battle imo...especially if they lack the budget to buy an proper CB and CF to help them plan an escape route...if gunny, crooky and dixie are shafted by the board just last roedy was last jan window - i don''t fancy our chances...i''m hoping we get the experienced players in we need to credibly make our way up the table...simple as///john hartson anyone???who scouted him...

You are off on holiday and you meet the pilot.  He is a right nice guy and you think he will e a great pilot.On the plane it is announced this is his first ever flight.Still happy?When did a commercial pilot on his maiden flight, last crash his plane?

[/quote]

Correct!

Gunnys got experience in pro football, Norwich City FC, getting on with people and motivating!

He will also have Ian Crook, Tommy Wright, John Deehan and another yet to be announced backing him and thats a lotr of experience!

All these atributes combined with the expert help he''ll be getting makes Gunny more suited to the job of Norwich FC manager than the pilock we had before him!

Ian Dowies never been at the club before and has been burnt 3 times in management and is now involved in the lucrative TV pundit game so I don''t think he''d be that motivated and  would not adjust as quickly as Gunn will!

Ince is the same except hes only been burnt once in management, doesn''t do the TV but is also known for being arrogant and up his own a*s and that would possibly be his downfall!

Football managers are like politicans in that in most cases they will end up failing. There is no such thing as a perfect manager but Gunny was the best option we had other than Boothroyd and Mackay!

glad the messageboard is for opinions, i''ve got an opinion that grantroederdisaster is an irritating t***er and so is timmytoyou. oh and grantroederdisaster, the number of posts you''ve made in the couple of months you''ve been on here indicates you seriously need to get a life. you''re so far up yourself you can''t see the daylight.

OTBC