Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Knock it off Gunn!

''The players let Roeder down''

No mate, they let the fans down first! you remember them don''t you? they''re the mugs who''ve been paying YOUR inflated wages for years!

Consider the context before you get your little red faced icon out again mate!

"Bryan do you think that the players let Roeder down?"

"Yeah, I do think that they let Roeder down"

Part of a much longer chat, whittled and edited to a meaningless piece of lazy journalism and spliced into ITV Championship etc.

By the way - out of interest, how much does Gunn earn at C R these days?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Badger"]Knock it off Wizard![/quote]

Why? its true!

[/quote]We have just won 4 - 0. Can''t we have one day of celebration without petty sniping? I''m sure that everything wasn''t right in the past and nor will it be in the future. That''s life and football. But if you can''t enjoy the moment, well,  what is the point...?

[quote user="Romantic"]Consider the context before you get your little red faced icon out again mate! "Bryan do you think that the players let Roeder down?" "Yeah, I do think that they let Roeder down" Part of a much longer chat, whittled and edited to a meaningless piece of lazy journalism and spliced into ITV Championship etc. By the way - out of interest, how much does Gunn earn at C R these days?[/quote]

I haven''t even watched ITV Championship..............mate![:|]

Don''t be snippy, check the "etc" at the end of the post. You know what I''m getting at don''t you? I''m just saying, these singular quotes are almost never presented (whatever the format) as part of a rolling, all inclusive text.

Oh by the way, sarcasm''s hard to convey in here so I''d never write the word mate without it being an actual term of affection. I may disagree with your target today but I''m not having a personal punt.

[quote user="Romantic"]Don''t be snippy, check the "etc" at the end of the post. You know what I''m getting at don''t you? I''m just saying, these singular quotes are almost never presented (whatever the format) as part of a rolling, all inclusive text. Oh by the way, sarcasm''s hard to convey in here so I''d never write the word mate without it being an actual term of affection. I may disagree with your target today but I''m not having a personal punt.[/quote]

Fair enough Romantic, and my Gunny quote comes direct from the Offy site.

Yeah I know it does I''ve just been off sniffing for it. That''s even odder isn''t it? I mean, there''s lazy journalism which affects how we receive things, but many on here would suspect that there''s an Orwellian control of the rhetoric on the clubs own site. Same rushed transcriptions regardless of the office evidently. We''ve drifted off your original point though eh? I think what I''m saying is that I doubt Gunny would select that as his primary point of reference in relation to last weeks dismissal. If that''s actually what he did then I''ll get back under me duvet.

No mate, they let the fans down [/quote]

Same thing

How many times have we given player ratings of 8 or above for more than a single player in the team this year?If more players had played to their best ability (like they did against Wolves & Ipswich) then we''d have won more games this season, we''d be in a much better position, the fans would be much happier, the players would be much happier and I''m sure Roeder would still be at the club and most of the fans would still be backing him!It''s fairly obvious to see that the problem was that Roeder couldn''t motivate the team to play to their best - the games against Wolves & Ipswich motivate themselves but the fact is that if the players had played to the best of their abilities it would be a completely different story so yes, the players have let Roeder down.It would also seem true to say that Roeder let the players down. Therefore it would also be true to say the players and Roeder have let the fans down.At the same time, the fans have been on the players and Roeders back making it a much more difficult job so it wouldn''t be unfair to say that the fans have let Roeder and the players down.All it all this seaqson has been a let down and everyone has been to blame, Roeder, the players & the fans.I could bring the board into this too but I''m getting bored now (no pun intended).

No mate, they let the fans down first! you remember them don''t you? they''re the mugs who''ve been paying YOUR inflated wages for years!

[/quote]They let everybody down, including themselves.

I like the fact Alex Ferguson took the time to send Gunny a good luck message - I know Fergie has a lot of critics but I would love someone as single minded and inspiring as him at Norwich City.Has anyone listened to Gunn''s interview on the BBC site?  Not all nicey nicey by any means.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7815952.stm"The club" recalled Cureton who needs to "keep it going" for the rest of the season to "improve his goal tally".We''d asked Wes Hoolahan to play a different role but he "isn''t the sort to listen to instructions" (i.e. he didn''t do what he was asked to do).

[/quote]

Frighteningly succinct Wiz.

Prepare for more Carrow Road spin with Gunn''s saintly club character being the latest shield for Smith and Co''s fatal inadequacies.

I see it''s working it''s "magic" on some already..... and it is of course the usual suspects.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Prepare for more Carrow Road spin with Gunn''s saintly club character being the latest shield for Smith and Co''s fatal inadequacies.

I see it''s working it''s "magic" on some already..... and it is of course the usual suspects.

[/quote]

Whereas you Cluckcaster are far too savvy to be sucked in. Wow I wish I could be as pessimistic and down-beat as you. Top stuff.

[/quote]

Wiz are you for real? and just what would you class as inflated wages???

[quote user="Grif"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whereas you Cluckcaster are far too savvy to be sucked in. Wow I wish I could be as pessimistic and down-beat as you. Top stuff.

[/quote]Couldn''t have put it better myself [Y]

[/quote]

By all means, try to get a hate campaign against Gunny going but I think you will find you have very, very, very few supporters. You miserable cumudgeon.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Wasn''t it Foz who said that the players let Roeder down not Gunny. [/quote]i think it was both but in the end Roeder (management) and players(motavation) were to blame so lets not go through this all again...Hes gone so lets get behind the new manager (who ever it is???)

Look, as far as I can make out Gunny certainly did have a go at the players and defended Roader, something like, as a great man and whom I learned a lot of... and... the backroom staff where the best i have ever worked with... and .... there were a few home truths told to the players.

Well I for one was pleased that the players did let Roader down against Charlton last Tuesday night. It was painful to watch and it was obvious the players were not giving 100%. They had obviously had a gutful of Roeder and once Lee Clark had gone they feared the worse and were right to do so.

All this happened because of Roeders poor management skills as it has happened at every other club he has been to.

Gunny was of great stature at yesterdays game but why do i feel he is quite good at licking certain areas? If he believed what he said about Roeder that I''m desperate that he doesn''t get the job.

[/quote]

ha ha

[quote user="Grif"][quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right in one.....

Join the usual suspects......

[quote user="book end"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

By all means, try to get a hate campaign against Gunny going but I think you will find you have very, very, very few supporters. You miserable cumudgeon.

[/quote]

Grow up!

Its not a hate campaign book end, its the love for our club. Gunn would be a total disaster, we cannot take a chance on a rookie manager who is pals with the players.

Management doesn''t work like that.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Look, as far as I can make out Gunny certainly did have a go at the players and defended Roader, something like, as a great man and whom I learned a lot of... and... the backroom staff where the best i have ever worked with... and .... there were a few home truths told to the players. Well I for one was pleased that the players did let Roader down against Charlton last Tuesday night. It was painful to watch and it was obvious the players were not giving 100%. They had obviously had a gutful of Roeder and once Lee Clark had gone they feared the worse and were right to do so. All this happened because of Roeders poor management skills as it has happened at every other club he has been to. Gunny was of great stature at yesterdays game but why do i feel he is quite good at licking certain areas? If he believed what he said about Roeder that I''m desperate that he doesn''t get the job.[/quote]I have to agree with all that you say. He has no doubt a lot to offer within the club and on Saturday was just what was needed, but to be appointed as manager would be a step too far.

[quote user="book end"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Until he takes us down maybe???

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="book end"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Until he takes us down maybe???

[/quote]

EARLY WARNING.

Doctor Death  has returned.