Sign in to follow this  
Ex-greenoschin

Things they are a happening!!

My headline was "Things they are a happening" not "here is the name of the new manager" I have told you that I have been told of 2 events happening soon - not just we are getting a new manager.

If it''s alright by you I will stick to my guns (no pun intended) and not betray my customer.

You start getting upset and irritable if you want but again - all I have done is give a "heads up" Ihaven''t come on here to say" look at me" and I''m not interested in gloating should it come off . 

Utter nonsense - he could quite easily just post the name he has - who the hell could trace it back to anyone from a random forum username.[quote user="blahblahblah"]I think the moral of the story here is "Let people find out through the press".  It''s obviously not worth the hassle giving people info as it only gets you ridiculed or pestered.[/quote]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Utter nonsense - he could quite easily just post the name he has - who the hell could trace it back to anyone from a random forum username.[quote user="blahblahblah"]I think the moral of the story here is "Let people find out through the press".  It''s obviously not worth the hassle giving people info as it only gets you ridiculed or pestered.[/quote][/quote]He could do, but it would lead to further pestering from people like you to give him the source.  Did you see the hassle SuperWes got from posting the Carl Moore rumour ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I think the moral of the story here is "Let people find out through the press".  It''s obviously not worth the hassle giving people info as it only gets you ridiculed or pestered.
[/quote]

I think you''re right Blah, you can spout all sorts of negative shite on here with very little come back but impart some info given to you  and you are ridiculed!!  Lesson learnt!

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

My headline was "Things they are a happening" not "here is the name of the new manager" I have told you that I have been told of 2 events happening soon - not just we are getting a new manager.

If it''s alright by you I will stick to my guns (no pun intended) and not betray my customer.

You start getting upset and irritable if you want but again - all I have done is give a "heads up" Ihaven''t come on here to say" look at me" and I''m not interested in gloating should it come off . 

[/quote]

For what it''s worth I actually believe what you say is true, problem is that until papers are signed these things can fall through which would then make it look like you were telling porkies. Something like this will happen sooner or later so why shouldn''t it be happening now, the money to pay Roeder off had to come from somewhere so it could just be possible it came from a new owner who is also having an imput into the new manager negotiations.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

I hope it''s true, but consider this:

In my view there is no way the present owners would relinquish control unless the only alternative was bankruptcy.

Unless the new owners were fabulously wealthy we would not be out of the woods financially. 

However, money on its own would not solve our problems.  What is almost more important is owners who will get their priorities right, who will put the "F" back into NCFC and focus on what really matters.  

Provided we got that I''d have no complaints.  I''d cut them some slack . . . but not too much.  The first sign of an owner who starts to imagine they''re bigger than the club (as per Chase in his final years and Delia throughout her tenure) and I''ll be right on their case.

[/quote]

....and I''ll be right on your case Percy, until you begin to wipe the venom from your eyes and start posting some substance to back up your views as opposed to what comes across, quite frankly, as blind abhorrence of the present majority owners. For example, your comment:  "In my view there is no way the present owners would relinquish control unless the only alternative was bankruptcy. What in heavens name brings you to such a view? You are aware of the state of debt in football in general today. Years before the economic crisis hit Peter Cullum, ( and any other wealthy interested party for that matter ), had the opportunity to go after the club for turning over to Delia and Michael probably less than 1% of his personal net worth, and they would almost certainly have taken it. They are intelligent people and they know they cannot take the club to where we would all like to go. What do you think would possess them ( or anyone ) to hold to a position where they would refuse to  relinquish control unless the only alternative they faced was bankruptcy? I don''t fault them for refusing to give up their holdings for virtually nothing. If I held such an asset I doubt I would give it up under those circumstances and nor would  any sensible person. They seem to have done as much or more with their lives than people such as you and me who spend our time posting on a football message board. For that reason alone I''d put more stock in their judgement than in yours or mine. Certainly yours.

[/quote]

Yankee . . . haven''t you got anything better to do? 

Right now I''m listening to the inaugural speech by your new President.  I don''t think you like him very much, but can''t you at least recognise what a significant day this is in the history of the USA.  Very strange sense of priorities.

Ah . . . now I see why you are the one filled with venom and bile.  Direct it where it belongs Yankee.

But that goes with the "glory" of breaking news.  If you are going to post what you "know" on a message board (where the people involved obviously would not want you to) then there is no way for anyone to verify your information.  How can you expect anyone to react any differently after Good News Gordon and the countless ofhter wind up merchants that have played with the emotions of fans for years? 

For you to get insulted by any of what is written on a board is just silly. If you know something, and are sure if it happening, then post away and never mind the doubters, you will end up smelling like roses and people will remember.  You will become credible and not have to deal with this.  Until that happens, whining about your treatment after having posted an unverifed rumor will get you nowhere.

[quote user="bass is best"]

can i have some more info please...i wont tell anyone [:P]

u can send me a pm if u like [:)]

[/quote]No doubt my son will tell you when I get home!!

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Ex-greenoschin"]

[/quote]

For what it''s worth I actually believe what you say is true, problem is that until papers are signed these things can fall through which would then make it look like you were telling porkies. Something like this will happen sooner or later so why shouldn''t it be happening now, the money to pay Roeder off had to come from somewhere so it could just be possible it came from a new owner who is also having an imput into the new manager negotiations.

[/quote]Don''t know if it helps but this guy from memory is on the ball, if he believes him that gives credence to the OP imo.

And I hassled tipster101 is you remember about his oh so solid tip that "AB" was to be revealed before the weelend - and what a load of rubbish that was, yet I got attacked for calling him out!The moral of the story is to realise that people want to know what is happening about their club, and posting empty sh*t like the OP of this thread has just adds to the mess.  He could quite easily have given a more solid rumour, or given the info to another poster to post and have it totally unconnected to himself.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]Utter nonsense - he could quite easily just post the name he has - who the hell could trace it back to anyone from a random forum username.[quote user="blahblahblah"]I think the moral of the story here is "Let people find out through the press".  It''s obviously not worth the hassle giving people info as it only gets you ridiculed or pestered.[/quote][/quote]He could do, but it would lead to further pestering from people like you to give him the source.  Did you see the hassle SuperWes got from posting the Carl Moore rumour ?[/quote]

So dont want to betray client but ok to tell son and allow him to tell friends who also have accounts on forum, and say you have told him  on the forum as well.... yeah thats really keeping his confidence.

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"][quote user="bass is best"]

can i have some more info please...i wont tell anyone [:P]

u can send me a pm if u like [:)]

[/quote]No doubt my son will tell you when I get home!![/quote]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]

But that goes with the "glory" of breaking news.  If you are going to post what you "know" on a message board (where the people involved obviously would not want you to) then there is no way for anyone to verify your information.  How can you expect anyone to react any differently after Good News Gordon and the countless ofhter wind up merchants that have played with the emotions of fans for years? 

For you to get insulted by any of what is written on a board is just silly. If you know something, and are sure if it happening, then post away and never mind the doubters, you will end up smelling like roses and people will remember.  You will become credible and not have to deal with this.  Until that happens, whining about your treatment after having posted an unverifed rumor will get you nowhere.

[/quote]I''m not whining chap, just replying to comments good and bad, make of it what you will, people naming names doesn''t have a good track record of being proved right. I originally posted to say I''ve been told things are happening now - not sometime or eventually but at the moment.

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

I hope it''s true, but consider this:

In my view there is no way the present owners would relinquish control unless the only alternative was bankruptcy.

Unless the new owners were fabulously wealthy we would not be out of the woods financially. 

However, money on its own would not solve our problems.  What is almost more important is owners who will get their priorities right, who will put the "F" back into NCFC and focus on what really matters.  

Provided we got that I''d have no complaints.  I''d cut them some slack . . . but not too much.  The first sign of an owner who starts to imagine they''re bigger than the club (as per Chase in his final years and Delia throughout her tenure) and I''ll be right on their case.

[/quote]

....and I''ll be right on your case Percy, until you begin to wipe the venom from your eyes and start posting some substance to back up your views as opposed to what comes across, quite frankly, as blind abhorrence of the present majority owners. For example, your comment:  "In my view there is no way the present owners would relinquish control unless the only alternative was bankruptcy. What in heavens name brings you to such a view? You are aware of the state of debt in football in general today. Years before the economic crisis hit Peter Cullum, ( and any other wealthy interested party for that matter ), had the opportunity to go after the club for turning over to Delia and Michael probably less than 1% of his personal net worth, and they would almost certainly have taken it. They are intelligent people and they know they cannot take the club to where we would all like to go. What do you think would possess them ( or anyone ) to hold to a position where they would refuse to  relinquish control unless the only alternative they faced was bankruptcy? I don''t fault them for refusing to give up their holdings for virtually nothing. If I held such an asset I doubt I would give it up under those circumstances and nor would  any sensible person. They seem to have done as much or more with their lives than people such as you and me who spend our time posting on a football message board. For that reason alone I''d put more stock in their judgement than in yours or mine. Certainly yours.

[/quote]

Yankee . . . haven''t you got anything better to do? 

Right now I''m listening to the inaugural speech by your new President.  I don''t think you like him very much, but can''t you at least recognise what a significant day this is in the history of the USA.  Very strange sense of priorities.

Ah . . . now I see why you are the one filled with venom and bile.  Direct it where it belongs Yankee.

[/quote]

I both listened to the speech and recognised the point you made. Most sensible people would. However, none of that addresses the question I asked of you which relates to NCFC, which you continue to evade. I know you''re reasonably intelligent so why not share with me and other posters how you have arrived at the viewpoint you expressed.

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]

[/quote]I''m not whining chap, just replying to comments good and bad, make of it what you will, people naming names doesn''t have a good track record of being proved right. I originally posted to say I''ve been told things are happening now - not sometime or eventually but at the moment.[/quote]

Another thing NYC I didn''t post for the "glory"

im hardly pestering , my thought is if you have something to say , say it  why half say something .

if i was to say ..norwich are making a signing ... your first question would be who?

so why put something on here you cant back up,

[quote user="Ex-greenoschin"][quote user="Ex-greenoschin"][quote user="newyorkcanary"]

[/quote]I''m not whining chap, just replying to comments good and bad, make of it what you will, people naming names doesn''t have a good track record of being proved right. I originally posted to say I''ve been told things are happening now - not sometime or eventually but at the moment.[/quote]

Another thing NYC I didn''t post for the "glory"

[/quote]Do you know if an announcement is imminent? Tomorrow perhaps.

Yankee my assumptions are at least as valid as yours.  I could ask you to explain how you arrived at them but I simply can''t be bothered.  I may be right and I may be wrong, and the same applies to you.  Does it really matter?  This is a message board not the Nurumberg War Trials.  Chill out for heavens sake.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

Yankee my assumptions are at least as valid as yours.  I could ask you to explain how you arrived at them but I simply can''t be bothered.  I may be right and I may be wrong, and the same applies to you.  Does it really matter?  This is a message board not the Nurumberg War Trials.  Chill out for heavens sake.

[/quote]

I''m chilled Percy. Presumably, we both love our club. Yes, it is a message board. The difference between you and me, however, is that you choose to use it to resort to accusations without substance or explanation. I''m much less inclined to follow that path. If you were a teenager that flounders around with poorly thought out ideas expressed with bad grammar I would not react. However, you''re an intelligent person of the same generation as me influencing the young on this message board with unsubstantiated venom. That''s why I react.  

Well you guys in view of all this i am going to post, this is what i was told on Sunday evening via a insider " on the short list is a existng premiership manager" a name was mentioned but that was only a guess of who it could be, so yes we could all be in for a pleasant supprise and that is all i will say.

any clues bassy ... maybe thats why sir alex rang mr gunn "hello brian how are you, can you just have a quick word with delia, me and the missus always wanted to retire near the broads!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

I''m chilled Percy. Presumably, we both love our club. Yes, it is a message board. The difference between you and me, however, is that you choose to use it to resort to accusations without substance or explanation. I''m much less inclined to follow that path. If you were a teenager that flounders around with poorly thought out ideas expressed with bad grammar I would not react. However, you''re an intelligent person of the same generation as me influencing the young on this message board with unsubstantiated venom. That''s why I react.  

[/quote]

Are you are suggesting that it is my deliberate intention to corrupt young minds?  Yes or No.

[quote user="Bassy"]

Well you guys in view of all this i am going to post, this is what i was told on Sunday evening via a insider " on the short list is a existng premiership manager" a name was mentioned but that was only a guess of who it could be, so yes we could all be in for a pleasant supprise and that is all i will say.

[/quote]SCOTS premiership perhaps?.