Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

1K Post + Official Lappin Campaign

Thought I would combine by 1000th post on here with a thread for an official campaign to get Lappin back in the squad!

I could list reasons why Lappin should be playing, but we all know that is my view. The way he was treated by the last management team was shocking, not even letting him train with the 1st team. I hope he is given the chance he deserves when the new guy comes in. He is now back training with the first team, getting back to some degree of sharpness, and I hope sooner rather than later he gets his chance to step back out on the hallowed turf at Carrow Road!

If you want to see Lappin given another chance, say AYE!

I can think of many reasons why he shouldn''t, the main one being how cr*p he was the last time he stepped out at carrow road.Just shows how expectations have fallen both with supporters and directors.I myself hope he never puts a norwich shirt on again, as did many supporters at the time he was last dropped.

I agree. It would be great to see him playing for the 1st team again.

I will never forget that amazing free kick he scored in the last minute at Luton. What a night that was!

On The Ball City

Definitely agree, he''s been treated poorly by the previous regime, but has always remained professional and committed to the last. Hope he gets a chance to actually play soon and not just sit on the bench. He''s got a good left foot on him as well, can take a mean free-kick - Luton away anyone?? I heard that Roeder made him train with the youth team - disgraceful and another reason (as if it were needed) to suggest that getting rid of that man was a big step forward for the club. Here''s hoping Simon!!

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]I can think of many reasons why he shouldn''t, the main one being how cr*p he was the last time he stepped out at carrow road.Just shows how expectations have fallen both with supporters and directors.I myself hope he never puts a norwich shirt on again, as did many supporters at the time he was last dropped. [/quote]The last time he stepped out at Carrow Rd (v Watford) he played at FULL BACK. How would Pattison, Russell or Fotheringham fare if played there? Grant started that (Drury''s injury) and Roeder continued with it (Ipswich 2-2 H,  Watford 1-3H & Plymouth 3-0 A). He did alright v Ipswich -see the report by David Cuffley here:http://new.pinkun.com/content/NCFC/Stats/2007-2008/matches/071104Ipswich.aspxThe report by Chris Lakey on Watford is less flattering - but then Lakey has never sung his praises - even after his super performance in the Arsenal game Lakey muted the initial report praising him. The Plymouth game is, as they say , history.LAPPIN MUST PLAY - if only to prove his syupporters wrong! (And the great Glenn Roeder right)

Right Ronbol, so a player performs crap in his last game and should therefore never play for the club again?

Robinho played crap in man city''s last game, missed a sitter. By your reckoning he should never play again right?

Players have bad games. Accept it. Even bad seasons. Iwan was pretty rubbish in his first season with us. The question is whether or not the player has some quality and can be an asset for the team.

If you''ve ever played football you''ll know you can have a great day playing and you can have a terrible day. But if you have a bad day you still go out and play the next week. It''s the manager''s job to get the player playing consistently and showing his quality.

Thank god you''re not the manager!

i personally dont think lappin is the best player this club has ever bought/aquired but nor do i think he has been the worst. He played in one of the most turbulant periods for the club and i dont think we ever saw his potential ( if there was any even ). In our very successful squad under Walker we had players who were not exactly world beaters ie Newman Sutch Woodthorpe Megson but they all played a vital role in the team.

I understand where your coming from, he is a good player i think. Plus left footed wingers seem to be hard to come by....BUT we don''t know what he''s like on the training field and with the recent 4-0 win (get in there! Big Smile [:D] ) why would Gunny (or whoever comes in) change the starting line up. Noone deserves to be dropped after a win like that, all moral is high, why make it worse by dropping people after that. I agree though he does deserve his chance at some point even if it''s off the bench and i think he will.

[quote user="a1canary"]Right Ronbol, so a player performs crap in his last game and should therefore never play for the club again? Robinho played crap in man city''s last game, missed a sitter. By your reckoning he should never play again right? Players have bad games. Accept it. Even bad seasons. Iwan was pretty rubbish in his first season with us. The question is whether or not the player has some quality and can be an asset for the team. If you''ve ever played football you''ll know you can have a great day playing and you can have a terrible day. But if you have a bad day you still go out and play the next week. It''s the manager''s job to get the player playing consistently and showing his quality. Thank god you''re not the manager![/quote]

Well said. Too many people take a short term view in football.

He could have had a chance in either cup competition. Last tuesday would have been good, v. Charlton.  Imagine if he''d scored a hat-trick and saved Roeder''s bacon?!!!

Still wouldn''t have made the 16 for the Barnsley game!

At the end of the day it may well just be that Drury and Bertrand and Hoolahan and Pattison are better than Lappin, and are ahead of him in the pecking order. Thats why he''s not in the team.Yes Roeder has treated him badly but that still doesnt give him a right to be in the team, if the guys in front of him are looking better then he''s got no chance has he.

"If the guys in front of him are looking better..."Quite right B''man. If, if , if. Would be nice to know for sure

wouldn''t it? (How could anyone judge when he was not allowed to train

with the first team prior to Gunn taking over?). Beats me how Doncaster

could allow one of his company''s assets to be completely ignored in

that way.Nice poacher''s goal v Celtic here whilst he was out on loan:  http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVuC-JiWAg

Lappin should be in the squad if we are short and he should have been given a chance over the last few weeks, but have people have forgotten what he was like as a player?? It think people are clutching at a myth. He was not good enough for Championship football. He is left footed and can take a decent free kick, however Hoolahan is the only choice for left mid!

I''ve always thought Lappin is quite a decent player. Certainly a handy player to have in our squad, he''s a sensible player with the ball at his feet and obviously he''s got a good left foot.

On the face of it does rather look that Roeder was wrong to freeze him out like he did but perhaps he had his reasons to. Perhaps not.

Och Aye.

He deserves a chance and should be on the bench soon.

Has a cultured left foot and is an intelligent player but a bit lightweight I fear, particularly as we are a lightweight team at present

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Thought I would combine by 1000th post on here with a thread for an official campaign to get Lappin back in the squad! I could list reasons why Lappin should be playing, but we all know that is my view. The way he was treated by the last management team was shocking, not even letting him train with the 1st team. I hope he is given the chance he deserves when the new guy comes in. He is now back training with the first team, getting back to some degree of sharpness, and I hope sooner rather than later he gets his chance to step back out on the hallowed turf at Carrow Road! If you want to see Lappin given another chance, say AYE![/quote]Yeh get him back in the squad,sheringham reserves have really struggled since he was dropped......lol

[quote user="we are rubbish"]Yeh get him back in the squad,sheringham reserves have really struggled since he was dropped......lol[/quote]

Not nice, give the boy a chance !