Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Good Luck Gunny and Chippy

Not the appointment most wanted, but they know what we expect, and deserve our respect. Gunny and Chippy are great lads and we all know about Deehan from his stint as player and the success alongside Walker. Chippy has coaching experience and Gunny knows how to talk to players unlike Roeder.

They need our full support, and thats what they will get.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads.

OTBC!

Completely agree Arthur.

Quite a bold appointment I think. Much rather have this than the other names being seriously linked.

CONGRATULATIONS GUNNY/CHIPPY !

Hope to God it works out [:D]

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

Not the appointment most wanted, but they know what we expect, and deserve our respect. Gunny and Chippy are great lads and we all know about Deehan from his stint as player and the success alongside Walker. Chippy has coaching experience and Gunny knows how to talk to players unlike Roeder.

They need our full support, and thats what they will get.

Good luck for the rest of the season lads.

OTBC!

[/quote]

Spot on Arthur. My heart sank when I heard the announcement because I was expecting a "name" (should know better with our board!). Having said that I love Gunny and Chippy, they''re both lovely blokes who I''ve met and got on well with, and they are City through and through. As I''ve said elsewhere I will be there and cheering next Tuesday and beyond.

I cant fricking wait for next tuesday to be honest.  I didnt want Gunn as manager but to come in with Chippy and John Deehan sounds alot better.Now we have a manager we dont resent from day one and everyone knows what to expect off eachother.These guys will teach our players what it means to play for this club and maybe, just maybe we will see some passion now.I also love the Bryan Bryan Gunn song so guess we get to use that more often now.

Agreed we need to get behind them. There will be no doubting their passion and commitment, and maybe that will count for more than we realise. Although there isnt a "Boothroyd" or "Ince" type name in there, it feels like we are NCFC again.....(if you know what I mean)

Good luck to all 3. The players will have more respect for Gunn and Crook than any of the previous 3 so let''s not underestimate that. There is no doubt our squad has talent in it making the main problem motivation. I can seriously see them being more than competent at this.

I do think the board have gone for a cheap option and bottled it, but im always going to back these lads, they are legends. I hope there legend status is not tarnished by the board being skint. Good luck to em!

OTBC!!!

I agree with what you say but this will eventually destroy any love we had for Gunny, he''s asking to be shot down in flames!

I hope he is successful but as things stand i don''t see where the points are coming from to save us from the drop, new manager syndrome got us the points against Barnsley but does Gunn have the right skills to see us safe.

Crooky is a good decision, he should have been given the top job in my humble opinion!

OTBC since 1969

These appointments as a team are going to lift the club and that is what is needed after the misery of the GR reign. There is now a relegation battle to fight and they will certainly get backing of majority of supporters even if some of us wanted something different.

And lets not forget the "Fergy" factor - theres a good relationship between Sir Alex & Gunny, which I predict will be very useful in the future, both in terms of advice, mentoring, and perhaps the odd player or two!

[quote user="spm2866"]

I agree with what you say but this will eventually destroy any love we had for Gunny, he''s asking to be shot down in flames!

I hope he is successful but as things stand i don''t see where the points are coming from to save us from the drop, new manager syndrome got us the points against Barnsley but does Gunn have the right skills to see us safe.

Crooky is a good decision, he should have been given the top job in my humble opinion!

OTBC since 1969

[/quote]

In your opinion of course. I''ll at least give them 3 or 4 games to see how they set about the task.

I think I''m right in saying that a few teams have saxked their manager & been managerless for a few weeks - & performed better without said manager.Perhaps over-management is worse than no management. Maybe a manager''s main task is to keep the team''s confidence going when things aren''t going well. This is when his character & the players'' respect for him becomes paramount.Is Gunny that man?

I`m with you, Arthur.

These three are all legends and deserve our support.

I think we may be pleasantly surprised [:D]

[quote user="ron obvious"]
I think I''m right in saying that a few teams have saxked their manager & been managerless for a few weeks - & performed better without said manager.
Perhaps over-management is worse than no management. Maybe a manager''s main task is to keep the team''s confidence going when things aren''t going well. This is when his character & the players'' respect for him becomes paramount.
Is Gunny that man?

[/quote]

Don''t know if any of you follow the cricket, but there''s a parallel here with the Peter Moores situation with England. Too much coaching, getting on the players'' nerves etc. In fact Shane Warne has been quoted as saying he doesn''t believe in coaches at all, the players should just get on with it!

Gunny wont make the mistake Roeder did of talking too much to the press.  He talked too much and said too little.  The press reported him verbatim, so the fans saw him as a gibbering ninny.

Hooray for a positive thread and some sensible comments finally!  Yes Gunny might destroy his reputation at the club if he fails, but he guy should get some credit for sticking his head above the parapet and taking on the challenge.  He could have easily hung around the club for the foreseeable future in scouting and whatever, but instead has shown the determination to manage the club he loves.

Another thing, at least in my lifetime this club has been most successful when promoting from within and having managers with passion for the club.  Why not go back to this instead of employing ''bigger'' names who have no evidence of being any more successful.